You are in combat

General Discussion
Just confirmed that this is at least part of the issue.
Was stuck in combat after killing one enemy. couldnt mount, kept telling me "You are in Combat"
I walked over to the corpse and looted and immediately could mount again.

This has happened MANY times. At points Ive been stuck in combat for some time. I have back tracked a few times to loot bodies I left behind and the same thing has happened. As soon as I loot what I killed I can mount up.

This time there was only one opponent and I hadnt walked away from the corpse so it was much more clear that it was actually what had me trapped in combat.

Just some FYI.
What is even better is when the corpse is under the ground and you can't loot it.
11/06/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Orctang
What is even better is when the corpse is under the ground and you can't loot it.
:-D
yeah...theres always that.
So you were in combat with the economy?
You killed it before the system could even register the death. Quit being such a bad a$$ and saver your kills ya overpowered GOD!

<hugs> <wish I knew what cause the bug myself, but it does help to keep me on a rogue>
Just got this girl to 120. It gave me an interesting chance to compare leveling a priest in two different ways/times.

I found it absolutely remarkable how much I missed shadowmeld with her. Maybe.. 25% because I couldn't easily shrug mobs.. and 75% because of the in-combat bug.

Also, wow did it remind me of the longer leash lengths - and the "never actually leashes" bug.
OP here...trying to change characters to see if I can post. Really having trouble posting under different characters anymore.

edit...guess it works but I had to log out and back in to do it. tons-0-bugs.
wait till you have to either / reload ai or f out. cause it refuse to let you mount up 10 minutes later. All freaking week.
11/06/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Margirita
You killed it before the system could even register the death. Quit being such a bad a$$ and saver your kills ya overpowered GOD!

<hugs> <wish I knew what cause the bug myself, but it does help to keep me on a rogue>

is that what causes it?
I havent spent much time trying to really figure out if there are any constants. Not probably worth the energy since I figure they wont fix it anyway.
I used paralysis on a mob that put me in combat and ran from it. Expecting that eventually I would end up breaking combat once I got far enough away.

Nope.

I legit ran from the WQ I was at and had to hoof it on foot to the closest town which actually took a little bit. Once there I noticed I was out of combat, but when I went to use the flight master it said that I couldn't use the taxi service as I was still busy. I couldn't mount cause it said I was in combat but I was clearly out of combat and miles from the mob in which I CC'd earlier.

Luckily I had my hearth up but still was annoying I had to use it just to break the bug.
I've had several instances where I was stuck in combat and it turned out that one, or more of the corpses on the ground were still alive and had to be rekilled. Noticed most of all in Nazmir.