Raider.io Needs to change or go.

General Discussion
11/05/2018 07:37 PMPosted by Balefor
11/05/2018 07:34 PMPosted by Searik
It was made as a filter to increase the probability of chance of success.

Its a reflection of completions not anything else. I could buy a 10 mythic runs and get a great score, and that would not show you a thing about my skill other then I complete them

Its completely broken.

That is extremely easy to spot if you look at the history, which every competent group leader will do.
11/05/2018 06:53 PMPosted by Thebian
The funniest part of Raider.IO is using the addon in-game, seeing a M+ group that only wants 660+, and seeing that the player running the group has a 480. You ain't fooling anyone.

Eh. It's their group and their key to risk. At best they're an alt of someone who knows what they're doing, and at worst they're doing due diligence making sure at least the filler isn't the weakest link.

11/05/2018 07:21 PMPosted by Adelphie
I think it's fine for people who want to go in and push for high keys.

I don't think it works well for people just looking for their 1 +10 for the week and don't really care about making time, just finishing.

I'm not really sure what a solution would be though.

That's pretty much me. Solution is guildies, mainly.
11/05/2018 07:42 PMPosted by Eks
11/05/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Voidarcane

Even better is we aren't obligated or forced to take players we feel won't help the team beat the timer from their past performances. :D

This era of self entitlement is something that has really been rubbing me the wrong way.. I generally build groups for my own key a lot more often than I join groups.

I've had people literally explode on me because I didn't invite them and I've had people demand that I take them. These people message me, when I haven't even denied them.. they just sat on the list and expected an invite.

I've had more toxic experiences with this than I actually have with my group being toxic to each other, so logically why would I go about forming my groups any other way?

All of these threads about raider.IO are about someone's personal experience and personal experiences do not speak for everyone.

Exactly, I rarely pug keys once i get the set up on my characters unless im camping or unable to do my weekly keystone they I tag along, usually on a friends key to get my key back for the next weeks chest.

So many times I've also had people explode on me like they did to you. Though I always make sure I check their designated main and alts they have listed before rendering my decision because I'm an altaholic so I don't just base my choice on 1 character's score. Sometimes I have to decline a player because I already have 2 melee dps and need a range or vice versa.

Raider.io is a useful tool when used right, people looking for 1k scores for a +3 are just jerks/morons but once you get to +6 or higher its really useful for finding out the skill level of players. Sure they could get carries but you can see a history of keys they completed.
11/05/2018 07:48 PMPosted by Sevaryn
11/05/2018 06:53 PMPosted by Thebian
The funniest part of Raider.IO is using the addon in-game, seeing a M+ group that only wants 660+, and seeing that the player running the group has a 480. You ain't fooling anyone.

Eh. It's their group and their key to risk. At best they're an alt of someone who knows what they're doing, and at worst they're doing due diligence making sure at least the filler isn't the weakest link.

I think it's fine for people who want to go in and push for high keys.

I don't think it works well for people just looking for their 1 +10 for the week and don't really care about making time, just finishing.

I'm not really sure what a solution would be though.

That's pretty much me. Solution is guildies, mainly.

Also dont forget to check peoples alts the list, that player may have a 480 score but their main or alt may be a 700. One thing I wish people did more was check alt/main scores when pugging like I do if a alt/main is listed in message or on raider.io.
An easy fix for this would be the Proving grounds, you only have yourself to rely on for those.
11/05/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Sistikk
An easy fix for this would be the Proving grounds, you only have yourself to rely on for those.

Once you get late into an expansion like with the brawlers guild they become stupidly easy to complete gold and endless.
Unfortunately the majority of the playerbase is generally inept.

Raider.io stays.
11/05/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Rotcocky
So posted a fourm up a few weeks back and said i wanted blizzard to increase size of leadership boards to allow raider i.o. a bigger pool of info so more keys count and then also posted the question in the Q and A!!!! well it got asked and there answer was better then anything i could have hoped for..... there going to make your dungeon progress now show up in the ARMORY!!!! that means all your keys will now count and your score is more of a true comparison with your skill then what it is right now!!! thank your blizzard for you have done everyone a great service and now your score is your own responsibility and you cant pretend its not!!!!

Oh sweet, that solves the only real problem I had with raider.io.
I understand why it exists. I really do, however I'm equally surprised why there is no community push by people with low IO scores to just do M+ together.

Because they wanna get carried, plain and simple.
11/05/2018 06:43 PMPosted by Badz
Again, this is because they can just leave keys that go bad and inflate their score until they get a group that holds it together.

this keeps popping up and makes it pretty obvious you have no idea how IO works.
11/05/2018 06:26 PMPosted by House
I heard it's moving to Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas!!!!
11/05/2018 06:22 PMPosted by Badz
I just had a group I joined on my alt. Just trying to get my weekly done. I play my alt for one boss in mythic so it gets even less playtime than my main. I raid, I do my weeklys, and I go do other things.

This addon....is the personification of cancer.

Lets rewind the clock. Towards the beginning of Nighthold I was playing my druid tanking for my mythic raid for the last three bosses. Getting my weekly done was a breeze as a Guardian tank with the ilevel I was at. I quit playing after Guldan was dead. I come back several months later, and this cancerous addon has spread like a tumor to every M+ pug group listed. What was I supposed to do? Apparently none of my old runs were counted on my "IO score". I basically solely relied on guild runs because despite having ran dungeons for months beforehand on top of clearing mythic content when it was relevant was now....all irrelevant.

Today, I'm running King's Rest - this group required some arbitrary RaiderIO benchmark 1k/1.1k etc (some crap like that) so I had to basically sell myself on my alt as a 7/8 mythic raider looking to get my weekly done blah blah blah. Turns out the players still didn't know how to dispell the fear adds at the beginning of the instance, the tank face pulled too many mobs, the healer was inept, the ghuun spawns bugged etc. - standard pug problems. However, I don't let it get me down I continue on with the key for my weekly. After a wipe the tank says "we should just quit now", the healer responds "ya gg". Then they all leave the group one after the other.

This type of attitude is the cancer I mentioned earlier. Apparently, this god forsaken addon doesn't count keys that a player leaves before completion. This obviously encourages players who want to reliably pug to LEAVE keys if they believe they won't be timed. This also simultaneously removes all legitimacy from this addon to be some type of measuring stick. If I cared to invest the time knowing how the system works now - I could easily game it. However, I'd rather just pug groups knowing some might not be as smooth as others, and I'd rather not have an addon/system in game encouraging pugs to leave and downgrade a 10 key to a 9 to artificially and falsely maintain their arbitrary M+ score.

I'd love to know what the official Blizzard stance/response is about this addon. Specifically, on how it motivates players to leave a key in progress. If the addon can't make the changes necessary so that it accurately represents information - then blizzard should get rid of it imo. I've had countless people leave keys this expansion, and now I have the context as to why.

Problem is, if you met the raider.io specification this post wouldn't exist, you wouldn't care about others that are going through what you're going through. You'd just give the advice "git gud scrub".
11/05/2018 07:17 PMPosted by Rotcocky
So for all who dont know how raider i.o.

Every time I see a post start like this I just want to throw my chair out the window.

If you can't carry pugs, you suck at this game--period.

the problem there is most people not getting into groups for a +10 cant push their own +9. if they could, they would have the io score needed to get into the groups in the first place.
11/05/2018 08:12 PMPosted by Seelnay
11/05/2018 07:17 PMPosted by Rotcocky
So for all who dont know how raider i.o.

Every time I see a post start like this I just want to throw my chair out the window.

wait, I know I can, but why would I want to carry pugs?

When I carry it's gonna be a guildie or someone I might actually see again later
LOL i can and do carry pugs..... it is how i mainly make money!!!!!! now quit complaining and pay me
Just ignore it and don't pug M+ I suppose. I know that isn't much help, but cancer like this is always going to be present in one form or another. First it was gear score, now IOscore or whatever it is.
11/05/2018 08:12 PMPosted by Seelnay

I speak as someone who does low carries more than higher affixes. Carrying is a volunteer job, not a duty.

The unwarranted self-importance bin is that way ---->
I’m curious, how did Gearscore die?
gearscore died with titan forging