If Things go South on Tuesday, I'll Say My Goodbyes Here (RE New Forums)

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14
11/12/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Lillyann
*salutes GD*

/salute
The new forums will be great at drowning out dissent and making the forums a fanboy circle jerk.

It doesn't really matter, not like Blizz cares about what people post on the forums anyway.
11/12/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Ohgodmyeyes
Apparently it's somehow logical to suggest that we have more freedom on these forums than we will on the new ones. It's idiotic -- if posting negatively about the game was worth a punitive action, it would draw punitive actions here -- and it doesn't.

So yeah, if someone thinks a systems change is going to alter that, they're paranoid or toxic.

I can give you MOUNDS of evidence of being put on vacation because i went against a greens "opinion" or a blues "opinion" where the reasons given for the vacation were stretched to "fit" the reason for the vacation. I also have MOUNDS of emails from GM;s that contradict other CM/GM's reasons for the same suspensions. Emails where you have 2 GM's agreeing that they would have never given a vacation for something that does not even fit the reason, and they uphold the vacation because they NEVER go against another GM, and its is said as such in email exchanges. I have ALL of that and i am not allowed to post it in my defense, or to show total bias between one GM/CM, and others doing the same job.

You think the new forums will be fair to all? Not close Mr insult.

This new forum will suppress people for not singing the praises of Blizz 24/7.
11/12/2018 11:04 AMPosted by Blitzkareeg
You think the new forums will be fair to all?

For people that can behave like adults? Yep.

No, it won't. Because this forum doesn't do so.
11/11/2018 08:44 PMPosted by Arron
Possible in-game suspensions to mirror forum suspensions
What? Is this for real? I've been banned a few times from the forums seemingly because my post included the words "High Elves" in it (appeal just tells me to read the Code of Conduct so I still don't know what I ever do wrong). But at least I could still play WoW. If they make it so you get a ban in-game based on how many people report a post on the forums, that's really bad news!
11/12/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Ohgodmyeyes
11/12/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Alienmidget
But, even the existing system is limiting free speech by the soyboy moderators.

You don't have, nor have you ever had, freedom of speech on these forums.

11/12/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Alienmidget
days because i said my belief is: males that play female characters are not real men.

Yeah, so this would be you directly insulting a large portion of their playerbase, which is absolutely grounds for a suspension.

Wait! But you calling a huge bunch of players "jack Wagons"(without zero proof of them being anything but just another player expressing a "opinion" just like you) is not grounds?
WOW!
I can give you MOUNDS of evidence of being put on vacation because i went against a greens "opinion" or a blues "opinion" where the reasons given for the vacation were stretched to "fit" the reason for the vacation.

I was recently banned for saying Vulpera deserve the purge squads, with the ban reason being "real life threats".
Apparently furries moderate this forum and they're exceptionally easy to buttfluster.
11/12/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Joyeuse
Is this for real?

No, no it is not. It is unsubstantiated rumor.
11/12/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Ohgodmyeyes
You think the new forums will be fair to all?

For people that can behave like adults? Yep.

No, it won't. Because this forum doesn't do so.

THIS forum does not have a social scoring system that is based on being a good servant of Blizzard.
11/12/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Blitzkareeg
But you calling a huge bunch of players "jack Wagons"(without zero proof of them being anything but just another player expressing a "opinion" just like you) is not grounds?

If you're going to malign me, it's unwise to do it in a context where I can reference my exact words.

Or criticize them without acting like you're incapable of doing so without raging at your keyboard.

I like how people are pretending that criticism is going to be some kind of thought crime -- as though moderators will have any greater power on the new forums than they do on these.

I know this might come as a shock to some -- but you don't have and have never had freedom of speech on these forums. Mods can remove your posts and your ability to post with ZERO recourse from you.

That won't change on the new forums, and if you think there's going to be some instantaneous shift on the new system, it's because you're either paranoid or because you are a toxic jackwagon who doesn't want to change.

11/12/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Blitzkareeg
THIS forum does not have a social scoring system that is based on being a good servant of Blizzard.

Neither does Overwatch, or Heroes of the Storm -- because it's not about being a 'good servant'.
11/12/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Hypêrspace
in order to navigate the new forum rules, the following will be required:

- no personal opinions that go against whatever the new paradigm (which is really just an old paradigm come back for a visit) happens to be (this changes day to day and month to month so successful navigation is literally impossible. eventually it eats everyone in its path).

- no personal opinions that go against either faction in the game and especially against the favored faction at the time.

- no posts about the following - high elves, dev bias, features that are embraced by some but not others, broken aspects that some enjoy in their broken state. this will result in a feeding frenzy.

- anything to do with the opposite sex or in-game genders, innuendo, preferences

- anything even remotely political. time to vote? dont mention it, no matter who the candidate is, cause the opposite party will ding ya for it.

there's more, i'm just not entirely awake yet.

You are not wrong, and theres so much more they will use to judge. Its just a lazy way to get rid of anyone who disagrees with their 'vision".
11/12/2018 11:16 AMPosted by Blitzkareeg
Its just a lazy way to get rid of anyone who disagrees with their 'vision".

Again.. no.

If they were going to do that, they'd be doing it already. And, what's more, they'd be doing it on the forums that are already on the new system. Neither of which is actually happening.
11/11/2018 08:44 PMPosted by Arron
Now, I have some serious concerns with what I've heard about it thus far;
- "Trust levels" dictating the frequency, and content, of user posts.
- No guarantee that users will be able to post as characters rather than their account name.
- Flagging system left open to abuse.
- Possible in-game suspensions to mirror forum suspensions.
- Stricter guidelines of "acceptable" posts

First, Pardon for me skipping 14 pages and repeating anything someone else has said. Second, as someone who posted and was around when OW had their forum change, I can tell you a couple things to expect.

The trust thing only really limits how many likes you can give out a day, and restricts your ability to post links, gifs, pictures, things like that. If you are an active person who reads a lot of threads and talks a lot in the forums and likes a lot of stuff, it wont be hard to build up your trust level.

Yes people flag things, but most of the time it takes A LOT of flags and its usually for something that is clearly hateful against others. If you try to flag someone just for being Horde or Ally, it's not going to do anything. It takes a lot of flags. However, they are more strict now. Personal insults of any kind or just posts that are nasty and insulting of someone else who is posting, usually will get you silenced. Reading a couple responses to things around here lately and I know there are going to be people who will be suspended. Maybe the Dev's here still stay just as laxed as they have been. Who knows.

Not sure about the in game thing or profiles. Overwatch and HotS are more your account and not you playing as your own toon. So I will be interested to see how that plays out.

As someone who was used to the way these forums work, I will admit that I HATED the new forums when OW did their change over. The infinite scrolling instead of pages. ugh. Loathed it. But after a while, it was not that hard to get used to and I am a very stubborn person. I only recently came back here and have forgotten that I need to refresh the page now to see new posts on a topic. They don't just load automatically. If you love talking here and to the people here, I say do stick around and give them a try. It's going to be painful at first.. but once you get used to it, it's not as bad. This coming from someone who really hated the new forums at first.

The only thing I still hate is the reset of the number of posts people have made. That is horrible. 14 years (i assume) of people posting here and that number will be wiped. That part sucks.
If they are full of more censorship and control by those who shouldnt have a say then it will be a ghost town with in 3 months of launch. I foresee a huge abuse with the flagging feature just like on craigslist.

Star Wars had it right. The more you tighten your grip, the more star systems will slip thru your fingers.

This how liberty dies, with thunderous applause.
If it's bad then I won't be using it, reading or posting. It's really that simple.
Stay Golden Ponyboy.
I don't really care. I am a little surprised it has taken them this long to normalize all the forums to use the same system. I mean we have been !@#$%ing about this one being broken, we seem to lose post history every couple of weeks...
11/11/2018 08:50 PMPosted by Rosenivy
I'm honestly more butthurt the post count is getting wiped -_-

I mean. Yeah it'll be nice for people to not insult me anymore about my post count. But I was still oddly proud of it. I started going to the forums sometime in Wrath. Only taking a long break to basically skip WoD because I just was not in the mood for more orcs.

:(

omg that post count lol. Calm down with your posting man.
Being able to keep track of topics I care about or posted in, as well as being able to have it set up so that I get a notification if someone responds to something I said, etc, is helpful.
11/11/2018 08:57 PMPosted by Xisa
11/11/2018 08:56 PMPosted by Orthane
Ugh, just another thing the current WoW team is going to ruin. GD was the last bastion of greatness tbh.

The "Improved" OW forums are God awful and I don't even bother going to them anymore, I really wish they would just leave the forums alone. Why can't Blizz learn to stop fixing things that aren't broken, they only make it worse every time.

Because they don't care about your feedback.

Have you actually played this expansion?

It's also "You don't know what you want, don't you have mobile phones?"

Blizztivision ruins whatever it claims to 'improve'.

(I don't call it "Actizard" because it sounds like a Pokemon)