The death of BFA

General Discussion
WoW is hemorrhaging players this toon was in my servers largest PVP guild regularly running RBG’s, world pvp etc. The guild when I left it was desolate down from max players to about 20
Who hadn’t logged on in 15+ days.This isn’t an isolated incident either other people from massive guilds that are empty now report the same thing.

You only have to look at trade chat to see all guilds recruiting to fill core spots on raid teams as people leave by the dozens. Slow clap for ion and his incompetence.

Before all the blizz defenders come this is the worst I have seen the population ever.
It was like this in WoD.

Just lack of interesting content, heavy grinding, and loss of real server community - or community in general.
It must be an alliance thing...
11/12/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Orienn
It must be an alliance thing...
They went Horde.
Players always come and go.

Every expansion or content patch was going to be the death of everything and yet it wasn’t.
It's just a Vocal Minority™ all the "Real" players are fine and happy.
omg wow is dead guyz theres gonna be no more expansions flee and panic guyz
I see tons of people playing, during prime time theres like 20+ people on in my guild we raid, do rbgs/pvp no one is talking about quitting. Maybe you should join a more active server, or maybe convert to horde lol.
Healbot is right there is no more server community like we had in previous xpacs.
Excerpted from the list of Official Talking Points™...

No one has left the game.

It has always been this way in every expansion.

No one ever leaves the game.

The game is really busy.

There are lots of players busily grinding away at their progress on every realm, including many new players who were drawn by the universal appeal of azerite armor and 3 expansions of Pathfinder.

If this is not what you are observing, you should disregard your observations.

I like those completely made up strawmen ones.

I challenge you to link to posts saying "no one has left the game" and "no one ever leaves the game"
Even if your server cluster represented every other server cluster (it doesn't) you would need to have characters on enough clusters, in guilds, with regular playtime to even make such an "observation".

Cool story and all, but my server cluster is crowded. There's people literally everywhere. 4 minute DPS queues. But I digress as I don't have enough players on enough servers to even form an opinion.

If you guys were progression whiners, you're at end game and you're running out of things to do.
11/12/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Snowfox

I challenge you to link to posts saying "no one has left the game" and "no one ever leaves the game"

This. But make believe is so much more fun than reality.
People just take a break. If wow dies a priest will ress it a few moments later.
There is little to no replay value in BFA. You need to accomplish everything on your main to unlock allied races, pathfinder, etc... There is little reason to level alts and go through the Azerite Grind with them.

The only reason I have multiple 120s right now is because of Polished Pet Charm world quests. Other than those, I have no incentive to level my alts to 120. They can do everything I need them to do at 110. They don't get more powerful as they level and there is no character progression or new story for me to seek out with them.

I don't have to. I don't owe you anything. You are among the worst of the offenders who keep repeating these endlessly.

"Give me proof! I need exact numbers with links to inside Blizzard sources or I get to claim that my own totally unsubstantiated factoids are proven to be true!"

You only have to look in this thread to see several posters claiming that the game is as busy as ever.

Here's a few I left out.
"People who post in the forum saying they are leaving never leave, and never intended to leave. They just post to get attention and try to convince other players to leave the game."

"The only players who actually leave the game are those who come to the forums, read what some troll said, and decide that even though they are perfectly happy with everything about the game, they will unsub. Because people are sheep."
I'm just logging in to do my 10, raid, then I play other MMOs. This expansion is dry of good content. An endless grind with a full on RNG gear and rewards system. BFA is a horrible xpac so far.

I don't have to. I don't owe you anything. You are among the worst of the offenders who keep repeating these endlessly.

"Give me proof! I need exact numbers with links to inside Blizzard sources or I get to claim that my own totally unsubstantiated factoids are proven to be true!"

You only have to look in this thread to see several posters claiming that the game is as busy as ever.

Here's a few I left out.
"People who post in the forum saying they are leaving never leave, and never intended to leave. They just post to get attention and try to convince other players to leave the game."

"The only players who actually leave the game are those who come to the forums, read what some troll said, and decide that even though they are perfectly happy with everything about the game, they will unsub. Because people are sheep."

I guess people should only repeat things endlessly if they are anti-Blizzard.

Yeah, I do kind of have a thing that I like proof.

When people just make wild doomsaying claims, with their 'evidence' pulled purely out of their rear ends - I do tend to call them on that and say "hey, you're pulling that from your butt, you don't have actual evidence"

Then they come back with their 'feelings' about it and how whatever they are pushing is 'obvious'... and I have to be nice, because it's their feelings and they'll get hurt if I tell them their feelings and opinions are worthless.. because that's all they are. They aren't facts. They aren't data. They're just somebody's random and nasty feelings.

You're right, I think I do repeat that loop a lot.