Flying: Why must we wait until 8.2?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 23 Next
11/05/2018 09:48 PMPosted by Charax
Pathfinder is a brilliant concept.

Pathfinder is a disgusting spit in the face by lazy, egocentric developers. Only slightly less infuriating are the vast, vast, vast minority which you and your ilk comprise who take some obscenely perverse pleasure in being able to deny-by-proxy something that the majority very much want, just because your minority desires happen to have lined up with the dev's own selfish ones.

Again, you claim to represent the majority but you have no proof and your gang dismisses a massive poll that indicates most players prefer no flying.

Anyways, current WoW has been degraded so much because of all the QoL things put into the game. I think it is nice that at least Blizzard stands up against something that they know is bad for gameplay.

Look, it’s not like we’re going to change each other’s minds and since we are three expansions into Pathfinder, these threads are just spam at this point. It’s in for 8.2. They are not moving it because of a few threads.

You can go to war for the next expansion but you’ll very likely get the same fate.
11/05/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Charax
It’s easy to justify that a flying mount would lose a lot of speed if forced to carry a bunch of monolite. Let’s not try to play the “realism card” because we can come up with a realistic explanation.

And I have never ran into a true WPvPer that actually wants flying. Like lol, WHAT?!

And a ground mount wouldn't lose speed carrying ore? ROFL. You're really not great at this whole thinking thing, are you?

And yes, as a rabid PvP player since the !@#$ing original beta of this game flying is still the coolest %^-* since sliced bread. If you think flying killed world PvP you're delusional, and if you couldn't find plenty of world PvP even with flying then you weren't looking very hard.
11/05/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Därkmist
Flying damages immersion.

L.O.L.

There is absolutely ZERO in game reason we can't fly, coupled with the dev mindset of "We don't want you to fly....because we don't want you to fly...…. because we said so." How is that even remotely immersive?

Since the devs/people are so worred about immersion being destroyed, then why hasn't stealth vanished? "Skipping content" via flying: not ok. Skipping content via stealthing past it: no problem.

Why are there a plethora of hearthstones, gear (rings, cloaks, tabards, trinkets), toys, profession items and portals, that allow you you to teleport across the map, the world or even to other planets? Think of all the content you're missing out on!!! :O

Flight paths: sit on a mount and afk while all the content whizzes past you, unable to interact with you or you with it. So immersive compared to being on a mount of YOUR choosing, going where YOU want to go, landing when and where YOU choose to for reasons YOU decide.

Flight whistle: skipping all that content to instantly appear at those super immersive flight paths?*gasp*

it was a mistake to add it to begin with

Yeah, the four expansions that we had it available at max level (BC, Wotlk, Cata, MoP) sure was a HUGE MASSIVE problem.... oh wait, that "problem" was of the devs making in WoD and continued in Legion as well as BfA. Flying was NEVER the issue it is now and has been since WoD until Blizzard decided to make it one.

Pathfinder is a compromise

Pathfinder is something the devs (eventually) begrudgingly decided upon due to the massive outrage and backlash THEY created by wanting to remove something that had become a staple feature.

While the time played metric was likely a factor in doing the pathfinder stuff (as well as the associated time gating) I also personally believe that, at least to some degree, the time gating was thrown in out of petty spite.

There is absolutely ZERO reason or excuse that Blizzard can't be creative, imaginative or innovative to incorporate content that complements flying.
Flying damages immersion. Devs said they don't want flying and it was a mistake to add it to begin with. Pathfinder is a compromise, be happy you'll be able to fly some day.

It's not a compromise, it's Blizzard trying to have it both ways. You get to funnel everyone across the ground for that theme park experience, which matters for most of us for...what? The first week or so? And then we wait for months or a year or more after that before we can actually move about freely and do what we want instead of being stuck on rails.

And the immersion thing is just ridiculous. There's nothing immersive about alt-tabbing out of the game every single time I hit a flight point, which is what happens starting at about day 2 of a new expansion. At least with flying I'm actually still playing when I'm traveling.
11/05/2018 08:57 PMPosted by Charax
Allowing flying does impact everyone as it makes anti-flyers less efficient relatively speaking.

One player flying and another traveling by ground mount have absolutely no impact on each other. At all. The open world is a non-competitive game play space. Quests don't disappear if you reach the quest giver second.
I can be just as arrogant and suggest that you play an expansion behind so you can get Pathfinder completed without waiting for a future patch. ;)

Well, that is exactly what I do. I simply don't even bother buying the newest expansion. By the time I get to that content, it has been added to the base game and Pathfinder can just be completed right off the bat. I also save around $50 or so each year. More if I take a break from wow.
11/05/2018 10:10 PMPosted by Torghen
Allowing flying does impact everyone as it makes anti-flyers less efficient relatively speaking.

One player flying and another traveling by ground mount have absolutely no impact on each other. At all. The open world is a non-competitive game play space. Quests don't disappear if you reach the quest giver second.

Preach it my dude these people are bird brains I wish I could give you a medal for top shelf logic.
11/05/2018 10:03 PMPosted by Graewyn
11/05/2018 09:51 PMPosted by Charax
I WPvP every day. Things are balanced on RP servers. Flying is a major negative for that experience.

Farming is also another differentiator. When I asked why people want flying, they said it would allow them to be more efficient at farming. Well, not really fair for you folks to get the benefit over us.

You actually expect me to believe that? I'm on several RP realms and there's no balance. If you're going to lie, at least come up with a believable one.

How is it fair that Druids can instantly mount up and farm herbs without having to dismount? How is it fair that certain races such as the Highmountain Tauren, get additional resources? Why aren't you complaining about things that actually give people an edge over others instead of trying to deny something we can all enjoy?

World PvP achievements: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/emerald-dream/hyperion/achievements/player-vs-player/world

Bounty Hunting: Killed 10...probably at 15.

HK’s by zone:

Tiragarde: > 1,000
Nazmir: 457
Zuldazar: 489
Vol’Dun: 535
Stormsong Valley: 396
Drustvar: 958

And, of course, Horde Slayer title.

And, of course, we have a lot of passionate Alliance guilds waging war against the Horde: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769588332?page=10#post-199

WPvP is very healthy, at least on RP realms.
11/05/2018 10:06 PMPosted by Crackbunny
11/05/2018 10:00 PMPosted by Charax
It’s easy to justify that a flying mount would lose a lot of speed if forced to carry a bunch of monolite. Let’s not try to play the “realism card” because we can come up with a realistic explanation.

And I have never ran into a true WPvPer that actually wants flying. Like lol, WHAT?!

And a ground mount wouldn't lose speed carrying ore? ROFL. You're really not great at this whole thinking thing, are you?

And yes, as a rabid PvP player since the !@#$ing original beta of this game flying is still the coolest %^-* since sliced bread. If you think flying killed world PvP you're delusional, and if you couldn't find plenty of world PvP even with flying then you weren't looking very hard.

A mount can have a wheeled cart attached, while a flying mount cannot. See? I just justified why a flying amount would be slower than a ground mount, so spare me that it’s not reasonable.

Given my HK count (probably over 500,000 HKs over all my toons, I have found plenty of WPvP across all expansions and Vanilla. It’s just much better without flying for obvious reasons.

What happened to your account, Mr Beta Vanilla?
Flying damages immersion. Devs said they don't want flying and it was a mistake to add it to begin with. Pathfinder is a compromise, be happy you'll be able to fly some day.

This is the sole reason for it, the devs said they dont want it, stuff what the customer wants, the only reason we have it now is because of the backlash from when they tried to remove it, but we have it on their terms, like a child that stamps their feet (not us them).

It's great you want to feel "immersed", but I'll tell you it breaks up alot of the tedium, and i'd bet if they opened it up like they used to you'd see a big decline in the "bored and tedious" posts.

There's only so much "immersion" one person can handle, and I dont know about you but I explore much more flying than not.

Oh no they couldn't possibly be tied together because we blizzard know what the customer wants.

So, if I can only bring 30% of the resources to market relative to a flyer and then have to compete against richer players for items on the AH etc, you don’t see the issue? Interesting.

So, what’s wrong with my Proposal then if you believe this is a non-competitive game? You should jump all over that, right?

11/05/2018 10:14 PMPosted by Bromshow
Preach it my dude these people are bird brains I wish I could give you a medal for top shelf logic.

No need for name calling. Since you think you have top shelf logic, why don’t you handle the reply for this one?

Heh.
In 8.2, each character that have completed pathfinder part 1 to 4, will get a unique key by mail that will need to be decrypted in order to be able to fly.

Here is an example of a key : y_4gb9_36nm96.r7sqpq7894mu4.V01Vk05l04P01Q04UhR08lkO05hmT02b01h05TW01k01Sbb06
11/05/2018 08:21 PMPosted by Sonagen
11/05/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Ohenzo
Besides, by the the time flying is released the new content will likely be "no fly" anyways.

Such blatant disregard for customer satisfaction and experience would never 'fly' in
the real workplace world. And the hubris demonstrated by developers who seem to not care in the least what their community thinks astounds me.

Except the vast majority of players did vote and respond in favor of no flying at all. It should have been removed from all zones and content but a small vocal few have ruined it for all of us.

Ah yes the 5 millions people who walked away were the ''small vocal few'' im sorry mister, we should have to conform to your idea of fun and damn everybody else. After all this isnt a game we play to have fun in, no no no. Its a game to play to gratify and suck the devs *##%*#!*
11/05/2018 09:16 PMPosted by Charax
11/05/2018 09:11 PMPosted by Truthspeaker
what makes you think the folks who prefer flying are a minority, vocal or otherwise? It seems the mass unsubbing when it was announced that there'd be no flying in WoD indicates the opposite.

Oh, I must have missed the report that stated X number of players unsubbed because of flying. Are you going to invent facts now for your argument?

Lol. You mean like you do? Is that what they're telling you to say?

$0.02 has been added to your bnet balance.

People who accuse other people of doing exactly what they're quite obviously doing themselves in order to deflect attention from their own agendas...
11/05/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Charax
A mount can have a wheeled cart attached, while a flying mount cannot. See? I just justified why a flying amount would be slower than a ground mount, so spare me that it’s not reasonable.

And a flying mount can't have an air balloon cart in tow? But regardless, the point was never that it's "more realistic", the point was that in this game the way flying exists it is inherent to flying that it is more efficient. You're faster when you fly and less inhibited by terrain, which naturally leads to more efficient farming. Nothing special was given to flying beyond it being what it is.
Because blizzard
11/05/2018 10:21 PMPosted by Charax
No need for name calling. Since you think you have top shelf logic, why don’t you handle the reply for this one?

Heh.

Certainly. Aside from the fact your taking a great point and clawing to come up with any counter argument no matter how weak, its simple.

You have a tradeoff between MUH IMMERSION and profit.

If you want to take the supposedly "scenic" route youre simply not going to make as much and thats on you. Otherwise its knuckle down, hop in the ferrari mount and get to digital work.

Keep in mind that your basing this around your false premise that you cant enjoy immersion or artwork in a game with flying in it. this simply isnt true reference my last post.

My pleasure
I like flying. But just consider this.

Herbalism remains as the singlemost profitable profession in ratio to having to use the least amount of brains. Prices have plummeted since.

With flying bringing about further ease... how much lower can prices go i wonder.

So, if I can only bring 30% of the resources to market relative to a flyer and then have to compete against richer players for items on the AH etc, you don’t see the issue? Interesting.

It's your choice to gimp yourself. No one is under any obligation to break the game in order to keep normal people from earning more gold than those who have gone out of their way to minimize the gold they earn.
So, what’s wrong with my Proposal then if you believe this is a non-competitive game? You should jump all over that, right?

Your proposal is rejected because it trades something that shouldn't be held hostage in the first place. It's like you're stealing someone's bike and then selling it back to them. "You can fly in current content but only if people riding ground mounts arbitrarily get a boost to resource collection such that ground mounts are more efficient for literally no reason." How about no. How about I get to fly in current content because it's what the players want and it's what's good for the game and you can deal with collecting a few less herbs per hour relatively speaking if you want to experience the game from the ground exclusively?