What would make the game more fun?

General Discussion
Disclaimer, this is my opinion. You are welcomed to disagree and share your own.

1) Fun spec design
IMO, this is the most important thing as it is what makes or breaks the game. This is what keeps people playing, not the content they are doing. Even if the content is super fun, if the tools to do that content are boring, then the game is boring.
I played nearly every spec in Legion and I liked most of them, with a few exceptions. For example, I think the best version of frost mage was MoP due to the old Alter Time, the Glyph of Icy Veins, Blazing Speed and Deep Freeze.

2) Flying, and a web of teleports
I understand that we are grounded so we don’t consume the content so quickly, giving the developers enough time to make more content. But really, I’d rather binge the content quickly and have fun, than drag through nonsense for an entire year. It burns me out a lot more to have to do homework to unlock QoL features, than simply having those QoL features from the start and simply playing the game because I like it. In essence, the Pathfinder grind is conditioning us to hate out-world content, when we should be encouraged to go out and explore instead.

3) More out-world content
And, this is the real reason why flying is so gated: there’s next to nothing to do outside of instances. Development time is so focused on raids and Mythic+, that all other content gets thrown out the window. I don’t dislike that content, but I do dislike the hustle that is to form a group, and I’ve slowly dreaded the idea of normal or higher raids, Mythic+, or rated PvP more and more. Staring at a screen choosing who you are going to let into your group, having to inspect each one of them, etc. is really not exciting gameplay.

The lack of out world content is the reason why leveling is so bad in this game. Raids only last one patch, but the world content is there forever, and you have to repeat it every time you make a new character. If they dedicated more time to the leveling (which admittedly has been good for the past three expansions) and added more sought-after things in the world (like more mounts, pets, and UNIQUE xmogs), I’d definitely play the game more.

4) Solo challenges with trophies
This was the best part of Legion. In fact, I was motivated to raid normal and heroic, and do Mythic+ because of these. Gear is pointless, it becomes obsolete very quickly, but cosmetic trophies last forever. I completed 30 of the spec challenges and would have done all 36 if I didn’t hate the leveling in this game so much.

Anyways, I guess I’m just playing the wrong game… after 10 years, I’m realizing that maybe WoW is not for me.

I’d love a game world like God of War, or AC: Origins with raids, dungeons and objective based PvP as side activities.

Anyways, these things would make WoW more fun for me, but I understand everyone is different. So, what would make the game more fun for you? Maybe the developers can work on some of the overlapping interests.
It's a weird question to try and answer simply because fun is subjective
Flight.
More Succubi. Succubi always make everything fun!
11/09/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Wÿvern

And, this is the real reason why flying is so gated: there’s next to nothing to do outside of instances. Development time is so focused on raids and Mythic+, that all other content gets thrown out the window. I don’t dislike that content, but I do dislike the hustle that is to form a group, and I’ve slowly dreaded the idea of normal or higher raids, Mythic+, or rated PvP more and more. Staring at a screen choosing who you are going to let into your group, having to inspect each one of them, etc. is really not exciting gameplay.

The lack of out world content is the reason why leveling is so bad in this game. Raids only last one patch, but the world content is there forever, and you have to repeat it every time you make a new character. If they dedicated more time to the leveling (which admittedly has been good for the past three expansions) and added more sought-after things in the world (like more mounts, pets, and UNIQUE xmogs), I’d definitely play the game more.

[/quote]

I agree with this. I'd love it if the world felt more alive and there were more things to do in it, reasons to poke around, go places we'd not normally go. Get cool story flavor and/or cool, non-RNG rewards for our curiosity.

To add my own...
Less RNG or if I can't have that, bad luck protection on a larger variety of things.

Rather than flying being something that we just unlock and be done with it, it'd be nice to see some areas designed with flying in mind. Areas you can get to only if you have flying, an underwater mount, ext. Have the mounts play a part in the world in a creative way, rather than simply being a mode of transportation.

It'd be cool if, for example, there were "nightmare portals" around the world that you could enter if you have the lucid nightmare mount.
A big, new addition in which only exists to be fun. Like transmogging.

Housing. Imagine all the ways housing could keep you occupied between crafting furniture, designing, farming mats, scouring the world for lootable furniture, RPing...
Honestly?

Better combat.

Most specs play like a simon says, just pressing lights as they come up in the correct sequence, with a delay between actions that is just long enough to make it tedious.

Even if everything else remained the same, making combat faster and more fluid would make the game magnitudes more engaging.
Flying right at max level - without hoops to jump through.

And content makes the game fun for me not class design. They can have pretty average class design before I will complain about it. I have never played a class/spec because it is 'fun' to play in terms of combat.
Shinies( little item that give a quests found around the world)
Hidden treasures
And port shrines that port you to different places or buff you
New foods to cook ,more then enough in bfa that are not even used
Fishing adventures, net fishing ,spear fishing (we had this in legion)
Archeology,have the items tell a story
Player housing
Woodworking,stonemasonary,and metalforger
Dynamite to use when fishing.

Housing that would pay homage to WildStar’s player housing.

Wings/rocket attachments for ground mounts.
Less seriousness

More sillyness.

More "Me not that kind of orc"
More "Whut"
More "a turtle made it to the water"

Less focus on:
The ilevel of the second tier drops should be 13.2 ilevels above the first tier drops instead of 13.2
oh look, I'm edgy and evil but ok cause I sometimes kill mosters slightly less evil than me.
Not 100% there with you on #2, but spot on with the other points, so +1.
11/09/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Mistblossom

Housing. Imagine all the ways housing could keep you occupied between crafting furniture, designing, farming mats, scouring the world for lootable furniture, RPing...

you can already do this in your garrison guess what people didnt like it because nobody was out in the world.
11/09/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Mcbeardy
11/09/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Mistblossom

you can already do this in your garrison guess what people didnt like it because nobody was out in the world.

Hmm,we can make furniture already? News to me.
11/09/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Nalin
Dynamite to use when fishing.

Housing that would pay homage to WildStar’s player housing.

Wings/rocket attachments for ground mounts.

lmao, this Goblin in disguise...

XD
Disclaimer, this is my opinion. You are welcomed to disagree and share your own.

1) Fun spec design
IMO, this is the most important thing as it is what makes or breaks the game. This is what keeps people playing, not the content they are doing. Even if the content is super fun, if the tools to do that content are boring, then the game is boring.
I played nearly every spec in Legion and I liked most of them, with a few exceptions. For example, I think the best version of frost mage was MoP due to the old Alter Time, the Glyph of Icy Veins, Blazing Speed and Deep Freeze.

I understand that we are grounded so we don’t consume the content so quickly, giving the developers enough time to make more content. But really, I’d rather binge the content quickly and have fun, than drag through nonsense for an entire year. It burns me out a lot more to have to do homework to unlock QoL features, than simply having those QoL features from the start and simply playing the game because I like it. In essence, the Pathfinder grind is conditioning us to hate out-world content, when we should be encouraged to go out and explore instead.

This was the best part of Legion. In fact, I was motivated to raid normal and heroic, and do Mythic+ because of these. Gear is pointless, it becomes obsolete very quickly, but cosmetic trophies last forever. I completed 30 of the spec challenges and would have done all 36 if I didn’t hate the leveling in this game so much.

Anyways, I guess I’m just playing the wrong game… after 10 years, I’m realizing that maybe WoW is not for me.

I’d love a game world like God of War, or AC: Origins with raids, dungeons and objective based PvP as side activities.

Anyways, these things would make WoW more fun for me, but I understand everyone is different. So, what would make the game more fun for you? Maybe the developers can work on some of the overlapping interests.

I'm having fun, the problem is everything outside of wow has to do with people complaining the game has changed in a way they don't like and they won't leave so they kick and scream. Times are changin folks, you're replaceable. byyyyeee
1) better classes. Legion ruined classes, and BfA is overall worse due to the GCD change. I'm glad that I got victory rush back, that's absolutely huge for me, along with battle shout, but I still don't have SMF fury or 2h frost. MoP classes were much better, except for colossus smash as fury (which is the one skill I don't miss).
2) flight in current content.
11/09/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Bipzi
More Succubi. Succubi always make everything fun!

Gimme a freaking incubus already
1) tier sets
2) open world scaling at max level to make old zones relevant
3) player housing in conjunction with #2
4) make all professions have relevance
5) M+ more similar to legion, having more baseline affixes turns people away especially now that trash has increased.
6) Hotfix 8.1 xp requirements for leveling now so we can level alts with less pain, while we are waiting for more content.
7) Better Emissary cache rewards, even though they have been increased still doesn’t “make” me do them.
8) Make warfronts harder.
9) Get rid of island Expeditions
10) Get rid of “free” gear for content that offers no challenge (warfronts 370) wtf
11/10/2018 10:24 PMPosted by Nickydoo

1) Fun spec design

I'm having fun, the problem is everything outside of wow has to do with people complaining the game has changed in a way they don't like and they won't leave so they kick and scream. Times are changin folks, you're replaceable. byyyyeee

1) Fun spec design

1) Fun spec design

1) Fun spec design

1) Fun spec design

1) Fun spec design

1) Fun spec design

But they aren't replaceable. There is a finite pool of people who want to play a game like this. Each sub loss represents a drop in revenue for blizzard. Less revenue results in fewer resources devoted to the game. Fewer resources means a game that isn't as good.

But you do you, boo.