Boomkin m+ dps

Druid
Anyone else having issues with overall dps in keys? I play a fair amount of boomy, so I think I mostly know what I'm doing, but I'm still getting stomped by almost all the other DPS classes I run win in higher keys. Boomy just seems !@#$ty, we used to be excellent aoe dps, now I'm pretty sure were the absolute worst at aoe, and our ST is barely keeping up.

Really just want to know if I need to change something about how I play, or just unsub, cause this %^-* aint fun.
AOE has shifted into empowered Solar Wrath and Lunar Strike for the most part. If you’re starfalling a lot, that could be the reason. Fury of Elune is a must and that will really help with burst aoe as well as getting your sustain going with the AP boost. Rotate your Treants with Fury so you don’t cap on AP and Empowerments. GLHF

Edit: Starfall has its place. I didn’t mean you should never use it. But it should not be your primary AOE focus on smaller packs of mobs.
Whatever you do a similar geared rogue is going to beat you by 20%.
Lunar shrapnel x2 and archive is what I use and my aoe is really powerful.
If have power of the moon x2

It's boring af to play as you pretty much just press one button, but the damage is ok considering.
AoE is fine if you pool ap before big packs and your tank and healer are aware of when their dpsers have cooldowns, pulling one pack at a time will be low dps for balance druids especially in lower level keys when things die before your dots even need to be reapplied.
moonkins are one of the best rdps to have in high keys
Quickly glanced at your raider.io. You run with a dh and a rogue, you arent brought for your dps. You're brought for your utility. Kinda like bringing a frost mage.
11/11/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Birdleaves
Quickly glanced at your raider.io. You run with a dh and a rogue, you arent brought for your dps. You're brought for your utility. Kinda like bringing a frost mage.

This is about it, sorry to say if you run with these two classes and they are well played your dps if almost always going to look like it's on the low side. It's certainly depressing.
Shrapnel is usually pretty bad, since it takes a lot of setup and a sizable pull to really shine. And any week where you can get good pulls for it is usually Tyrannical, so you need ST traits, or you've got rogues/DHs/mages obliterating everything.

Balance druids are brought for utility in beam/trees/knock/innervate/mass entangle/ranged, not damage. Rogues, DHs, and Mages will always beat you given roughly equal gear and skill, but you shouldn't be too far behind. 10-15% or so. You'll do better than most everybody else, but there is a reason those 3 classes are like 70% of the DPS I end up grouping with.

End fights with high AP, only Starfall when you can hit 3 targets for most of the duration, etc.
11/10/2018 03:03 PMPosted by Tasle
Lunar shrapnel x2 and archive is what I use and my aoe is really powerful.
Lunar shrapnel is one of our worst traits definitely do not run that. If you can get your hands on some lively spirit or archive of the Titans pieces they do very well.