Warcraft III Reforged looks great but...

General Discussion
...Could we also get a revamp on Warcraft I and Warcraft II? I've love to play the stories of those two older games, but remade in the new WC3 style.

I realize that a straight 1:1 conversion wouldn't very entertaining as story telling improved greatly by the time of WC3, but I'd welcome it if Blizzard rebuilt those games adding in new storytelling lore in the structure and flow that made WC3 so great.

What do you guys think?
Warcraft one and two didn't have that great of depth in them when it came to story line like Warcraft 3. I think the last time I played either one of them, I found that the use of cheat codes actually made the games enjoyable again.
11/09/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Gabitha
Warcraft one and two didn't have that great of depth in them when it came to story line like Warcraft 3. I think the last time I played either one of them, I found that the use of cheat codes actually made the games enjoyable again.

I agree, but that's why I suggested Blizzard revamp those stories. Make them more interesting and add in the additional/changed lore to keep them with the current stories. I guess it would be more of a remake than a revamp.
Yeah, you'd think they would've started with 1.
11/09/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Cassima

I understand why they didn't. WC3 is a much easier port over as they've already figured out how to make it work in 3D (WC1 and WC2 were in 2D using sprites), it's a more interesting story and has had the most direct impact on WoW. They could use it as a foundation to remake WC1 and 2 as well (which is what I'm hoping for).
If I were to guess, at least 1 of them is planned to go mobile. It'd just make sense. I'd like to see a version of them remastered since I never got to experience them though.
11/09/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Gabitha

I thought I was so smart as a kid, when I found the text file to change the values of units.

Made all my factions' units cost next to zero resources and buffed them by 100% in health/damage.

Felt like a king until the mission(s) where you fight your own side. Then I realized how much fun it was for massive..massive..battles.
There does exist a fan project (a very expansive fan project) that recreated the campaigns of WC 1 and WC 2 using the WC 3 map editor. Since reforged is supposed to be compatible with the original version of the game as well as all of its mods odds are it’ll be easy to port that over. I forget the name of the project but if you google “Warcraft 2 in Warcraft 3” you’ll find it.

Given the modern quality of reforged that would probably be your best bet.
Oh cool. I didn't know about that project. Also, I didn't know that Reforged was compatible with all the mods from the original version. I'll have to check it out.

Still, I'm kinda hoping for more than a simple port of WC1 and WC2. I'd like Blizzard to remake them with a much deeper and more compelling story, using modern game play styles as the later games like WC3 and SC had.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/remaking-warcrafts-1-2-as-dlc-later-on/229

Believe it or not warcraft RF has its own official website and forums. Please got o this thread to support the edition of wc 1 & 2 as dlc campaigns post launch as well as any other future campaigns such as tie ins to WoW.
Be cool if they just rebuilt 1 and 2 as DLC for 3.
11/09/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Cassima

You're thinking with logic, not money.
I already paid for WC III once. I gotta do it again? That's straight balls.
11/09/2018 02:45 PMPosted by Axeperson
You're thinking with logic, not money.

Starting with 3 is definitely the smartest option. It is by far the most influential of the games, and the most popular. WC2 was fun, but I still go back to replay WC3 after I don't even know how many times. It lead into WoW and the explosive popularity of the Warcraft brand. As the saying goes, Put your best foot forward.