The Forums are Migrating

Wyrmrest Accord
At last, the Great Forum Migration begins. Quickly! We'll need to divvy up hunter-gatherer roles and prepare our temporary yurts for the long journey across the unforgiving tundr-

Wait, what do you mean it's not that kind of migration!?
The only thing that really irks me about this is how short notice it is. 24 hours is nowhere near enough time for everyone to gather their bearings, I think. :(

On a happier note, the new forums look like they'll be very impressive! I'm looking forward to tinkering with the HTML to improve some of the guides I've posted here over the years.
I'm not really a fan of no pages, but otherwise cool I guess. Too bad I mostly workpost so images don't make a big difference for me.
I'm mostly curious to see how these effects have on the General Discussion Section.

That place is filled with some wild and outrageous stuff. Now with these new rules being implemented I can only imagine what will be showing up there now.

Oooooooh I cant wait!
Wait wait wait...they're going to limit how many times we can post/reply?

:| That sounds dumb.
This post has been blocked from being viewed due to a lack of BlizTrust™️ Points.

In order to view this point, please donate points. If you wish to contest this claim, please speak to your community content manager.
11/12/2018 05:08 AMPosted by Bruticus
I'm not really a fan of no pages, but otherwise cool I guess. Too bad I mostly workpost so images don't make a big difference for me.

I don't think infinite scrolling is that big a deal. Go back a couple pages and most posts are irrelevant. It's taking a reddit feature and applying it somewhere that it's not needed.

Maybe in GD?
11/12/2018 05:08 AMPosted by Bruticus

I took a look at the other forums and there is a little progress bar that fills up to show how many posts you've gone through
11/11/2018 10:47 PMPosted by Enrik
This forum is going to decline into dank memes within a very short period of time.

Dank memes > the usual nonsense around here

and I hate dank memes
11/12/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Roshagar
This forum is going to decline into dank memes within a very short period of time.

Dank memes > the usual nonsense around here

and I hate dank memes
The problem is, I doubt they'll be funny.
What would be awful is if they made us choose from some preset avatars, and not our characters.

That would be unsub worthy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivqKTwmCmks
Should be interesting to see how it plays out, probably poorly. The WoW forums has a history of reacting negatively to ... well everything, and getting focused on trivial, stupid things. After all, we are the only forum that got the downvote option taken away. People (Mostly on the GD forum) would focus on numbers and ignore everything else. Wouldn't matter what the post said, so long as it was upvoted or downvoted. And now they're also fixating an obsession with the MVP program, like colored text actually changes and opinion.

So yeah interesting, but doubt the WoW community can be mature enough to handle it. After all, they only care about post counts/color of text/votes instead of what posts say. /shrug
The trust system from what I saw on that post about it is blatantly stupid. I love it already.
I'm waiting to see the Forum Cabal/Usual Suspects at like, Trust Level 1 or whatever, the nothing-of-nothing rank. I want to see people accuse Trust1 posters of some shadowy conspiracy of echo-chambering and dogpiling.
What trust level can you reach if you curse like a sailor?

I'll probably be that rank.

Oh, that rank is banned.

Hm.
A blatant attempt to capitalize on the Reddit craze.

Good.
I for one welcome the dank maymays.
11/12/2018 04:55 PMPosted by Baenura
I'm waiting to see the Forum Cabal/Usual Suspects at like, Trust Level 1 or whatever, the nothing-of-nothing rank. I want to see people accuse Trust1 posters of some shadowy conspiracy of echo-chambering and dogpiling.

That just made me imagine anyone with any sort of trust level getting called a Blizzard shill or white knight if they try to say something positive about the game.

On the upside, maybe the Story Forum will eat each other. People RP the faction conflict over there more than they talk about the lore of it.
11/12/2018 01:09 AMPosted by Raynell
At last, the Great Forum Migration begins. Quickly! We'll need to divvy up hunter-gatherer roles and prepare our temporary yurts for the long journey across the unforgiving tundr-

Wait, what do you mean it's not that kind of migration!?

I saw the title and thought of forum admins on horses, herding the threads like steer.