Berserking Nerfed!? What!?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
the alliance is so petty is kind of hilarious. Since they don't have that many good PvE racial, noone else can have any. Rather than asking blizzard for good PvE racials of your own, you demand good PvE racials while simultaneously demanding that horde racials get nerfed to the ground. Every single person who wants to act like a childish petty loser, just know, that is exactly what you are, and you should feel awful about yourself.
Or we can buff beast slaying. Increases crit by 1%
11/11/2018 03:29 AMPosted by Terranox
Or we can buff beast slaying. Increases crit by 1%

Remember when beast slaying was 5% increased damage vs beasts? Yea.
11/10/2018 02:22 PMPosted by Empowerments
This calculates to roughly .83% passive Haste which is LESS than the Goblin or NE racials

Come on you know its better then that, stacking a strong cd together with another cooldown is a lot better then just a small amount of a stat active the whole time.
You could literally gut all horde racials, or remove racials altogether, but it won't change anything. Alliance players literally need more incentive to raid an PvP. Whether that means more rewards or op racials, something along those lines needs to happen.
I guess too many players were going troll and it peaked above being the second least popular Horde race for a minute. What'll they nerf next, goblins?
11/11/2018 04:53 AMPosted by Tauntcheat
You could literally gut all horde racials, or remove racials altogether, but it won't change anything. Alliance players literally need more incentive to raid an PvP. Whether that means more rewards or op racials, something along those lines needs to happen.

No it doesnt. Make the playing field even and from there its the players choice.
tbh, Berserking is the best racial ability for casters or any class they needed haste.
It's a % nerf but a duration buff. I don't really see any significant difference this change will make.
11/10/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Lorisandre
Oh look, an OP racial got nerfed. Honestly, I would rather they either ditched racials, or buffed the crummy ones, but oh well.

And before you comment about the human racial, that crap is useless in pve. "You can't do that while stunned" like 45-50% of the time.

Or change them all into non combat ones. I have never found a use for the human racial since they changed presence of mind but I guess hordies are happy now.

Oops I guess they aren't since their racials are under attack now.
11/11/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Amine
11/10/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Lorisandre
Oh look, an OP racial got nerfed. Honestly, I would rather they either ditched racials, or buffed the crummy ones, but oh well.

And before you comment about the human racial, that crap is useless in pve. "You can't do that while stunned" like 45-50% of the time.

Or change them all into non combat ones. I have never found a use for the human racial since they changed presence of mind but I guess hordies are happy now.

Oops I guess they aren't since their racials are under attack now.

They could remove my racial entirely and it wouldnt bother me one bit. Some of us play the race* because we like it and not because were lemmings chasing a .4% dps gain
I am not sure how you could possibly say that a 1% haste buff overall is better than a 15% haste buff combined with CDs. An extra 15% haste for some classes is enough to hit certain haste break points during burn phases and CDs. Don't play dumb just because you don't want it to be nerfed.
11/11/2018 08:44 AMPosted by Spiçy

No it doesnt. Make the playing field even and from there its the players choice.
The only thing making things on an uneven playing field is the amount of top tier guilds on horde compared to alliance. With no racials there is still no incentive for horde to switch ally or for current ally to take it up a notch. Honestly, racials aren't holding back alliance, it is that the overall alliance playerbase is more casual than horde. Taking away racials does nothing to address the issues. It's funny that you mention the players choice, because this imbalance already reflects players choice.
11/11/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Tauntcheat
11/11/2018 08:44 AMPosted by Spiçy

The only thing making things on an uneven playing field is the amount of top tier guilds on horde compared to alliance. With no racials there is still no incentive for horde to switch ally or for current ally to take it up a notch. Honestly, racials aren't holding back alliance, it is that the overall alliance playerbase is more casual than horde. Taking away racials does nothing to address the issues. It's funny that you mention the players choice, because this imbalance already reflects players choice.

So your solution is to remove the players choice?

If everything is even and the alliance dont care enough, or dont have enough pride to change back then not much can be done to help them. We've been down the "overbuff to compensate" road too many times. When the alliance were outnumbering the horde they nerfed the alliance racials and people swarmed to horde and tilted it to the otherside. Doing it again wont result in even numbers, it will result in the same exact issue on the other end. So balance the damn game and let the players choose. If they choose one side over the other then so be it. At least it was their choice and not something forced down on them

Alliance needs more players who want to Raid and PVP at a high level. Almost all of the top Alliance Guilds have gone Horde because it became impossible to recruit.

The only way that will happen is for Blizzard to offer free faction xfers for Guilds.
11/11/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Ghaghzull
tbh, Berserking is the best racial ability for casters or any class they needed haste.

o.0

Blood mallet says for me it was dwarf, void elf, panda, goblin, and then troll in that order.

So if 5th is awesome then sure.
Honestly, incentivizing Alliance players to raid would be a fruitless effort. It's always been the more casual faction. Even back in Vanilla when the Alliance had the clear advantage in PvE (with exclusivity to extremely useful tools such as Fear Ward and paladin auras), there were still top Horde guilds vying for World Firsts and the like. I really don't think it's possible to change the dynamic.

I also don't think it's right to punish Horde players by nerfing their tools to the ground or push them to faction change -- it's not their fault that the Alliance by and large doesn't really care for raiding.
11/10/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Galadhir
I really wish they would just buff Alliance racials as opposed to nerfing Horde ones.

Well they do. But then they immediately nerf them.

Like the silent changes they made to velf.
11/10/2018 10:49 PMPosted by Zoumz
I'd take shadowmeld tho.

DEAL! I would give you an ability that is only really useful when your group is wiping for a mini personal Heroism! I would rather help my group survive then have a 50/50 chance of not getting killed while they do.
11/11/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Xukon
11/11/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Ghaghzull

o.0

Blood mallet says for me it was dwarf, void elf, panda, goblin, and then troll in that order.

So if 5th is awesome then sure.

I said it last time you brought this up, an extra 1% or so sustained is pretty meh. A mini-lust you can pop twice even in a relatively short raid fight to blast down a key mechanic is far, far more powerful.

If someone else's passive nets them another 200 sustained DPS, that's a grand total of 100k damage over a very long 9-minute fight. That's barely a second's worth of the final burn. Meanwhile almost every weakness window, insane mechanic buff, and key add spawn in the entire raid instance lasts about 15 seconds or less.

The first time you watch Mythic Fetid start munching a Mutated Mass, you will ache for anything anywhere near as universally useful as a mini-lust. Being able to stagger half your dps popping it on every spawn is extremely powerful.

Hell, even goblin jump is better than every Alliance racial combined for every single fight, including the dwarf self-cleanses. All of the Uldir fights are movement intensive. And it's not even the second-most obscenely powerful thing Horde has.