New Tanking class! Make it Cloth

General Discussion
We need a new tanking class, something like a sorcerer that can tank/dps and heal!!!!!

Just an ideal.. for next expansion. Yes am over BFA already... boring... I loved the demon Hunter class but like I said in the other thread I can't bring myself to main one due to being Blood elf..

Vulpera Sorcerer

Yeah Buddy!

@blizzard look into this please.

What do you guy's think about a cloth tanking class?!
Make them use absorb shields as defense to make up for the lack of armor
I don't think it's that great of an idea. However, I'd agree with anything other than another leather or cloth wearing tank.
it would have to be a shield class if its cloth and it would be to op.
Frost Mages and Demonology Warlocks could be retooled into tanking, I'd say.

They could also offer unique gimmicks to tanking - Frost Mages could be based on the enemy simply not hitting you due to slowdowns and freezing, and Demonology Warlocks could be based on the pet demon tanking while you do some DPS.
No. Make a Tinker, make it a mail class, and let it tank using a Mech.
11/08/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Lemres
Frost Mages and Demonology Warlocks could be retooled into tanking, I'd say.

They could also offer unique gimmicks to tanking - Frost Mages could be based on the enemy simply not hitting you due to slowdowns and freezing, and Demonology Warlocks could be based on the pet demon tanking while you do some DPS.

NO geez don't give this kind of ideal to blizzard, I want something new and fresh...

although I like the demonolgy warlock tanking!
Mail tank?
11/08/2018 06:19 AMPosted by Dotfury
I loved the demon Hunter class but like I said in the other thread I can't bring myself to main one due to being Blood elf..

Yet you play a race with a face like a bashed crab.
I always liked the idea of a Runemaster, which was available in the RPG:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Runemaster

We've been seeing more and more runic magic in game, like the Vrykul in Legion. It could work as a cloth tank. It's unfortunate that they incorporated runic abilities into other classes already, though :(

For a mail tank, I think Shaman just need an Earth spec. It just makes too much sense and would be awesome from a class fantasy perspective.
Mail. Or start making shaman and hunters wear leather.

I would love a priest/paladin hybrid in mail, mace and shield. Kinda like an old school D&D cleric. Which I know to some people it will sound like just a paladin in mail. But it's not.
Mage tanking back in the day was even more niche than shaman tanking, but I'd be all for more tanking options. I've always wanted to have the option as a shaman, but the closest I got by the time I hit max level was during Cata when I actually had a weapon enchant that included bonus threat generation and a taunt, even if I didn't really have much in the way of defensive cooldowns. It was apparently designed to be more situational, even though it was literally designed for tanking.

I don't think a kite-tank would be too feasible, bosses are usually immune to slows and trying to chase every fight around in circles as melee would suck. But some kind of absorb shield dynamic would be cool, though it would have to be healable somehow if it's going to be the main damage-mitigating dynamic in lieu of a high HP pool. Or maybe it would factor as damage reduction, like armor, instead?
thats st00pid, your st00pid
11/08/2018 06:27 AMPosted by Seriyan
No. Make a Tinker, make it a mail class, and let it tank using a Mech.

Yeah, make the Tinker class. That was really cool in Warcraft 3.
or
You could make 1 or 2 specs each for our classes that we have. Instead of making a new class, just add new specs for the classes we have. "Dark Rangers spec" for the Hunters. "Lich spec" for Warlocks. "Warden spec" for Rogues. "Sage spec" for Priests. "Dark Knight spec" for Paladins. "Night Warrior spec" for Warriors or Priests.
Jeez. Just give Warlocks a tank spec where they get their wings back and share/mitigate damage through their pet
11/08/2018 06:19 AMPosted by Dotfury
We need a new tanking class

Why?

But no, we don’t. We have plenty of tanks. Also, we should get a third mail armorclass before a fourth cloth or plate.
11/08/2018 06:22 AMPosted by Wariya
Make them use absorb shields as defense to make up for the lack of armor

Like armor really means anything anymore to be honest.
A New class would be much appreciated. If they want to just slap a tank spec on a curent class. I really like the Demo warlock tanking.

Tinker would be cool too.
Instead give Shamans a 4th spec that is Earth associate and make that Tank
They really should just convert the few remaining pure DPS classes into hybrid ones. Remove one of the trees and add in a healing or tanking alternative in it's place.