Berserking Nerfed!? What!?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
11/10/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Stohliak
Zerking has existed for how long and now its a problem?

It's been always a problem.
Just remove all throughput racials so that we can be whatever character we want even in mythic raiding and give all races flavour fun racials.

If they're homogenising everything you might as well do that!
Wow, changing races because of a nerf...
*laughs in alliance*
11/10/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Dzdz
hOmOgEnIzE eVeRyThInG
11/10/2018 02:22 PMPosted by Empowerments
- Ion admits that Beserking is a bit too powerful of a racial ability for some classes and this is why it is receiving a small nerf.

What is this crap? Trying to force Trolls to race/faction change? Currently Berserking is 15% Haste for 10 seconds with a 180 second cooldown. This calculates to roughly .83% passive Haste which is LESS than the Goblin or NE racials. Yes we get this in a burst but that's why it calculates to LESS passive haste. Also don't forget Berserking has already been nerfed from 20% to 15%.

At a bare minimum if Berserking is nerfed we need a buff to Regeneration to offset our decreased damage with improved survivability. Trolls shouldn't have to suffer because of the race we chose. Heck, even just give us the same passive Haste as other races and I'd accept it; it would be a net buff.

As Ion would say... "Alliance NE racials are waiting for you."

That said (as Ion DOES say), I understand your pain. But, at some point Blizzard has to put the brakes on the Horde advantages in racials if they ever hope to stop the faction bleeding. Assuming this is what they are attempting. And if this is what they are attempting, expect more and worse to come.
Get rid of all racials and you won't have this problem
At least your racial is still good. Lightforged explode in a dazzle of confetti for sucking and dying.

Honestly, I'm surprised racials have lasted this long. They've pruned just about everything to get everyone on the same playing field. I would've thought racials would've been the first thing to go.
11/10/2018 02:27 PMPosted by Healbotuser
Blizzard is just trying to force the player base to the alliance for both micro transactions and to even out the population.

It's mostly for micro transactions though. The faction imbalance isn't new, they just want money now to shore up the stock since it's down. They could had fixed the faction issue years ago but chose not to for the micro transactions of alliance players going horde.

The alliance as a rule WAS older players as a rule (like myself) who didn't like the whole monster theme in the horde (But so many flocked to Dreanei and especially female making me wonder about some of them)
Literally unplayable.

Alliance favoritism.

Rabble rabble.
It is not about the haste given through out an encounter, it is about the haste given when you pop it and your other CDs.
Controlled burst that you can line up with other damage Cooldowns when burst is needed is Wayyyyyy better than a passive 1%.
Ion admits

Ion is by far the worst thing that has ever happened to this game, ever. I know it. You know it. We all know it and there's a really good chance that the vast majority of the Blizzard staff knows it too. That one is very bad news for the future of WoW. I have never before said this ever about any Blizzard employee, but I honesty hope that he is let go. Whether they fire him for negligence or simply lay him of, it will not matter either way but he needs to go.

His presence is very negative to the game and to the player base as a whole. Not a single WoW player likes anything that he does and not a single WoW player wants it to continue.

Blood elf stuff is nerfed too. Their racial got replaced with something that is very ineffective. Why when it was that way for over a decade? Well Ion is doing exactly what he wants, ruining the game for the rest of us.
11/10/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Nuisense
As Ion would say... "Alliance NE racials are waiting for you."

That said (as Ion DOES say), I understand your pain. But, at some point Blizzard has to put the brakes on the Horde advantages in racials if they ever hope to stop the faction bleeding. Assuming this is what they are attempting. And if this is what they are attempting, expect more and worse to come.

The racials are already at parity.

11/10/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Hamstar
It is not about the haste given through out an encounter, it is about the haste given when you pop it and your other CDs.

I don't pvp or care about pvp.

11/10/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Buttercleave
At least your racial is still good. Lightforged explode in a dazzle of confetti for sucking and dying.

Did they get nerfed? Last I saw lightforged was the best race for a number of specs.
- Ion admits that Beserking is a bit too powerful of a racial ability for some classes and this is why it is receiving a small nerf.

What is this crap? Trying to force Trolls to race/faction change? Currently Berserking is 15% Haste for 10 seconds with a 180 second cooldown. This calculates to roughly .83% passive Haste which is LESS than the Goblin or NE racials. Yes we get this in a burst but that's why it calculates to LESS passive haste. Also don't forget Berserking has already been nerfed from 20% to 15%.

At a bare minimum if Berserking is nerfed we need a buff to Regeneration to offset our decreased damage with improved survivability. Trolls shouldn't have to suffer because of the race we chose. Heck, even just give us the same passive Haste as other races and I'd accept it; it would be a net buff.
If you care about racials, the Alliance is waiting for you.
Also because I don’t think I saw it posted it’s getting changed from 15% for 10 seconds to 10% for 12 seconds.
People transferred to horde because the racial abilities were better.

Making them even won't bring people back to the alliance. The majority of people that flipped horde would think, "why would I pay $25 (or whatever it is) and effectively gain nothing from it? If I stay horde, nothing really changes so *shrug*"

The only real way to fix it, is for alliance racial abilities to be made better than the horde options. Better to the point where it would actually be noticeably better. Then midway through people swapping back they would have to be made even (but this would be a SHADY AS HELL move for Blizzard to do and I wouldn't be in support of it, even if it did actually balance things out, and who knows if it would).

We are likely at a point where it is too late to really fix it. Too many expansions of having the main dev team ALL playing horde. For the sake of parity, it should never have been allowed or a thing. They should have been split as close to 50/50 as they possibly could, where half are legitimately playing as a horde main character and the other half are legitimately playing as an Alliance main character. That would be better for the game in a number of ways, which would make the game better as a whole.
Almost every dps classes top race is troll. The only people saying the nerf isn’t necessary are Horde players.

Having a controlled lust is obsurd. The reason it’s stronger than passive haste racials is because any decently smart player will overlap it with key utilities like pre-potting.
#1 racial for 60% of dps specs, gee I'm just shocked that it was nerfed
11/10/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Empowerments
Then change it, don't nerf it. It already calculates to less haste than other racials. Just give us the same passive 1% haste.

The haste isn't in a vacuum. If you stack it on a cooldown, that cooldown gains the haste value. The overall DPS output for burst haste stacked with your CDs is far, far higher than 1% haste. Yes, you are correct that you get less than 1% average haste, but that's absolutely irrelevant when it's 15% on demand haste that can go into a cooldown.