Need more Class independence like Legion

General Discussion
I really, really miss my artifact weapon. I dont really need to go into that because ive said it 400 times.

I also miss class specific quests and class mounts.
I miss class halls.

All of this stuff was good content. GREAT content, something to do and something to work on that was worth it.

Doing stuff to unlock artifact appearances across my main and alts always had me doing something besides raiding and mythic +. I actually ran out of time many many weeks because I was trying to do so much.

Now I log into my war dk and dh, do weekly stuff and maybe the daily if its for something I need. I usually want to raid but the raid armor is ugly and theres really little incentive to do so. Theres really no new mogs im dying for.

I just think you guys dropped the ball. I know wow tries to reinvent the wheel every expansion but enough is enough. You guys are getting rid of content and balance that is better than it was previously. Stop removing things that work, and stop adding things that you dont know how to control, balance or ship correctly.

I hate knocking developers because I know they work damn hard, but at the same time your work philosophy is borderline terrible. To make working systems and scrap them 2 years later for stuff a community really finds no joy in... is stupid.
It made sense in Legion because the factions where mostly dealing with fighting Legion invasions within out lands outside of The Broken Isles, so we were the force used to fight them there. In BFA the faction is united in a their war efforts (even if you disapprove of your leadership), so we are not working independently this time.

You complaint really is not that we need order halls back but you would like to see a return of some of the class content, you don't need an order hall for a mage tower to exist.
I think they should have kept the artifact weapons. I don’t know why the would develop such an elaborate system for acquiring and upgrading it to only to scrap it in the next expansion.
11/08/2018 05:36 AMPosted by Stompypotato
I think they should have kept the artifact weapons. I don’t know why the would develop such an elabote system for acquiring and upgrading it to only to scrap it in the next expansion.

I agree we could have just drained them requiring us to need to re-empower them. It would have made so much more sense .. plus I got spoiled grinding for weapons drops sucks now.
Agree, getting rid of Artifacts and Class Order Hall was a mistake.
11/08/2018 05:34 AMPosted by Caelin
It made sense in Legion because the factions where mostly dealing with fighting Legion invasions within out lands outside of The Broken Isles, so we were the force used to fight them there. In BFA the faction is united in a their war efforts (even if you disapprove of your leadership), so we are not working independently this time.

You complaint really is not that we need order halls back but you would like to see a return of some of the class content, you don't need an order hall for a mage tower to exist.

I am currently leveling through legion with this toon and I have to say, I am with OP. You are right about the faction polarization for the war effort but overall, I really miss the Legion model. It seems like everywhere you went/go, there is a new branch-off from the story you're working on. Just doesn't have the Hamster Wheel feeling that BfA has.

HoA is pretty seriously limp in comparison to Artifact weapons. Just feel like a lot of really fun stuff got taken away for no good reason to be replaced with... mehhh.
(can you say. "Mage Tower" vs. "Island Expeditions"?)

/shruggg

I'm not saying we need class halls back, you're correct.

however creation of the class hall happened and I dont think it should of went away. I'm ok with it being gone due to story but the rest should of stayed. even then I do wish we had the hall still.... I loved standing there judging my fellow classes mogs. I loved being around 40 other do and being able to get instant dk info right then and there without having to go to discord.

yes discord is on my other monitor but it felt damn good to have an actual community again.

I think it's possible with BFA still and COULD be super cool if they really put the work into it. No, there obviously wouldn't be cross faction class halls, but class halls relating to their contributions to the war effort could be super cool I think.

Or even combine a few class halls and the class halls would be more about what role they play in the war. Maybe anyone who can be a healer could be focused on the overall healing and well being of the forces. Rogues and druids could be going onto some stealth or reconnaissance type missions. Idk stuff like. Hybrids could choose a path they would like to see (healing, stealth, siege type attacks). Could all come together for one massive horde vs. alliance or alliance vs. horde siege scenario (or... ya know... like our upcoming raid!?!)

I'm not super creative, so it could probably be done better than what I said, but I think it's potentially as close to class halls as we can get.
I miss the artifact too. I even miss the class quests and whatnot even though they were annoying at times.

But the artifact skins... those were such a huge motivator for me and kept me going for a lot of the expansion. The weapon drops I have seen this expansion don't make up for them either, they don't even come close.

They created a goal for M+: get a 15 done. Created a goal for gearing: get your legendaries and get the mage tower done. Want a pvp skin? Get out there and do some pvp. You could even work on different specs if you liked the weapons for them (I didn't, the only hunter one I liked was MM, but I did get my druid MT at the last moment and I don't even play druid).

Even balance of power was a time filler when you were bored and got you going to do quests and earlier raids.
11/08/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Leshe
11/08/2018 05:36 AMPosted by Stompypotato
I think they should have kept the artifact weapons. I don’t know why the would develop such an elabote system for acquiring and upgrading it to only to scrap it in the next expansion.

I agree we could have just drained them requiring us to need to re-empower them. It would have made so much more sense .. plus I got spoiled grinding for weapons drops sucks now.

All of this. They spent so much time on the Order Halls and building class fantasy and lore for each of the Artifact weapons.

Ridiculous they ended up in our banks at this point. Why couldn't we be re-empowering them with Azerite instead of the lame system we got?
I don't care if I have the weapon but I do want to enjoy my class again. I want my skills back I want choices I do not want a 4-5 boring rotation.

And give me life tap back, I'm a fricken warlock, not a mage.
11/08/2018 06:13 AMPosted by Jellarie
I don't care if I have the weapon but I do want to enjoy my class again. I want my skills back I want choices I do not want a 4-5 boring rotation.

And give me life tap back, I'm a fricken warlock, not a mage.

I honestly hate warlock this expansion and I went in thinking I was going to main Lock/Druid/Monk in bfa.

I only really play DH and War now because they are the only two that dont feel insanely slow and underpowered imo.
I also play DK but only because its my old main and I have trouble letting go of it, but I do truly hate how frost and unholy feel. Blood will always be op.

edit- I lied, I also enjoy survival hunter but I dont like the other 2 specs so I dont play it
I just hate how every expansion we're getting new Garrisons making the old ones obsolete. I don't care about the 7th Legion missions because I know next expansion they won't matter. It doesn't matter if I upgrade my followers or level them up, I'll never think about them again next expansion.

When you get to BI Dalaran the first time so much emphasis is placed on your Class Hall but you'll forget about it as soon as you're in KT/ZD. What's the point?

I guess it's more frustrating because Blizzard is obsessed with streamlining everything. Class Halls made the Garrison system somewhat interesting with really good flavor, but this system in BFA is just Garrisons but even more generic.
ya no. less "class fantasy" that ion loves and more freedom. 2h frost. 1h fury. glad spec. gear that makes sense. a hunter melee class thats not a bad hybrid win one melee swing. blizz has no clue what game its players want. see diablo mobil release. we are screwed.
Agreed. We should have continued to be the leaders of our classes.

Somehow after being a major leader in the victory against the burning legion, we became nobodies. Seriously, I now get ordered around by a !@#$ like Nathanos? The hero gets knocked down several rungs on the prestige ladder. That drunk Flynn is ordering me around now?

Legion had a feel to it where, yeah you were basically doing the same quests as we always have been. But, it felt like it was important at the time. Now it feels like everyone is just sending me out to collect Azerite. And the %^-* isn't even rare. You can't take 5 steps without tripping over Azerite.
I mean. Lore wise I understand why they're not doing that stuff in BFA. It's kinda going for a more racial pride thing with stuff like heritage armor. Which I totally love to be honest.

But yeah I still miss the special class stuff. It was fun to be reminded why I originally made a Warlock all those years ago. It helps fill that hole left by no longer having demon quests when you got to certain levels. Or performing a ritual and fighting a boss to unlock your level 60 Dreadsteed. It was nice to feel something like that with the class quests and flying mount quests.
I made a post just yesterday about this, and this does a better job to sum up exactly the way I feel. +1.
11/08/2018 06:45 AMPosted by Albatrost
I just hate how every expansion we're getting new Garrisons making the old ones obsolete. I don't care about the 7th Legion missions because I know next expansion they won't matter. It doesn't matter if I upgrade my followers or level them up, I'll never think about them again next expansion.

When you get to BI Dalaran the first time so much emphasis is placed on your Class Hall but you'll forget about it as soon as you're in KT/ZD. What's the point?

I guess it's more frustrating because Blizzard is obsessed with streamlining everything. Class Halls made the Garrison system somewhat interesting with really good flavor, but this system in BFA is just Garrisons but even more generic.

I periodically go back to my garrisons. I too miss them. I haven’t been back to my little farm though. It is probably overgrown and full of empty Busch Ice cans from that hillbilly panda that hangs out there.
11/08/2018 07:04 AMPosted by Xargaryen
Agreed. We should have continued to be the leaders of our classes.

Somehow after being a major leader in the victory against the burning legion, we became nobodies. Seriously, I now get ordered around by a !@#$ like Nathanos? The hero gets knocked down several rungs on the prestige ladder. That drunk Flynn is ordering me around now?

Legion had a feel to it where, yeah you were basically doing the same quests as we always have been. But, it felt like it was important at the time. Now it feels like everyone is just sending me out to collect Azerite. And the %^-* isn't even rare. You can't take 5 steps without tripping over Azerite.

so much this. the character and class perspective was 100x better in legion