Subscription fee in Philippines is too overpriced

Customer Support
11/09/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Darthwraith
In a perfect world that would be great liby but everyone else that has to pay a higher subscription would demand the same thing its just not cost effective for blizzard. Those subscription fees are what pays the bills along with the store pets mounts and other services. It wouldnt be fair to the rest of the world to pay a higer fee while one country pays a significantly lower price.

Welcome to the real world, where this happens for other commodities as well. Best example is medicines. We pay ridiculous amounts (even with insurance) for many medicines and in other countries (especially 3rd world) the prices can be EXTREMELY low. What happens is the countries that can pay make up for those that can't. I'm not saying Bliz is doing that part necessarily, but this IS a thing where prices may be adjusted in other markets based on their economy.
11/10/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Warlockjen
11/09/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Darthwraith
In a perfect world that would be great liby but everyone else that has to pay a higher subscription would demand the same thing its just not cost effective for blizzard. Those subscription fees are what pays the bills along with the store pets mounts and other services. It wouldnt be fair to the rest of the world to pay a higer fee while one country pays a significantly lower price.

Welcome to the real world, where this happens for other commodities as well. Best example is medicines. We pay ridiculous amounts (even with insurance) for many medicines and in other countries (especially 3rd world) the prices can be EXTREMELY low. What happens is the countries that can pay make up for those that can't. I'm not saying Bliz is doing that part necessarily, but this IS a thing where prices may be adjusted in other markets based on their economy.

Drug prices in third world countries have nothing to do with conversion rates or currencies. Europe pays far less for prescription drugs than we do in the US. It has to do with how our insurance system is set up. Most medicines in third world or poor countries are not cheaper because of what drug companies charge, they are either subsidized or bought outright by charities or other groups and donated or resold.
11/10/2018 01:26 AMPosted by Mourningg
As far as I was aware they stopped doing this a few months ago worldwide.

Checking with a friend, Argentinian players pay 169 Argentinian Pesos for a month of game time. You can do the exchange to see what that amounts to in USD.

While FOREX rates can be influenced by government policies, in some cases there is not a whole lot a government can do about the worth of their currency.

The OP has a valid request in regards to the cost to play the game when they are paying with Philippine Pesos. Blizzard has the power to charge different rates to different economies (which is why Canadians pay in CAD now, Aussies in AUD, Argentinians in ARS, and Brazil in BRL).

The most helpful reply to the OP would be to tell them to post their suggestion on the General Discussion forum or use the in-game suggestion option since Customer Support does not influence pricing decisions, nor forwards such feedback. Telling them to go to their government is not going to impact their concern whatsoever.
With that kind of conversion they should charge the equivalent of around $.30 US per month. I mean, if they actually want people in that region playing.

I don't get how people don't understand that local economies in countries work on their own scales. If you were to take US dollars over there and convert them, you could live like a king. Then again, you wouldn't have access to a lot of things you have in the US there.

Cracks me up somebody saying "well that's not fair" when they would make, at a minimum, 60x more for a day's work... I could imagine the cow they would have if Blizz suddenly decided to charge $900/mo, which is the rough equivalent of what that region is paying in their money!
The most helpful reply to the OP would be to tell them to post their suggestion on the General Discussion forum or use the in-game suggestion option since Customer Support does not influence pricing decisions, nor forwards such feedback. Telling them to go to their government is not going to impact their concern whatsoever.

Blizzard can't control conversion rates and they really aren't going to price monthly sub at 30 cents to accommodate a country's poor exchange rate. They can post in General all they want, it isn't going to really help.