Berserking Nerfed!? What!?

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
- Ion admits that Beserking is a bit too powerful of a racial ability for some classes and this is why it is receiving a small nerf.

What is this crap? Trying to force Trolls to race/faction change? Currently Berserking is 15% Haste for 10 seconds with a 180 second cooldown. This calculates to roughly .83% passive Haste which is LESS than the Goblin or NE racials. Yes we get this in a burst but that's why it calculates to LESS passive haste. Also don't forget Berserking has already been nerfed from 20% to 15%.

At a bare minimum if Berserking is nerfed we need a buff to Regeneration to offset our decreased damage with improved survivability. Trolls shouldn't have to suffer because of the race we chose. Heck, even just give us the same passive Haste as other races and I'd accept it; it would be a net buff.

Edit: I think for many people they're missing my point with this post: my point isn't that Berserking shouldn't be nerfed, it's that if they feel like it should be nerfed we need a buff somewhere else to compensate. We shouldn't just have the worst racials in the game because SOME classes benefit more from Berserking. Ultimately some troll classes DO NOT benefit from Berserking; as a Druid I would prefer a flat 1% passive haste. We already have a USELESS racial that only buffs XP gains and has NO USE at max level, now we're just going to be the weakest race.
hOmOgEnIzE eVeRyThInG
Because a mini hero shouldn't even exist for any race.
Yea that nerf is really absurd.
Yeah, we're not going to get any sympathy but boooooo.
11/10/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Sinelus
Because a mini hero shouldn't even exist for any race.

Then change it, don't nerf it. It already calculates to less haste than other racials. Just give us the same passive 1% haste.
Oh look, an OP racial got nerfed. Honestly, I would rather they either ditched racials, or buffed the crummy ones, but oh well.

And before you comment about the human racial, that crap is useless in pve. "You can't do that while stunned" like 45-50% of the time.
Blizzard is just trying to force the player base to the alliance for both micro transactions and to even out the population.

It's mostly for micro transactions though. The faction imbalance isn't new, they just want money now to shore up the stock since it's down. They could had fixed the faction issue years ago but chose not to for the micro transactions of alliance players going horde.
the denial is real
It's not really a nerf.

IT's a PR move.

it's still good. and alot better than most racials.
11/10/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Lorisandre
Oh look, an OP racial got nerfed. Honestly, I would rather they either ditched racials, or buffed the crummy ones, but oh well.

And before you comment about the human racial, that crap is useless in pve. "You can't do that while stunned" like 45-50% of the time.

It's not about, "Oh boohoo, they nerfed my racial"; it's about the fact that the racial is already weaker than other similar racials and they're deciding to nerf it AGAIN. With the way their sales have been going and them trying to convince investors that microtransactions will make up the difference, every single player should be worried about these power swings.

That's fine if you believe your racial was unfairly nerfed (Berserking was already nerfed) but imagine how you'll feel when it's nerfed again to the point where you feel like you HAVE to race change. I feel like you're going to be just as unhappy.
I always hear that troll is the best pve race for most classes? Surely if your racial actually

11/10/2018 02:22 PMPosted by Empowerments
calculates to roughly .83% passive Haste which is LESS than the Goblin or NE racials.

then there's no real reason for troll to be the most popular dps race? I don't understand.
11/10/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Vãrick
I always hear that troll is the best pve race for most classes? Surely if your racial actually

calculates to roughly .83% passive Haste which is LESS than the Goblin or NE racials.

then there's no real reason for troll to be the most popular dps race? I don't understand.

For burst yes we're better because that Haste is in a large chunk, but overall a passive 1% haste would be better for certain specs/classes. If you're looking at this from a PvP perspective of course it's a good racial but from a PvE perspective it's not that great. Besides, Berserking and Regeneration are Troll's only good racials so if they're nerfing Berserking there's no reason they shouldn't buff Regeneration to compensate.
his calculates to roughly .83% passive Haste which is LESS than the Goblin or NE racials.

Some Classes benefit more from a burst of a stat than passive. It's not a hard concept.
I originally started as a Troll monk and I switched because berserk got nerfed and they took away profession abilities.

In MoP I had life blood and berserk i Macord both with xuen and tigereye and yelled FINISH HIM.

Oh the glory days.
11/10/2018 02:37 PMPosted by Drede
his calculates to roughly .83% passive Haste which is LESS than the Goblin or NE racials.

Some Classes benefit more from a burst of a stat than passive. It's not a hard concept.

Which is why if this is such a problem then they should CHANGE the racial and not nerf it. Many classes/specs DO NOT benefit from the burst of this racial and would be better off with a flat haste passive. Just because SOME of them benefit from the burst doesn't mean the ones that don't should be punished alongside them.
this is old news, why are people freaking out now lol
Zerking has existed for how long and now its a problem??

Sounds more like a problem with Itemization and classes. As in, now secondary stats have been nerfed to the ground and many items lack haste which is a god tier stat for a lot of classes. Then the way class design is now across the board for the first time since the game came out is kind of bunk.

Please take a look at the real problem that is class design, itemization, and secondary stat values.
I really wish they would just buff Alliance racials as opposed to nerfing Horde ones.
11/10/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Vãrick

The only races less played than troll are goblins and the allied races.

11/10/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Stohliak
Zerking has existed for how long and now its a problem??

It's not a problem now it's just Blizzard continuing their whack a mole balance this expansion going full RNG with what gets nerfed or buffed.