Classic Dev office has #nochanges

Classic Discussion
That's nice. If only they had any control over their own project. They can have whatever they want on those whiteboards but the higher up will still come in and tell them how to make their game.
11/11/2018 06:45 PMPosted by Dasnake
11/11/2018 06:41 PMPosted by Nufan
#nochanges #exceptonesthatsaveBlizzmoneyonhardwareandCS
Not doing Classic at all would save a ton of hardware and cs…

And it would not bring back the 5 mil subs that refuse to play the thing that wow turned into. I know at least 20 people at my work that haven't played wow in years because of what it became that are suddenly interested in playing classic.
11/11/2018 06:53 PMPosted by Ghan
That's nice. If only they had any control over their own project. They can have whatever they want on those whiteboards but the higher up will still come in and tell them how to make their game.

Unless the higher ups wrote it
Frack server merges. No merges, no combined server crap with the phasing, none of that crap. That kills communities of mature servers far more than a week of freaking sharding would.

FOH.
That would mean they are actually taking notes from what Classic fans are asking for ... There still is some of the "old Blizzard" alive in that Activision-Blizzard monstrosity if that is true and they deliver.
No one wants a Guild Bank?!
11/12/2018 02:46 AMPosted by Jonular
No one wants a Guild Bank?!

The guild treasurer runs 5 level ones to the bank poof guild bank
11/11/2018 06:16 PMPosted by Espur
11/11/2018 05:58 PMPosted by Jefra
Then Ion said screw your billboard here's sharding.

Ion's the lead dev on live WoW, I'd be shocked if he was a part of Classic.

Ion I believe over sees the project as Ion is WoW lead dev as there is no need to hire a lead dev exclusively for classic however all account points to that he doesn't have his hand as deep into classic as he does retail. However the decision of sharding and important things like that I do believe goes through Ion.