Flying: Why must we wait until 8.2?

General Discussion
Prev 1 21 22 23 Next
Would love if they found a way to slip flying into 8.1.5 instead of 8.2. The design of the islands in general, as well as how you get between the two, seems like it will lessen the negative effects of flying to a wide degree.

Flying would make Dazar'alor much more tolerable(it actually seems designed for flying), and improve navigating Tiragarde Sound a ton(& Boralus to a less degree). We already can fly in Arathi, and presumably will be able to fly in Darkshore, and not be able to fly in Nazjatar, so a lot of the outdoor content is already set.

The impact on gathering and on world PvP would be the biggest hindrance to flying being available at any point, and hopefully the discussion of how to deal with either has already been determined.
11/08/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Gabitha

Just like when stupid people wanted classic servers and they were hit with the infamous "wall of no" text?

I won't stop complaining about flying until it goes back to the way we had for 8 years. You know back when wow had the highest sub count ever.

We will see you in 8 more years down the road when we are at patch 16.2 and earning Pathfinder pt 2.

We will see. I don't get why people like you think things in this game are set in stone. Players can, will, and have pushed changes in this game.
Pathfinder has always been a content filler when there’s not else do.
Most everyone I know that played WoW preferred flying at max level and didn't like pathfinder.

I was the guild leader of a large guild. The "vocal minority" were the ones that agreed with pathfinder or thought flying was bad because they fell into the fanboy category. They watched the Q & A's and followed the Blizz devs talking points.

The people who loved flying and didn't like pathfinder just didn't think they had any control over it. They either just quit playing or made the best of a bad situation. The ones that kept playing did so because of their friends and family that still played. There are still fun things to do in the game even if they think flying is more fun and waiting so long for it isn't.

I've never seen any of those pro flying guild members post on the forums over the years. Not one that I can ever remember seeing on the forums. They just don't use forums or other media for discussions like this. They're not a minority, they're just not vocal about their opinions and don't use these forums.

Most people love flying, they loved it at level cap, and the pathfinder time gate isn't any kind of improvement. I fail to understand how making something fun so much harder to get and take so much longer to get is anything but pure stupid.

Now I'm just a former WoW player on the slow path to walking away from the game, possibly forever. The sad truth is pathfinder has sucked the fun from the game for me. Flying was my favorite achievement in WoW. Hitting max level and getting flight was extremely fun and rewarding.

I didn't want to quit WoW, I just wasn't having fun anymore waiting for my favorite game feature that was no longer available in a timely manner. I left a guild I liked, transferred leadership of that guild to a friend in the guild, and uninstalled WoW and other Blizzard games.

I don't feel I have a voice here. I don't think Blizzard listens, or really cares about my opinion or the opinion of others who feel the same way about flying. Their claims of caring about fun ring hollow to me, and I don't think they care about the players all that much. They do things how they want, and they expect us to just accept it, like it or not. I just choose not to accept it, and take my money and go elsewhere.
I have the rudimentary understanding that very very seldom does Blizzard every shift horses in the middle of the river or in this instance in the middle of an xpac without a major crises going on. Which I think everyone can probably count on one hand the times that in the middle of an xpac where they switch a major system out for another.

I have said this before if they are going to drop Pathfinder at this time it wont happen until 9.0.1 and probably would have to do with sub drops directly related to Pathfinder itself. Blizzard like many on this forum never probably takes the threat of people dropping their accounts and unsubbing seriously since we all know that Blizzard has real time count on just how healthy WoW's sub's are at any time they want to look.
Flight is like lfr, by the time its out anyone who actually cares will have done the content without it.

Honestly, I think implementing flying was a long term mistake as 3 dimensional gameplay has never worked, which means flying exists to just make the game easier.
I'm ready to fly. I've explored everything there is to explore, I got all the exploration achievements. I don't see a reason why I shouldn't be allowed to fly in current content now.
11/08/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Gabitha
I have the rudimentary understanding that very very seldom does Blizzard every shift horses in the middle of the river or in this instance in the middle of an xpac without a major crises going on. Which I think everyone can probably count on one hand the times that in the middle of an xpac where they switch a major system out for another.

I have said this before if they are going to drop Pathfinder at this time it wont happen until 9.0.1 and probably would have to do with sub drops directly related to Pathfinder itself. Blizzard like many on this forum never probably takes the threat of people dropping their accounts and unsubbing seriously since we all know that Blizzard has real time count on just how healthy WoW's sub's are at any time they want to look.

I do agree with that point. They won't change it in BFA. I'm not going to sit and be silent about it because if people don't speak up things will NEVER change.
It would take Blizzard a lot of work, and create probably a lot of zone lag, unless they broke the phasing of the zones up even smaller. But they could put mobs up in the sky, dangers that just like on ground that could stun and dismount, or somehow cause your mount to be forced to the ground for a period of time.

The added dangers would transform how everyone uses fight and sees fight currently as just the easy way to get around the maps to do things.

I don't mind Pathfinder, I just simply do it just like I do all other grinds and time gated things in the game and always have. Do I enjoy flying because it speeds up how I do things be that leveling alts because now days with Pathfinder it unlocks flight for them right at the start. Sure I do, it makes leveling them easy. It makes farming herbs easy or ore, or anything else for that matter. It makes doing world quest easy, which are honestly just the new world way of doing dailies.

Flying for me has always been only about making things easy and quick. And it both those things that Blizzard wants at least for the 1st 1/3rd and the last 3rd of the xpacs to not exist, which is a time gate. Which draws out content to its maximum extreme.
11/08/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Charity
The impact on gathering and on world PvP would be the biggest hindrance to flying being available at any point

I feel it's the opposite as far as pvp goes. I find the constant FP camping, a byproduct of no flying, to be the most obnoxious part of warmode and why I ultimately lost interest in Wpvp. It's basically "Flightpath pvp" with some pvp outside of that. But flying won't kill wpvp, it's not like wpvp died at the end of vanilla, it'll simply stop FP camping from being the predominant method of ganking.

Big fights breaking out at WQs are going to end up being more common and far more fair. Since a group of 20 at a WQs can be responded to easier when the other side can fly there on mounts. Instead of landing into a predefined kill zone that's under constant aoe or having to slowly group up and come in on ground mounts.
11/05/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Ohenzo
Such blatant disregard for customer satisfaction and experience would never 'fly' in
the real workplace world

... except when you goto get a actual flight license and they make you wait.
11/08/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Ryuk
If people are still making a big deal about then it's clearly still a big deal.

Actually, in a round about way, the person you are arguing with makes some sort of sense:

The AH messed up the economy a long time back. Part of it was flying related: more people farming means more people putting things on the AH thus driving down the prices is the poster you are arguing with point.

However, I remember back in BC that prices were starting to get crazy on things because everyone was trying to earn flying money . I was seeing things going for way more gold than they should have been.

But I bet it was somewhat the same during vanilla for people trying to get mount riding.

I do remember that it wasn't until LK that I decided to be more self reliant. So I started taking up as many profs as I could on certain characters. Others started the same thing but more for AH reasons. Thus all the inflation (I deflated someone's economy back then, but I stopped fighting that war a long time ago).

Oddly, even as a pro-flyer I see the logic.

But here's my Pathfinder point (cause while I don't like it, I don't ever see Blizzard changing it):

It's about variation. I could live with PF being in the game if Bliz tried something original each expac. I want to know what in game reasons (story line wise) of why we can't fly in those areas: each area.

Make it a questline for when we hit honored and give us enough rep to hit revered after completing the questline for each area since you insist on tying every single thing to rep lately.

/rant
11/08/2018 06:52 PMPosted by Twibiju
11/08/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Ryuk
If people are still making a big deal about then it's clearly still a big deal.

Actually, in a round about way, the person you are arguing with makes some sort of sense:

The AH messed up the economy a long time back. Part of it was flying related: more people farming means more people putting things on the AH thus driving down the prices is the poster you are arguing with point.

However, I remember back in BC that prices were starting to get crazy on things because everyone was trying to earn flying money . I was seeing things going for way more gold than they should have been.

But I bet it was somewhat the same during vanilla for people trying to get mount riding.

I do remember that it wasn't until LK that I decided to be more self reliant. So I started taking up as many profs as I could on certain characters. Others started the same thing but more for AH reasons. Thus all the inflation (I deflated someone's economy back then, but I stopped fighting that war a long time ago).

Oddly, even as a pro-flyer I see the logic.

But here's my Pathfinder point (cause while I don't like it, I don't ever see Blizzard changing it):

It's about variation. I could live with PF being in the game if Bliz tried something original each expac. I want to know what in game reasons (story line wise) of why we can't fly in those areas: each area.

Make it a questline for when we hit honored and give us enough rep to hit revered after completing the questline for each area since you insist on tying every single thing to rep lately.

/rant

If they made rep gains like that in quest there would be no reason to do WQ . They want you log in daily to get your reputation in small trickely
11/08/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Poisonberry
... except when you goto get a actual flight license and they make you wait.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit is it?
I hope we never get it...I'm enjoying all these cry moar of nothing threads it's amusing

#firstworldcrybabies
Blizzard has taken away as much as possible to extend the life of the content. They believe giving us longer slower means to grind/travel/complete content makes us stay subbed longer. That's also why their level boost costs so much. If we buy it, it's a win and if we don't and level up it's also a win for sub time. Has nothing to do with player experience at all. Don't let the NPCs that support no flying tell you otherwise.
Its a time gate that is going to stay for as long as Blizzard deems it useful and if they lose 100k more subs because of it they don't care.

So is the usefulness of pathfinder losing subs? lol
Because without flying it takes longer to get to destinations = more playtime. Activision likes to measure game success in terms of how long you stay playing as displayed in their quarterly report.
I'm boosting their new metric. Time not played.

Time played BfA - 2 weeks.

WoW uninstalled - over 2 months.

Sub time left - about 3 months.

Next Blizzard purchase while pathfinder remains a time gate - Never
11/07/2018 05:17 AMPosted by Illidonkey
ive never really understood why the people that are constantly begging for flying to be added into the expansion early are also the ones who do the least amount of content.

They'd probably do more of this so called "content" if they could fly. That might be a consideration, maybe just a little. Just saying ya know. It could be a contributing factor to the amount of content they feel like doing.

Semper Fi!