War Mode was a mistake

War Mode and World PvP
Because of sharding. PvP servers were fine before War Mode. Sharding is cancer. And they're thinking of using it in Classic because of launch worries ... Give them an inch ... I hate sharding. It's like they had good intentions, getting rid of PvP servers and making it a toggle, as if it you couldn't toggle PvP on a PvE server by typing /pvp in chat. Screw sharding. What's the point? To satisfy dumbdumbs that rolled on a PvP server and complained about getting ganked? Seeing as the goal is to make more money, couldn't players just transfer off PvP servers or re-roll on another server so they're subscribed longer? Did I mention sharding is poop?
Not to mention the horrendous lag that people have been getting with 40v40 in these shards. I don't remember it being that bad in Legion. Some lag with 60v60 fights, but never with 40v40.
11/10/2018 10:41 PMPosted by Feenix
Screw sharding. What's the point? To satisfy dumbdumbs that rolled on a PvP server and complained about getting ganked?

What? What does that have to do with sharding? Do you think Sharding is a War Mode Feature? lol

11/10/2018 11:13 PMPosted by Gràaka
Not to mention the horrendous lag that people have been getting with 40v40 in these shards. I don't remember it being that bad in Legion. Some lag with 60v60 fights, but never with 40v40.

There was sharding in Legion.
I use to like word pvp very much when the game was awesome. And I did like having separate servers, the warmode sharding at first I thought was brilliant, to have the option of being open to pvp or not, and the server doesn't matter and you have the option when you want to wpvp.

But then the realistic side of it became very apparent to me, and I hardly play now in warmode. Reasons for me , is i do not enjoy being alone and then 20 horde out of no where just rolls over me, I hardly ever see anyone soloing wpvp in warmode.. plus with out world defense now advertising what zones is being attacked. its hard to engage in wpvp in earlier zones not knowing if a place is getting attacked, I use to enjoy helping a lower getting ganked or town from a single opposite faction player. In the higher areas not only are we outnumbered most times but then here comes wondering 120 mobs getting involved. which this has always been a thing in game , but most wpvp years ago was in lower zones like GS and SS etc vs players our level, I was never a ganker of low lvl players.

And another thing I realized is if you are on a lower lvl toon and you get ganked , we would switch to a higher toon to go out to seek revenge.. it was fun, but now with sharding we cant. odds are that player is not going to be there.

I miss wow being more of a solo game pvp wise, maybe fight 1-2 .. but with warmode I always see droves of groups now.. If i was into large group play all the time I would probably play GW2. But I know this is not the fault of the game, its just how players do things nowadays. I am just waiting for classic now when wow was wow.
I miss my pvp server. I knew what I was getting into. I picked pvp server for a reason. Now while I play in warmode because I'm use to pvp servers, if I do a WQ, say one of the turtle ones, as soon as I finish it usually there are about 8 horde to my 1. Now I don't mind dying I just feel because of what warmode has created: the sharing and currently my realm has more horde compared to alliance, it just makes the wpvp dull. I don't mind a 1v2 but the sheer amounts I see compared to fellow alliance is astounding. I'm sure horde feel the same on their realms where alliance are the majority.