Insufficient Disk Space

Mac Technical Support
Hi,

I'm playing on a Macbook Pro with a very small SSD and only had about ~10 GB of disk space on the SSD that WoW is installed on. However, starting today whenever WoW is open, this space is rapidly depleted and wow freezes when this is complete.

I am sure this is related to WoW since this space is returned a few minutes after I close WoW and bnet. Thanks for any help!
Blizzard's System Requirements for World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth specifies a minimum of 70GB of free disk space for the game itself. That being said my installation (including additional add ons, logs, etc) take just a little over 57GB.

I would recommend you run a repair on your game installation. From the Battle.net Application navigate as follows:

• Click 'World of Warcraft' if that panel is not already open.
  • To the right of the sidebar (above the store promotion) is a dropdown menu titled 'Options', click that.
  • Choose 'Scan and Repair'
  • Choose 'Begin Scan'
Delete GarageBand, Pages and Keynote unless you’re using them. You can always redownload them if u had to. Download Malware Bytes and run a scan . Make sure you don’t have extra browser extensions running. Run any software updates you have pending.
11/09/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Ayrithialya
Hi,

I'm playing on a Macbook Pro with a very small SSD and only had about ~10 GB of disk space on the SSD that WoW is installed on. However, starting today whenever WoW is open, this space is rapidly depleted and wow freezes when this is complete.

I am sure this is related to WoW since this space is returned a few minutes after I close WoW and bnet. Thanks for any help!

• Open your Photos app.
    In Preferences > iCloud... click Optimize Mac Storage.
  • System Preferences > iCloud > iCloud Drive > Options... Optimize Mac Storage (at bottom)
  • Open Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor... click on Disk section and see after you open WoW what is writing to your disk.
  • Also download Onyx for the OS version you are using.
    https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html
    Use it to clear your logs, various caches etc and restart your Mac.
  • Could also be an issue with the OS not properly handling Time Machine local snapshots. It's supposed to delete them as needed when there is insufficient disk space but it often just borks on that and decides that you're out of space and out of luck.

Open terminal and paste the following command:

tmutil listlocalsnapshots /

That will show how many snapshots are currently stored on your device. You can delete specific shots by inputting the following command (note: sudo will require you to enter your administrative password).

sudo tmutil deletelocalsnapshots <DATE_CODE>

So for example, I have com.apple.TimeMachine.2018-11-11-123937. To delete that I would use:

sudo tmutil deletelocalsnapshots 2018-11-11-123937