I want a SEXY character!

General Discussion
11/08/2018 12:34 AMPosted by Snowfox
I don't know why Blizzard doesn't make more skimpy armor.

It would take up less space when compressed into their data files.

This is sound logic.
Where are my male $lutmog options?
11/08/2018 12:29 AMPosted by Lockedheart
FF14 is that way
/points to eorzea

What?..

"Heir's Ear"?
Why be sexy when you can be ugly

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm too sexy for my shirt
Too sexy for my shirt
So sexy it hurts
i need to be moar skimpy!!
11/07/2018 10:38 PMPosted by Sevaira
More revealing mogs for everyone!
Ever since which ever of WoW's employees it was in Cata that had their daughter ask them "why are the dragon aspects wearing bikinis?" Blizzard has been covering up various lore characters (See: Sylvanas) and we've been getting less skimpy gear.

Ripperino skimpy gear. You got the "think of the children" approach. You will be missed.
11/08/2018 01:24 AMPosted by Màteus
Where are my male $lutmog options?

Hello~
There are always a few issues i think with this.

First i think is the look of the world, they want a more traditional fantasy look to the armor. Which for heavy armor should look heavy and covered.

Bikini armor is a joke for good reason, But its funny that we so little magic shields in things like this.
If you have good story setting for it, it can work well.
Wearing less armor can look cool, if done well. And that cool can be sexy. So many games fail at this, and people defend bad games doing it that good games tend to shy away from it.

But the second i think is important as well, the way armor is done in this game is really basic. If you look at the armor in FF14 as it has been in the thread already, the armor they have on characters is way ahead of wow. They can have quite advanced designs, when WoW can barely put in stitch lines.
You could not even do like a roman centurion like armor in wow without changing up up skirts and robes work entirely. Something that in FF14 they could have one of there artists have done by the end of the day.

In the end, i think skimpy armor is fine when done right, But its been done wrong so much that its hard to do a good baseline for it. And that WoW is getting old. They can make it look great, but the character models need a huge update for armor that i am not sure blizzard can do without cranking out a new WOW.
11/08/2018 02:09 AMPosted by Sharaeline
First i think is the look of the world, they want a more traditional fantasy look to the armor. Which for heavy armor should look heavy and covered.

A lot of early fantasy novels had much more revealing "armor" looks on the cover art than anything WoW has ever had - look up Frank Frazetta, for instance.

(But yes, I'd rather see it done well.)
I love how people whip out the "Realistically it doesn't make sense" form of logic when it comes to skimpy armor...

But when I say I want a muscular female option to wield my two handed sword and there's no way the skinny base model could lift it, much less wield it, suddenly that "Realistically it doesn't make sense" talk goes right out the window and mutates into "It's just a video game, man!"

So which is it?
11/07/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Zubdub
Well, sexier, I want some transmog options.

I think I mog tastefully. I'm not going for as skimpy as possible, but I like to see some skin. The trouble is all of the "liberally" cut pieces are 10+ years old. They look terrible with newer gear, and frankly the options are very limited. Sure, there are a few newer pieces but they can be counted on one hand (and they all seems to be leather).

Give us some more variety. Prude soccer moms be damned.

Yes, I play female characters. But add some banana hammocks and male tanks for balance.

Thanks for reading.

Just accept that the old gear is better. If the low-res is a problem, use all low-res pieces. It looks surprisingly good.
11/08/2018 07:47 AMPosted by Irime
11/08/2018 02:09 AMPosted by Sharaeline

A lot of early fantasy novels had much more revealing "armor" looks on the cover art than anything WoW has ever had - look up Frank Frazetta, for instance.

(But yes, I'd rather see it done well.)
Hell, WoW loading screen characters often show a lot more skin than possible in game.