8.1And resto

Shaman
With 8.1 coming I've been watching the shaman changes like a hawk. My shaman is only like 340 and does just fine in the PVE content at that level. I've heard more tenured players exclaim that higher keystones aren't half as bad as some people like to say but most other classes can do them better.

That said, with 8.1 looming and what appears to be a flat increase to chain heal mixed with the high tide rework resulting in chain heal not healing less per jump after X mana spent (how much mana because wow head doesnt say). This seems like pretty solid news for shaman no? I mean if the high tide buff to chain heal can be parked for 20-30 seconds that could be rather significant. I found doing keys that undulation helped get me out of those situations where the tank was getting wrecked, seems like high tide will work some what similar to undulation for chain heal. Can anyone that has ptr confirm or correct? Interested in knowing if resto shaman will be in a better place 8.1. I'm asking from a keystone only stand point.
There really is no other option other than Undulation for M+. Yes, these changes should be an amazing buff in M+ for Rsham. Part of the problem is they are useless outside of CDs (ascendance mainly). With these changes you should be able to more reliably do cleave healing (chain was already used a lot because of Flash Flood). From a Keystone stand point, yes they will be better. Resto Shaman can already do high keys, of course. The problem is that they have a way harder time than any other healing class at the same gear/skill level.
I dont see our ability to do high keys as a difficulty. I just see it as a different challenge. On the shaman I have to be mindful of different aspects. Do not be afraid to spam healing surges and weave in a healing wave for the 3rd proc. On no tyrannical weeks use your CD's on trash packs.

I cant stress the importance of gearing appropriately. Crit to a min 20% then crit + vers.

Echoes over earth shield, Undulation over the other two. Flash flood over downpour. I prefer wellspring over ascendance.

Now the most important aspect KNOW THE DUNGEONS. If you understand the damage patterns you can easily react appropriately.

Thou player stupidity is the x in the equation that is impossible to account for.
Going back to OP

yeah, HT will be sorta like undulation in a sense, it'll be a decent dungeon pick since it's easy to blow through (and get back by drinking between packs) mana so you can reliably have a multitarget heal of significance.

It might make things better, but it won't change that much in how rsham is ranked for dungeon healers since a lot of other things come into that, like debuff cleansing and externals, not just straight healing.
11/08/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Sousukei
I dont see our ability to do high keys as a difficulty. I just see it as a different challenge. On the shaman I have to be mindful of different aspects. Do not be afraid to spam healing surges and weave in a healing wave for the 3rd proc. On no tyrannical weeks use your CD's on trash packs.

I cant stress the importance of gearing appropriately. Crit to a min 20% then crit + vers.

Echoes over earth shield, Undulation over the other two. Flash flood over downpour. I prefer wellspring over ascendance.

Now the most important aspect KNOW THE DUNGEONS. If you understand the damage patterns you can easily react appropriately.

Thou player stupidity is the x in the equation that is impossible to account for.

I liked earth until I got the trait that props chain heals from your stream totem. Echos is huge with that trait imo. Gonna try getting my shaman geared closer to this guy. I am excite.
11/09/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Grudge
11/08/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Sousukei

I liked earth until I got the trait that props chain heals from your stream totem. Echos is huge with that trait imo. Gonna try getting my shaman geared closer to this guy. I am excite.

Yea the healing stream trait is DOOOPE. It helps with passive healing and DPS.

Things people don't often talk about is rSham's DPS, which is an important discussion in M+. I don't really have any benchmarks to go off of, other than my Tank buddy who says Resto druids in cat form are OP (like 10k dps on bosses?).

Unless you're pushing like, near best in the world Keys rShaman are fine.

The chain heal buff is exciting.
Don't get used to it, swelling streams is getting nerfed by like 54% in 8.1! I don't really see how people can deny the difficulty Rsham faces, we just don't have the tools to contribute very much in M+ on top of our throughput being lacking, especially as it relates to CDs. Whatever key you're doing at whatever skill level, it would be comparably easier on any other class.
I think Resto will be slightly better for M+ in 8.1, but MW and Resto Druids will still reign supreme. I have a 120 of every healer class and I find Shamans to be the worst in M+ right now. That doesn’t mean a talented R Shaman can’t push keys; it means their group’s margin for error is much smaller than with other healing classes. For example; last week I did 33k HPS on the 3 boss fight in +10 King’s Rest on my MW. I needed every single one of those heals to keep my group alive (since the one melee kept getting clipped by axes). If I was on my Shaman I know we would have wiped 100% because I would not be able to heal through our DPS’s mistake(s).
I'm so tired of the l2p comments. I'm glad that you're ok playing with a handicap but don't expect everyone to enjoy the "challenge" as much as you do.
Why did blizzard take away a stack of our tidal waves? Just wondering.

Edited: spelling
I still haven't seen an appropriate amount of changes to make the gameplay/toolkit feel more whole.

In M+, I need to feel like I can do more than spam Healing Surge to save the group when we aren't clumped (i.e. we need Ancestral Guidance and/or Ancestral Awakening)

In raids, we need better control for high movement/spread fights (i.e. we need Ancestral Guidance and/or Ancestral Awakening). Chain Heal only received a throughput buff-- nothing for jump distance?!

As it stands, the closest I can get is Wellspring and popping CBT to align with damage but again, it just does not feel great because charging it up is nowhere near as rewarding as it was in Legion (fun factor gone).

Single Target:
- Healing Wave
- Healing Surge
- Riptide
- Earthshield (talent)
- Unleash Life (talent)

Spread Healing:
- Wellspring (talent)
- Cloudburst Totem (talent)
- Healing Tide Totem

Stacked Healing:
- Healing Rain
- Downpour (talent)
- Ascendance (talent)
- Chain Heal
- Wellspring (talent)
- Healing Tide Totem
- Spirit Link Totem
- Cloudburst Totem

The stacked healing is overkill. Chain Heal throughput buff is good. It needs a range buff now and bring back Awakening and/or Guidance.
11/12/2018 12:34 AMPosted by Lougim
Why did blizzard take away a stack of our tidal waves? Just wondering.

Edited: spelling

I would hit like one hundred more times if I could.
11/10/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Boskins
I think Resto will be slightly better for M+ in 8.1, but MW and Resto Druids will still reign supreme. I have a 120 of every healer class and I find Shamans to be the worst in M+ right now. That doesn’t mean a talented R Shaman can’t push keys; it means their group’s margin for error is much smaller than with other healing classes. For example; last week I did 33k HPS on the 3 boss fight in +10 King’s Rest on my MW. I needed every single one of those heals to keep my group alive (since the one melee kept getting clipped by axes). If I was on my Shaman I know we would have wiped 100% because I would not be able to heal through our DPS’s mistake(s).

Yes, even at low levels its obvious that shamans cannot keep up with damage without blowing cooldowns for every trash pull.
Blizzard is so terrified of us being OP in any situation so they just let us go by the wayside, especially in M+. Earth Shield should be baseline, and the talent should turn it into an external. We are being outhealed in raids on stacked fights by MW and Disc, so there is essentially no refuting the fact the RSham is being neglected this xpac.