Berserking Nerfed!? What!?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
11/11/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Spiçy
<span class="truncated">...</span> The only thing making things on an uneven playing field is the amount of top tier guilds on horde compared to alliance. With no racials there is still no incentive for horde to switch ally or for current ally to take it up a notch. Honestly, racials aren't holding back alliance, it is that the overall alliance playerbase is more casual than horde. Taking away racials does nothing to address the issues. It's funny that you mention the players choice, because this imbalance already reflects players choice.

So your solution is to remove the players choice?

If everything is even and the alliance dont care enough, or dont have enough pride to change back then not much can be done to help them. We've been down the "overbuff to compensate" road too many times. When the alliance were outnumbering the horde they nerfed the alliance racials and people swarmed to horde and tilted it to the otherside. Doing it again wont result in even numbers, it will result in the same exact issue on the other end. So balance the damn game and let the players choose. If they choose one side over the other then so be it. At least it was their choice and not something forced down on them
you aren't actually offering any solutions, and you aren't focusing on the first half of what I said; incentive. That doesn't necessarily mean just op racials. If allies got more rewards etc, then that could be an incentive. Removing racials literally does nothing, because everybody would stay horde and more would gravitate towards us creating more imbalance. It's funny cause you said straight up that you dont care about imbalance. In fact, you're arguing for more.
11/10/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Spaceship
unless it doesn't work on npc's for some reason.

It doesn't work on much of anything you actually care about, no. True stuns are pretty rare in PVE (most are untyped), and most of them are either avoidable or so short there's no point using the racial anyway. Ditto for gnome Escape Artist, which off the top of my head might save you in the first three pulls of Underrot and that's about it.

The only significant Alliance PVE racials I can think of is Dwarf/DI Dwarf which were already two of the only three particularly good Alliance racials to begin with. Nelf, if you're on a class with a rez, is good for a few death-skips in M+ and not much else (those are usually gated by enemy forces bar anyway, and the same skips could have been done with any pre-stealthed druid). That's about it.

The racials are already at parity.

This is an utterly delusional thing to say, mister "I have two lusts and half my teammates have a mass dispel".

what game are you playing that you think 15% haste for 10 seconds is the same as 30% haste for 40 seconds?

Berserking is good because unlike most things in this game now, it isn't passive/rng chance to proc/etc and you get to control when you use it so you can use it when you know is best.

it's still going to be taken because it's an active ability that you can use under cooldowns. it's not strong because of the % amount, it's strong because it's actually something you can choose to use effectively. it will always be better for raiding.
11/11/2018 03:26 AMPosted by Zoopain
the alliance is so petty is kind of hilarious. Since they don't have that many good PvE racial, noone else can have any. Rather than asking blizzard for good PvE racials of your own, you demand good PvE racials while simultaneously demanding that horde racials get nerfed to the ground. Every single person who wants to act like a childish petty loser, just know, that is exactly what you are, and you should feel awful about yourself.

I'd gladly give up Berserking for NE racials. Trolls literally just have TWO good racials; Berserking and to a lesser degree Regeneration. NE's get passive Crit/Haste, Quickness for dodge/speed, Nature Resistance (which does see a little usefulness), and most of all SHADOWMELD, the single most OP active racial in the game. Stack on top of this that they get Wisp Form (fine whatever it's not great, but at least it's not a useless 20% XP buff when fighting beasts, which has ZERO use at max level) and NEs have far superior racials.

If NEs were available for the Horde I would gladly be one but since Blizzard wants racials to be so vastly out of whack with one another I have to settle for the ones I have; which are now being NERFED.

If everything is even and the alliance dont care enough, or dont have enough pride to change back then not much can be done to help them. We've been down the "overbuff to compensate" road too many times. When the alliance were outnumbering the horde they nerfed the alliance racials and people swarmed to horde and tilted it to the otherside. Doing it again wont result in even numbers, it will result in the same exact issue on the other end. So balance the damn game and let the players choose. If they choose one side over the other then so be it. At least it was their choice and not something forced down on them
you aren't actually offering any solutions, and you aren't focusing on the first half of what I said; incentive. That doesn't necessarily mean just op racials. If allies got more rewards etc, then that could be an incentive. Removing racials literally does nothing, because everybody would stay horde and more would gravitate towards us creating more imbalance. It's funny cause you said straight up that you dont care about imbalance. In fact, you're arguing for more.

I dont think they deserve any incentive. Balance the game and call it a day. I am all for nerfing out of line racials, im not looking for an advantage. I didnt even know what the Belf racial was when i created this character. If Alliance players choose the horde even when everything is balanced then thats on them. Its not blizzards job to make them have some resemblance of faction pride.

I know that this is going to meet resistance, but players are lemmings. They will mimic players they dont have half the skill of to try and get an edge that they arent anywhere near skilled enough to get. People want to pretend being alliance isnt a viable choice when I know that is completely wrong. The lemmings will jump ship for a .4% gain and then complain here that it wouldve been impossible to down raid bosses without that .4% and how it isnt fair that they were "forced" to faction change. The overwhelming vast majority of players are not pushing world first where these minor advantages really show yet they try to use stupid crap like "well the world first raiders are horde" to leverage their arguments as if it in some way shape or form is relevant to their situation.

The only thing id even think is remotely fair is blizzard made a small window for very discounted faction changes for guilds that want to hop back over, but i think the better solution would be to pay a guild like Method to jump over so that the lemmings can follow right in line and pretend that something has changed since a top guild is now alliance
11/10/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Empowerments
11/10/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Sinelus
Because a mini hero shouldn't even exist for any race.

Then change it, don't nerf it. It already calculates to less haste than other racials. Just give us the same passive 1% haste.

If it was passive, it wouldn't be problem at all.
Like Ion said, for some classes, classes which especially rely on damage from their burst phase, beserking is OP.
11/11/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Viviornitier
11/10/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Empowerments

Then change it, don't nerf it. It already calculates to less haste than other racials. Just give us the same passive 1% haste.

Like Ion said, for some classes, classes which especially rely on damage from their burst phase, beserking is OP.

And for some classes it's lackluster and lame. My point isn't don't change it, it's that if you truly believe it's OP then nerf it and buff something else so that we don't just have the worst racials in the game.
LOL @ anyone who plays a race because of its racials. Oh how sorry for you I feel.
11/10/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Shinitakunai
11/10/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Galadhir
I really wish they would just buff Alliance racials as opposed to nerfing Horde ones.
Shadowmeld is probably one of the best racials in pvp and pve for pve M+ skips meld is disgusting.

I think we all know which DH race has the superior racial, and it's not night elves.

11/11/2018 03:01 PMPosted by Empowerments
SHADOWMELD, the single most OP active racial in the game.

Wow, never seen that said before.

11/11/2018 03:26 AMPosted by Zoopain
the alliance is so petty is kind of hilarious. Since they don't have that many good PvE racial, noone else can have any.

Oh yeah, it's totally the Alliance's fault that Blizz decided to bring the troll racial in line.
You guy do realize if you keep complaining they'll remove racials too stop the complaints.
As much as I enjoy horde tears, this was long overdue.

Orc racials next.
Horde cries when Alliance has OP racial with humans and make fun of the human chars upset over it...now that its their turn to get nerfed...you cry and cry and cry and cry. Turn about is fair play.

/popcorn
if the racial provides such a small benefit why use it and why bother complaining if its getting nerfed

i dont use my racial its not really worth it
11/12/2018 09:14 AMPosted by Eldryce
Horde cries when Alliance has OP racial with humans and make fun of the human chars upset over it...now that its their turn to get nerfed...you cry and cry and cry and cry. Turn about is fair play.

/popcorn

you cant compare that nerf to this one

everyone who pvp'ed was going human for two free trinkets and that caused a lot of people who didnt want to faction change just to get the advantage of it this racial is minor at best and if what the numbers are saying is true than theres no real reason to nerf it in the first place

the human racial was a HUGE advantage over anyone else in pvp and was pretty broken
.80 something extra haste is not broken
People were calling for it to be outright removed. I'll gladly take a nerf over outright removal.

And it's like a 3% nerf, who seriously cares. This idiotic extreme min/max thing is hurting the game.

Trying to force Trolls to race/faction change?

lol no one will be feeling 'forced' to change over a freaking 3% nerf.
11/12/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Johnny
You guy do realize if you keep complaining they'll remove racials too stop the complaints.

I'd like to hope so. They've said before they regret adding racials to the game. Races should be aesthetic and not mechanical choices. At a minimum they need to remove combat racials and just have fun and cool racials.
11/10/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Skrudzhi
11/10/2018 02:22 PMPosted by Empowerments
Ion admits

Ion is by far the worst thing that has ever happened to this game, ever. I know it. You know it. We all know it and there's a really good chance that the vast majority of the Blizzard staff knows it too. That one is very bad news for the future of WoW. I have never before said this ever about any Blizzard employee, but I honesty hope that he is let go. Whether they fire him for negligence or simply lay him of, it will not matter either way but he needs to go.

His presence is very negative to the game and to the player base as a whole. Not a single WoW player likes anything that he does and not a single WoW player wants it to continue.

Blood elf stuff is nerfed too. Their racial got replaced with something that is very ineffective. Why when it was that way for over a decade? Well Ion is doing exactly what he wants, ruining the game for the rest of us.

I'd like to see how you obtained your information that allows you to say, without question, that "Not a single WoW player likes anything that he does and not a single WoW player wants it to continue."

Is there some bad stuff in wow right now, absolutely. But you, you little forum ID10T, aren't the voice of wow players everywhere.

Read his response.

It's fine if we have to faction change to his faction, but god forbid he might have to change to ours.

He doesn't care about balance. He cares about his quality of life. He's fine with anything as long as it doesn't negatively impact him.

Equality between factions? He's fine with it as long as there's no actual incentive for anyone to go alliance, because he knows the $25 + opportunity cost it takes to go alliance will keep everyone solidly horde.
11/11/2018 04:43 PMPosted by Empowerments
11/11/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Viviornitier

And for some classes it's lackluster and lame. My point isn't don't change it, it's that if you truly believe it's OP then nerf it and buff something else so that we don't just have the worst racials in the game.

Yeah. We wouldn't want troll to be gnomes...would we?
11/12/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Junò
11/12/2018 09:14 AMPosted by Eldryce

/popcorn

you cant compare that nerf to this one

everyone who pvp'ed was going human for two free trinkets and that caused a lot of people who didnt want to faction change just to get the advantage of it this racial is minor at best and if what the numbers are saying is true than theres no real reason to nerf it in the first place

the human racial was a HUGE advantage over anyone else in pvp and was pretty broken
.80 something extra haste is not broken

This is rich coming from someone who plays the faction that dominates Raids and Mythic+ dungeons because of how OP this exact racial ability has been in PvE for the past 10+ years.

"EMFH was a travisty! But a half-lust is fine and balanced"
11/10/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Dzdz
hOmOgEnIzE eVeRyThInG

Best description for BfA I've ever read