How are Professions doing right now?

Professions
Apologizes in advanced if these is one of those "yet another post of the same question" type but quick cursory glance over forums didn't reveal anything similar.

As the title says as it stands right now with BfA and with upcoming content, how are professions looking? Are they worth delving into to get maxed out at current or is it better to just pass on them? I only ask cause it seems like no matter where you look anymore it seems like professions are getting hit left and right with an ugly stick but regardless I figured to come hit forums and see what I could gleam from everyone here.

My inquiry into the professions is more of a general question for all professions as I am not sure what to take for my warrior but I know the obvious choice would be mining/blacksmithing combo. First toon on a new server so I figured it might be better to cover all bases in case something else might be better off to get right now.

Thanks in advanced for any and all info on the professions.
This is just my own personal take. I hate it. I used to very much enjoy professions. Since late Vanilla, I used crafting to make myself gear, and later for alts. I did enchanting for friends, and later, when I joined a guild, for guildies. When I rolled some pure gatherers, I would sometimes spend HOURS just gathering mostly to get mats for guild bank flasks and such.

Now? Everything cost so much, mats-wise. As an enchanter, I barely scrap since I need so much mats to even LEVEL my enchanting. The rank system (one of the worse, just IMO, that they added in Legion) has been carried over. For crafters, various items need some BoP mats. And right off the bat, they have THREE BoP mats (think of things like Chaos orbs or motes of harmony in the past) at the same time. If you have a gatherer, or perhaps a crater who doesn't NEED those items, they cannot (at this time) be sent to alts, traded or even used as currency. In Legion such mats were NEVER converted to BoE (as they were in earlier expansions).

I go out of my way to do World Quests that give gear because I need enchanting mats. I do Warfronts when I have no use for 340 gear because I need the crystals. (It might take awhile, but it has almost no wait time and you are GUARANTEED a purple).

If you want to make flasks, they require a very rare herb. You are pretty much at the mercy of RNG. I know people say "just gather many, they will spawn." I just spent about an hour, getting a bunch of OTHER herbs and did not see a SINGLE Anchor Weed. Trying to get them so that I can FINALLY get rank 3 for gathering Anchor Weed. I came away frustrated and angry, and felt that I had wasted my time.

Hopefully, other people will post with more positive experiences with professions. It seems like skinning is pretty good. I have not yet brought out my mining toon, so don't know about that one. Whatever you choose, good luck and I certainly hope you enjoy it much better than I do. :)
Only a waste of time and waste of mats , a big piece of the game left way behind.
BFA doesn't worth it anyways
All professions are being removed in the next expac so they have been weening us off them currently.
Professions are a joke currently. Nothing fun to do with them and most of the time if you use anything aside from a gathering profession to make gold then you'll just end up losing gold instead. It sucks.
Haven't really been on in a few weeks, things might have changed. But the most profitable BfA professions at the moment are herbalism and maybe mining, but there are significantly less nodes to gather ore from. Most of the professions are struggling and selling goods at or below the cost to craft them.

Depending on your raiding level, the armor crafting professions might be worthwhile, with blacksmithing, leatherworking, and tailoring each able to eventually craft 2 slots of 385 ilvl BoP gear. In 8.1, they will supposedly be able to craft 400 / 415 gear with jewelcrafting joining the party and possibly alchemy getting a BoP trinket.

However, Pandaria Engineering should still be profitable making Sky Golems once a month, Broken Isles Inscription is still making me gold, and tailoring / enchanting should still be somewhat profitable as gathering professions (cloth gathering and DE fodder).
Professions are just not fun anymore. They have not been enjoyable since TBC, maybe Wrath. Currently the RNG for crafted items makes any effort you put in feel horrible if you dont get the stats you want. Early in BFA I did my 2 weeks of mythic dungeons for my hydrocores and crafted the legs.... crit/vers was the result and my 2 worst stats. It felt like such a waste of my time and effort.

I'm a blacksmith and I have no idea why they dont allow you to use JC gems to determine the stats on your crafted gear. This would also help make gems viable for longer and help fix JC. Not being able to make weapons or viable armor to quest with or level with is stupid.

The only viable professions that make any gold are herbalism/alchemy/enchanting. Because there is a constant demand for it. Professions are in such a horrible place at the moment it's not worth doing any others.

I miss being able to craft different tiers of weapons in TBC that leveled with the content. Maybe crafting some armor for an alt to use that wasn't instantly taken over or not as good as quest gear. There is currently no point to leveling anything other than enchanting/alchemy as a primary or just gathering professions.

I want crafting to make an impact again... I want to find usefulness in it. I used to seek out every pattern I could find and now I get it to max for the achieve and forget about it. The rank system also sucks, random chance to get higher tiers or locking them behind random aspects of the game isn't fun.
11/13/2018 05:37 AMPosted by Sonagen
All professions are being removed in the next expac so they have been weening us off them currently.
Source?
Thanks for the replies everyone. Well from the way it all sounds professions might be a waiting game to see what happens then.

Also, I have been seeing it float around for a couple of weeks now in different forums and I usually ignore it but since it is coming up more and more, where is everyone getting the info about professions being removed?
11/14/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Eitrue
Thanks for the replies everyone. Well from the way it all sounds professions might be a waiting game to see what happens then.

Also, I have been seeing it float around for a couple of weeks now in different forums and I usually ignore it but since it is coming up more and more, where is everyone getting the info about professions being removed?

Pretty sure it is just one player spreading rumors, I haven't heard or seen anything official and I am pretty sure the internet would break if Blizzard had even half commented on the topic.

Even if it was true, nothing would happen for at least another 2 years.
I've felt useless since Legion launched as an Engineer. Free glider is nice but they disabled it in instances because Demon Hunters needed to be special.