iLvl 342; Getting Bored

General Discussion
I'm a casual player. I've gotten my paladin up to iLvl 342 and have enjoyed BFA, but now I'm just getting bored. I have maybe an hour to play each night, so have just been grinding world quests, doing an occasional dungeon run or island scenario. I dabbled in LFR back in Pandaria, with some moderate success, but I don't really have huge blocks of time to raid anymore.

What's left for me then - just running mythic dungeons and continuing the daily world quest grind? I'm trying to decide if I should just set WoW down for a bit and start Red Dead Redemption 2... :)
You might want to take a break. Do you want to farm mounts or transmogs? Do you want to do some pet battles? Level an alt? There is always something to do but if the things available don't sound appealing don't burn yourself out by grinding!
I play much the same as you. I log in. Do WQs for war resources so I can send my followers on rep missions. The only thing I need is rep, but I am so over grinding quests. It's been almost 15 years. There has to be a better way!!!!! ;)
If you can't invest time to raiding or rated pvp. I would recommend you don't play the game at all, ever again.

The entire point of the game exists in that level of content. Otherwise you're just playing loot a flash/mobie game farm simulator with fancy graphics.
Neat
I am in a similar boat my dude.

There was a very similar issue with both Destiny's. The leveling experience was great, initial gearing at max level was still pretty fun, and then there was a HUGE lull in content at max level.

The reason I bring that up is the common denominator through both of these games having a very similar problem, is Activision.

There is a content drought for people except the hardcore M+, raid, and pvp folks. Yes mount farming, cheesy's, and transmog is a thing, but all that is, is going back through old content, that's not new to the game material.

If blizzard didn't have a track record of patching through expansions, you would bet your !@#, patch 8.1 would be DLC content for $14-$20 bucks.
You’ve reached the point where you need to start doing group content to progress any further. Your WQs aren’t going to give you gear upgrades anymore.

Try some Mythic dungeons (doesn’t need to be keystones, can be M0) warfronts, normal Uldir, etc.

If that’s not for you, I’ve found that working on an alt usually rekindles my excitement to log in.
I farms mounts, transmog, rep, achievs and pets when I get bored. Other than that, I'm not sure what more there is out there without going into more time consuming content.
11/09/2018 10:07 AMPosted by Comedy
If you can't invest time to raiding or rated pvp. I would recommend you don't play the game at all, ever again.

The entire point of the game exists in that level of content. Otherwise you're just playing loot a flash/mobie game farm simulator with fancy graphics.

this is one of the more ignorant, unhelpful contributions to the conversation i've heard in a long god damn time.

This game hasn't always been about raiding or pvp. Pvp was an addition, and there seemed to be a lot more content outside of raids in previous expansions.

The focus on Esports type content is a relatively recent installment, and its really pissing off a lot of folks who really aren't interested in that.

Esports and story content can coexist and be equally entertaining, but telling someone they need to do one or two things or just not play is sort of being a prick.
level alts, as slow as it is...

Install some funny weakauras that make the game goofy. I have one that goes "HOLY SH*T" from unreal tournament everytime you get a crit.

idk, the game is stale right now but what else is there to play
pepehands
level an allied race and unlock heritage armor or take a break.
With only an hour a day to play, you are better off just avoiding MMOs unless you are willing to make alts once you reach the cap forced upon you by your play time.
If you're bored, go play something else. You can come back later when new content is pushed out, and gear caps go up again. Because you're really reaching the limits of casual gameplay without going into instances.

I guess you could try to get into doing pvp, but I don't know much about that gear route.

But sounds like you're capping out on progress without further time-investment, so maybe you'll have more fun doing other things until new tiers raise the gear levels again?
LFR has 3 wings and you should be able to complete 1 wing within the hour of game time you have and you don't have to complete each wing in one night or even complete every boss in 1 wing per night. At least you get to partake in the boss fights with new mechanics and get to check out the raid. You should try it.

Find yourself a guild, there are casual guilds out there that don't necessary have set raid schedules but want to experience Uldir Normal and do Mythic+ as a guild.
The problem with "progression"(let's be real just an increase in item levels) means doing mythic+ higher keys or raiding heroic/mythic. It's basically the same thing you're only doing but rewards a higher item level.

The thing is that type of content might not appeal to more "casual" players. Mostly because of all the toxicity involved, good luck even getting into a mythic+ group without a decent io rating or a raid without aotc.

That's all you'll be doing is increasing your item level through various means. There has to be *more* in a mmo to it than that. Right now BfA offers very little to do.

One solution is to try find a guild where there people in it has similar motivations/goals as you have. However that can be very, very difficult. Guild drama and all that garbage is always a thing. It's especially true when you're pushing high mythic+ keys or raiding. People will get upset, angry, annoyed at each other. For me it's not the proper atmosphere for me because I don't play a *game* to experience things like that.
I actually have more fun running old content right now than advancing BFA “war campaign”. I don’t think I can finish the horrible story line of BfA. And it frustrating, as some of instances are locked behind advancement in this quest line.
11/09/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Anamoly
I play much the same as you. I log in. Do WQs for war resources so I can send my followers on rep missions. The only thing I need is rep, but I am so over grinding quests. It's been almost 15 years. There has to be a better way!!!!! ;)

There will be, summer 2019.
Lol @ people telling people raid, arena or quit the game. Just find some alts to play and start the rep grinding and gear up game all over again. I do some Bg's only grand battles though, it can be fun. I really like the idea behind war fronts and would love to see them do more with them. Xmog runs can really eat up time and fill good when you get new looks.
I do not get caught up with all the raider IO or gear score B.S. Do what YOU want to do, and do not worry about what people on the forums or twitch say. You pay your own money to play, enjoy the game in a way you want to play it. Just don't come on the forums and cry about class balance/challenging content/gear. If you choose not to do the things the game makes you do to get the top end items you really cannot complain about it. Just my opinion.
Just wait ‘till 8.1 when they buff leveling!
11/09/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Morwynn
11/09/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Anamoly

There will be, summer 2019.

Yeah! Why grind quests when you can just grind mobs for hours because you ran out of quests!