Raiderio is a non issue

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
11/07/2018 01:43 PMPosted by Guzim
quick thing about that crap, last expansion in legion im trying to get into +12 on ALT that I know will demolish it and the dude declines, but he was guildy I just wasent in the guild with the alt, so I reapply and say invite me and I say who I em.. so he does and says reason he didn't in 1st place was because of the IO, needles to say I destroyed the DPS charts and mechanics, while everyone else had good io I presume …

So group leaders are supposed to be physic? I would take yhe higer score / geared player 100% of the time cause there is less chance of the being terrible then a low geared or no io score person.

There is a reason they allow mains to be shown in game when signing up on alt.
I understand people get upset when denied group invite.

If i have a +4 and I create a group and I get 20 sign ups im taking the highest ilvl and or highest io score.

There is zero reason to bring a complete stranger to my group who has low gear or low experience over some one who has proved the self.

Fine have it your way raider.io is removed from the interwebz.

We will just go back to where you will see LFM +9 will armory.

See the thing is raider.io is a huge QL for people who lead groups. If we get rid of it then people focus on your ilvl and past achievements, which makes it harder on leaders wasting more time vetting players and alienating brand new players.

Raider.io gives you a fresh start every season, its up to you how others view your character.

Stop putting the blame one others and accept responsibility for yourself.

Also people get denied on more than ilvl and io score, no one wants 3 casters on quaking week, or 3 melee on skittish or sanguine. Maybe leader wants a brez or a frost mage for kiting necrotic. You have no idea why you’re denied from groups in majority of situations, just looking for a quick easy scape goat as to why people wont invite you.

People who suffer the ill effects of piss-poor game design are not to blame for devs' lazy choices. While raider.io is an important tool for competitive players who want to put together successful groups, that doesn't excuse you for coming to the forums to flaunt your own personality flaws as though they were virtues.
So group leaders are supposed to be physic?

Calculus is required.
11/07/2018 01:43 PMPosted by Xecks
people will just use other tools or quit due to lack of being able to vet other players and see if they are experienced at the content they are applying to join.

Or do what we did before you had gearscore/raider.io/flavor of the week: get a guild of people you like running with and run with them. It works pretty nicely, and I don't have to worry about them being complete hacks.
i do want to say , my io score is low. i dont do much pugging and when i do i get declined quite a few times till someone takes me.

but i still dont care about people using a tool to see if they want me in a dungeon group.

i aint mad.
11/07/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Jelybeantoes
So group leaders are supposed to be physic?

Calculus is required.

Seems derivative and doesn't integrate so we'll just have to take the piecewise linear approximation in an infinite series.
Am I the only one who uses Raiderio to view a person's highest completed dungeon of my key instead of using the overall score? Like I'd gladly take a 500io player if they are the right class that I want for my dungeon if they've already done it on the key's difficulty on time.
11/07/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Jessail
11/07/2018 01:43 PMPosted by Xecks
people will just use other tools or quit due to lack of being able to vet other players and see if they are experienced at the content they are applying to join.

Or do what we did before you had gearscore/raider.io/flavor of the week: get a guild of people you like running with and run with them. It works pretty nicely, and I don't have to worry about them being complete hacks.
ya but i have a strong feeling that people would just see it as the straw that broke the camels back.

i happen to run with the guild alot so bleh.
11/07/2018 01:41 PMPosted by Tinybitty
But Raider.io is an issue.

My main has completed a few 8-10 dungeons as healer, I take whatever key I have or whatever my guild is offering. I also raid at 8/8 Heroic and am sitting at 373.5 iLVL.

But my raider score is 617 only since I still have a few low keys, I don't push past 10 since the iLVL drop does not increase and I don't care to push hard just for a good time, I aim to finish on time only.

But there are those out there who try dodgy stuff to get a better time:
    Throwing down some AOE before starting the key
    Spawning the first boss than starting the key
    Skipping some content to only kill the easy mobs - Warlock gate, DH double jump / double seat mount

And there are probably many others so you can save enough time to get another key level, a higher score, make yourself look better than the average person who just takes one mob as they are.

Players will manipulate the game to get a better time since this is all that matters and all that is scored on, there is no score based on your DPS, HPS, damage taken, dispels, or anything that actually matters and shows how good you can play.

Saying Raider.io is not an issue just means YOU have no issues in getting groups and don't know what the fuss is about.

Who would you take if someone who has a 380 iLVL and a score of 200 only for a +10 but there was someone with a 370 iLVL and a score of 1200?

You dont push past so you dont care. People that do push past literally only have raider.io as a measurement for fun or something to chase. So either they make it so that 15+ rewards better gear (which 99% of the population of the game wont be able to complete let alone time) or they keep it the way it is so that anything more than a 10 is just an a personal skill rating. Skipping trash in intelligent ways isn't dodgy either lol. If you have an issue with Raider.io chances are you are either bad or haven't put in the time to learn the dungeons like some of us who are pushing higher keys have.
You know, if it was something like a +8 or higher key, I'd probably agree with you, if you wanna fine tune your group for hard content, do what you want.

But seriously? +4's? That just seems like elitism at it's core.
11/07/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Fendris
Am I the only one who uses Raiderio to view a person's highest completed dungeon of my key instead of using the overall score? Like I'd gladly take a 500io player if they are the right class that I want for my dungeon if they've already done it on the key's difficulty on time.

Honestly I think this is best use of raider.io, you probably want to see if they've done those affixes before too... but it's not critical if they haven't in all cases. Life is a risk, things happen, be willing to take risks on people.
11/07/2018 01:41 PMPosted by Tinybitty
But there are those out there who try dodgy stuff to get a better time:
Throwing down some AOE before starting the key
Spawning the first boss than starting the key
Skipping some content to only kill the easy mobs - Warlock gate, DH double jump / double seat mount

And there are probably many others so you can save enough time to get another key level, a higher score, make yourself look better than the average person who just takes one mob as they are.

I don't understand, m+ has mob count. Killing any mobs beyond what is necessary for mob count is rather pointless, so your path should optimize for that goal (meeting mob count requirement, but not going significantly over it). In what sense is this 'dodgy'? It's doing the content as intended.
Any tool can be abused.

I just chose to never use the thing and if someone ever asks me what my score is, I'll just tell them "I don't know, I don't use it." They don't want to take me? Fine. Plenty of folks in my guild who are happy to help me run Mythics.

Gearscore came and went... so will raider.io
<span class="truncated">...</span>then they need to make their own groups and push their own keys. that way they can let people in like them and see if they can finish in time. odds are though they wont.

Was waiting for this response, glad I didn't have to wait long.

If someone's getting rejected constantly for not having some big advantage going for them (high ilvl, high score, tank/healer friends already there) what makes you think they're going to have luck filling up a group?

That's weird, Ive managed to get my key from +2 to +10 and do my +10 multiple weeks starting my own group, from scratch with no friends helping me, and I've never had a problem filing a group up, whether I tank or dps. Strangely enough I kept depleting around the +4 Mark, because ilvl isn't a good metric on ability to complete m+ until I started using raider io. Raider io really highlights people with lower ilvl being better at m+ then people with higher ilvl. This "big advantage" your talking about must be youself not being bad.

My main has completed a few 8-10 dungeons as healer, I take whatever key I have or whatever my guild is offering. I also raid at 8/8 Heroic and am sitting at 373.5 iLVL.

Probably why you are posting on a lvl 4 right?
honestly , people need to pull themselves up by the boot straps.

get in a guild that will take you to mythic + .

run your own keys.

do something besides expecting people to help you .
11/07/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Xecks
honestly , people need to pull themselves up by the boot straps.

get in a guild that will take you to mythic + .

run your own keys.

do something besides expecting people to help you .

That’s the problem the majority of people that don’t like raider that I/O want to be carried in what rewards for doing the least amount of work possible they don’t want to put forth any effort. If they did they would be on the game grinding it out not on the forums complaining.
11/07/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Tadkins
11/07/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Xecks
...then they need to make their own groups and push their own keys. that way they can let people in like them and see if they can finish in time. odds are though they wont.

If someone's getting rejected constantly for not having some big advantage going for them (high ilvl, high score, tank/healer friends already there) what makes you think they're going to have luck filling up a group?

that is their problem, not the leader of other groups.
I have 6 alts that are all roughly ilvl 350. I have no problem capping a 4(355 azerite cutoff) on all of them every week. My most played alt has only 297io score. Make a group if you are having trouble joining one, its not even remotely hard. I dont like raider io either, but it does exist and you need to adapt to it. Gear score didn't go away, it was added to the game proper. The same thing will happen here with raider io if blizzard doesn't destroy itself first. This is the jungle you live in now. Adapt or be eaten.
11/07/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Easysalt

Hard to be symapthethic when the tools and opportunities ecist to improve. The thing about raider.io everyone haa the same opportunity, everyone starts at Zero scor, its up to you whether you care about getying groups or not. Put in the work get groups. Be lazy and instead of improving, complain about a system keeping you down and get no wher. The choice is yours, you control your destiny.

This is not exactly true. While there are tools to help people learn the dungeons (videos etc.), the opportunities are not there. People are screening for low level keys, wanting people with high IO scores over everyone else. This makes it quite impossible for people to actually participate and improve their play.
11/07/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Tadkins
11/07/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Xecks
...then they need to make their own groups and push their own keys. that way they can let people in like them and see if they can finish in time. odds are though they wont.

So what is your answer? Should group makers be forced to take people they don't want to take? What portion of the group maker's free time is a random applicant entitled to have?