Very long post, mains

Warlock
Good afternoon all, this post is towards warlock affliction mains who take time to analyze and correct their mistakes , and can take about 15 minutes to help me out and provide constructive criticism , it’s going to be a long post, so you may want to leave right now if you can’t read this all.

I’m a 373 affliction warlock 3/8M , who does weekly >10+ mythic chest, has horrible azerite RNG, and is currently rolling with 1x archive , 1x cascading calamity , and 1x sudden onset, aiming for archive, wracking brilliance and dagger in the back for raids, but suggestions are greatly appreciated. In my toolkit I have like 7 shoulder pieces lol my luck, all with sudden onset or inevitable demise, my chest piece has archive so that stays, and as far as head piece I have another archive and sudden onset lol. I’ll start by telling you what I did wrong, and areas that I need help with, but I’ll provide log link for zek mythic kill if you’d like to look through it and help me.

To start everything off , I began progressing on zek voz Tuesday, for about an hour or so, analyzed my logs on mother and Taloc as well, my dot uptime was below 70% , cast downtime >50% very bad, missed a lot of casts for certain abilities. In the zek voz 6 minute kill I looked it over so base this on YESTERDAYS zek voz kill (I’ll provide link)
I improved a lot, doy uptime >90% , missed 1 darkglare, dark soul cast and my downtime was 20% so improved a lot. I know how to properly use dark glare , dump UAs and refresh dots dark then death bolt etc, my grey area is right after that when things slow down I suppose, I space my UAs to benefit entirely from 10% damage buff, I missed a lot of death bolt casts BUT typically I try to time at least one UA and use deathbolt right after while my current UA is about to expire, so should I just use right off CD, wait for a UA and miss maybe an extra cast or just off CD, would the dps loss be significant? Cast dark soul off CD? Same with darkglare? Cast darkglare off CD with however many UAs I currently have? Or let darkglare sit for a bit and wait for my full dark soul, dots, UA Dump, dark glare, death bolt wombo combo and maybe give up another darkglare I COULDVE gotten? That’s my troubles. My parse was !@#$, every guild/group will have diffferent strategy for example I was pulled aside and told to strictly focus zek, besides my AoE is relatively weak compared to other classeS, so I ended up doing 16K dps with barely to none AoE, I was top 3 for boss parse which was great also parse for %ilvl also great.

If you’ve stuck around this far I appreciate you, please I’m asking for you to help me find my mistakes I do want to improve and take my parses serious.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/P9ptHQXMY1bcWk7m
If you could link your logs I could help more. Going through logs is much easier than sorting through words.

As for Azerite traits.
I have Archive chest that is used on everything but Zul. Then I swap to 370 chest for 2x ID and use Archive shoulders.
Shoulders I use Wracking Brilliance in every situation, got hella lucky in m+ cache.
Helm is changed based on fight. I have an Archive helm, ID helm, and Cascading Helm.

Always Archive or Laser Matrix, Archive being superior.

Sudden Onset is really good on a few fights, despite it being nerfed you still see it being used. Starting at 4 stacks and just the flat damage itself is still really solid.

Inevitable Demise is super super strong on a few fights. The main ones being Zul, Mythrax, and G'Huun. It can be really strong on Zek'voz as well depending on how long the adds live and probably how many sets of adds you get as well.

Cascading Calamity is really good overall. You should be able to maintain 90%+ uptime on the buff relatively easily and Haste is just good. Cascading is especially strong on ST fights like Taloc, Fetid, Vectis are all the fights I use it on.

Dagger in the Back is not that great, sims have it a good bit higher than it actually is because simulations have you behind the boss at all times so Dagger always starts at 2 stacks instead of 1. Not that great in reality.

Wracking Brilliance, ideally everyone would have like 2x of these for every fight, it's just that good.

For the first 3 bosses I just use Cascading. Grant it, my raid annihilates the Zek adds and we almost skip the 2nd set of little adds every week. So you just have to judge that for your own group. But I'd straight up just use Archive/ID/Cascading for your situation. Swap from ID to SO on like Vectis and maybe Fetid, maybe even just run double Archive on Fetid.

If you link logs I'll happily go through them with a fresh set of eyes.
11/09/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Kigs
If you could link your logs I could help more. Going through logs is much easier than sorting through words.

As for Azerite traits.
I have Archive chest that is used on everything but Zul. Then I swap to 370 chest for 2x ID and use Archive shoulders.
Shoulders I use Wracking Brilliance in every situation, got hella lucky in m+ cache.
Helm is changed based on fight. I have an Archive helm, ID helm, and Cascading Helm.

Always Archive or Laser Matrix, Archive being superior.

Sudden Onset is really good on a few fights, despite it being nerfed you still see it being used. Starting at 4 stacks and just the flat damage itself is still really solid.

Inevitable Demise is super super strong on a few fights. The main ones being Zul, Mythrax, and G'Huun. It can be really strong on Zek'voz as well depending on how long the adds live and probably how many sets of adds you get as well.

Cascading Calamity is really good overall. You should be able to maintain 90%+ uptime on the buff relatively easily and Haste is just good. Cascading is especially strong on ST fights like Taloc, Fetid, Vectis are all the fights I use it on.

Dagger in the Back is not that great, sims have it a good bit higher than it actually is because simulations have you behind the boss at all times so Dagger always starts at 2 stacks instead of 1. Not that great in reality.

Wracking Brilliance, ideally everyone would have like 2x of these for every fight, it's just that good.

For the first 3 bosses I just use Cascading. Grant it, my raid annihilates the Zek adds and we almost skip the 2nd set of little adds every week. So you just have to judge that for your own group. But I'd straight up just use Archive/ID/Cascading for your situation. Swap from ID to SO on like Vectis and maybe Fetid, maybe even just run double Archive on Fetid.

If you link logs I'll happily go through them with a fresh set of eyes.
sorry forgot , i edited with link , appreciate youre help honestly!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/P9ptHQXMY1bcWk7m
Something to keep in mind on Zek'Voz when trying to parse. Zek'Voz is actually kind of difficult to parse well on reasons a couple reasons. If you play something like a FDK you can make up for not getting the orb simply by doing stupid amounts of add dmg, etc. Aff can't really do that, we have to get the orb to parse. Not only that but we have to get the orb with our CDs off CD and lust to parse really well.

1) It looks like your PS didn't do much damage to the small adds. The 1st set of small adds comes up about 10-15s after PS comes off CD when you use it on pull. Just save it for that set of adds, its worth delaying the cast of it. Same thing for the second set, its totally worth delaying because you get a lot of extra damage by hitting all those little adds.

2) It looks like you never really cast Agony on anything other than the boss. You're using a Sudden Onset trait so Agony-ing things will do some decent damage even if they die relatively quickly. Even without the SO trait, might as well try and get an extra shard or two right? I typically Agony a couple small adds and the big add when they come out as I'm running behind the boss to stack up. Then SoC + PS on the boss, easy.

3) You mentioned Deathbolt usage, you could've got more but it's not like super awful. Also the absolute best way to use Deathbolt is just on CD with 1 UA and Haunt up. Like just have all 3 DoTs up + Haunt + 1 UA then Deathbolt every 30s, bam you're using Deathbolt optimally.

4) Darkglare usage. According to Lock One Stop Shop and I will echo this. You should start minimizing Shard usage with about 45s left on the CD of Darkglare. But obviously don't sit at 5 shards once you get there, get to 5 shards and spend 1 etc.

5) Dark Soul usage. Requires some forward thinking but not much.
A) 3 minute fight, just use it on pull and at 2 minutes. - 2 Uses
B) 4 minute fight, use on pull and at 3 minutes. - 2 Uses
C) 5 minutes, use on pull at 3 minutes then at 5 minutes - 3 uses
D) 6 minutes, pull, 2 minutes, 4 minutes, 6 minutes - 4 uses
etc. you get the idea.

You didn't get blessed with an orb either. I do think you could have and should have gotten 1 more Darkglare use in the fight.
11/09/2018 08:13 PMPosted by Kigs
Something to keep in mind on Zek'Voz when trying to parse. Zek'Voz is actually kind of difficult to parse well on reasons a couple reasons. If you play something like a FDK you can make up for not getting the orb simply by doing stupid amounts of add dmg, etc. Aff can't really do that, we have to get the orb to parse. Not only that but we have to get the orb with our CDs off CD and lust to parse really well.

1) It looks like your PS didn't do much damage to the small adds. The 1st set of small adds comes up about 10-15s after PS comes off CD when you use it on pull. Just save it for that set of adds, its worth delaying the cast of it. Same thing for the second set, its totally worth delaying because you get a lot of extra damage by hitting all those little adds.

2) It looks like you never really cast Agony on anything other than the boss. You're using a Sudden Onset trait so Agony-ing things will do some decent damage even if they die relatively quickly. Even without the SO trait, might as well try and get an extra shard or two right? I typically Agony a couple small adds and the big add when they come out as I'm running behind the boss to stack up. Then SoC + PS on the boss, easy.

3) You mentioned Deathbolt usage, you could've got more but it's not like super awful. Also the absolute best way to use Deathbolt is just on CD with 1 UA and Haunt up. Like just have all 3 DoTs up + Haunt + 1 UA then Deathbolt every 30s, bam you're using Deathbolt optimally.

4) Darkglare usage. According to Lock One Stop Shop and I will echo this. You should start minimizing Shard usage with about 45s left on the CD of Darkglare. But obviously don't sit at 5 shards once you get there, get to 5 shards and spend 1 etc.

5) Dark Soul usage. Requires some forward thinking but not much.
A) 3 minute fight, just use it on pull and at 2 minutes. - 2 Uses
B) 4 minute fight, use on pull and at 3 minutes. - 2 Uses
C) 5 minutes, use on pull at 3 minutes then at 5 minutes - 3 uses
D) 6 minutes, pull, 2 minutes, 4 minutes, 6 minutes - 4 uses
etc. you get the idea.

You didn't get blessed with an orb either. I do think you could have and should have gotten 1 more Darkglare use in the fight.

Awesome, thank you so much for feed back and suggestions. Ill use this to better my parses and DPS, also if you take a look at my gear I currently have equipped [Twitching Tentacle of Xalzaix]375 ilvl in slot 1 trinket with prismatic enchant , out of the top 100 ranked by DPS, this trinket I have is used by 7 people. Balefire Branchis the most used by 78 people and Vigilant's Bloodshaper by 68 people and Leyshock's Grand Compilation by 18 people. i also see you have a 350 Leyshock's Grand Compilation, so my next question is can that Leyshock's Grand Compilation 360-360 ilvl be better than my 375 prismatic +40 haste Twitching Tentacle of Xalzaix? I simmed a 360 Leyshock's Grand Compilation as my slot 1 trinket to replace my 375 prismatic one, and with Leyshock's Grand Compilation equipped i lose -0.2% dps according to raidbots, does simming take into account the dps gaing from all the stacks gained by Leyshock's Grand Compilation? whatre your thoughts which trinket do you think i should go with.
The socket itself is worth a lot of DPS and the tentacle is decent at high enough ilvls. A mythic one would be like a .5% upgrade for me. Sims for Leyshock are correct, use a 350 one because I have nothing better for my Aff setup.

Balefire + X (usually taloc trink) is what everyone wants. Balefire is like by far and away our BiS trinket. Sadly I just haven't had the time to spam waycrests to try and get one.
Good Morning,

With adds you need to ensure you have PS up and ready to go.
So the adds Spawn 1 minute into the fight and then every 2 minutes after that
until you get him to the final past 40%.

So watch your PS if using it means it wont be off CD for adds then dont use it.

Adds Spawn,
Cast PS, Cast Seeds (You had 3 add phases and used seeds twice)
You have a Blood DK so i assume he is mass gripping adds.
Agony on all adds and then back onto boss.
-The hard part is then maintaining Agony on everything and dumping UAs into the boss so you dont shard cap at the same time.

On my 1st Mythic Kill i got a 71 Parse which is not god like but was our 1st kill and I did not get it right.

If you want to get in the 90+ Parse you need to be in the 1st person to collect the orb combined with Lust. Generally the 1st person who dies to the Orb is then revived so you get all the damage of orb/lust phase and brought back to life.

I got it once and was in the 20k mark on damage but we wiped on 2% :(
11/10/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Kigs
The socket itself is worth a lot of DPS and the tentacle is decent at high enough ilvls. A mythic one would be like a .5% upgrade for me. Sims for Leyshock are correct, use a 350 one because I have nothing better for my Aff setup.

Balefire + X (usually taloc trink) is what everyone wants. Balefire is like by far and away our BiS trinket. Sadly I just haven't had the time to spam waycrests to try and get one.
the ideal 3 piece , if i were to get lucky and get a wracking brilliance , should i roll with 1xWB, 1xArchive , 1x ID ? OR 1x WB, 1x archive, and 1x cascading cala
There really is no 'ideal' combo for every situation. You should change your gear fight to fight to get the best traits possible for that fight.

Cascading and ID can both be good on every fight in Uldir. The only fight where I'd say ID is 100% hand down better regardless of the situation and everything is Zul (which is now removed from all-star points on M so it doesn't matter). In some situations 1x Cascading + 1x ID might be better than 1x WB + X. No one can really answer it for you. You have the pieces you have, try some stuff out, if it doesn't work look at your logs and try something else next week.
Hey Kigs,

Would you mind checking my logs and letting me know how to improve (and get sick 99 parses like you!) for mythic? I’m only at 2/8 though. Just downed MOTHER last night.

https://warcraftlogs.com/character/us/khazgoroth/mirrorboy#
11/14/2018 05:44 PMPosted by Mirrorboy
Hey Kigs,

Would you mind checking my logs and letting me know how to improve (and get sick 99 parses like you!) for mythic? I’m only at 2/8 though. Just downed MOTHER last night.

https://warcraftlogs.com/character/us/khazgoroth/mirrorboy#

Sure, I'll look at them tomorrow morning and post some feedback.