Mvps Getting Nerf Bat?

General Discussion
Are they still gonna be OP? Or are they gonna be removed in new forums? No hostility, just curious.
11/13/2018 04:58 AMPosted by Crookedmán
Are they still gonna be OP? Or are they gonna be removed in new forums? No hostility, just curious.

What do you mean by OP here? That has a specific meaning on the forums.
OP with their fancy green text haha.
11/13/2018 04:58 AMPosted by Crookedmán
With the way they're vehemently defending it I suspect they get perks like being permanently Level 3.

EDIT:
11/13/2018 05:03 AMPosted by Crookedmán
OP with their fancy green text haha.

Oh that, yeah probably.
How are they OP? don't they just have green text?
Well the new forums announcement got 404'D so, dont hold your breath
Bow before the power....
....our overpowered Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
11/13/2018 05:05 AMPosted by Slayr
Indeed. With the announcement article taken down, who knows what's up.
11/13/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Levíathan
Bow before the power....

I’m trying to not get my hopes up.

p.s. The maintenance was supposed to start 18 minutes ago, right?

p.p.s. Nm got my times mixed up. Ends at 5 PST, not start.
Oops. I ate the new forum code. It was either that or Ensure for breakfast. Whacky code tastes better. ^_^
Well okay maybe I have a little hostility towards mvp. They have the fel power in their text.
Weird thing is, I believe WyomingMist is an MVP on the Overwatch fora, but for some reason does not have different colored text there (I can't find any green text on any of the Discourse based fora actually). I guess they display differently on Discourse software.
11/13/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Levíathan
Bow before the power....

Well... do you know what's up? It would be nice to know if they've canceled or decided to postpone.
11/13/2018 05:31 AMPosted by Kirela
Well... do you know what's up? It would be nice to know if they've canceled or decided to postpone.

If there were any backend snafus at the last minute (which can eeeeeeeeeasily happen with a major forum transition like this), then it'll be postponed until at least next week likely. If it was something minor but that needed rectifying ASAP, we could still see it happen later today or soon afterward.

We'll know soon enough. No sense in worrying about it really, as we can't do anything about it on our end.
Since the maintenance page has gone missing would a potential reason be that one or more of the larger investment houses got wind of the whole social credit system Blizzard thought to implement here on the forums with paying customers (yeah get over your ToS legalese replies cause in the world of money: Money talks b.s. walks) and was told by those investors that ATVI could expect much further drops if it went forward?

One can hope

#SellShortATVI
11/13/2018 05:31 AMPosted by Kirela
Bow before the power....
....our overpowered Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen<span class="truncated">...</span>Indeed. With the announcement article taken down, who knows what's up.

I doubt MVPs know any more than us when it comes to that stuff. It would be nice if we had some kind of person that works at Blizzard to communicate. Something like a... blue? Idk just a thought
11/13/2018 05:31 AMPosted by Tiapriestess
Weird thing is, I believe WyomingMist is an MVP on the Overwatch fora, but for some reason does not have different colored text there (I can't find any green text on any of the Discourse based fora actually). I guess they display differently on Discourse software.
WM probably knows the whole story, but there seems to be internal debate/discussion on how the coloring should work (all forums? specific forums?, etc) Despite that, the ability does exist and I believe it's in use on the new EU forums.
WM probably knows the whole story, but there seems to be internal debate/discussion on how the coloring works (all forums? Specific forums?, etc) Despite that, the ability does exist and I believe it's in use on the new EU forums.

Thing is, his posts don't even have his MVP tag. That's why I'm wondering how they're differentiated visually. :)
11/13/2018 06:05 AMPosted by Tyierin
It would be nice if we had some kind of person that works at Blizzard to communicate. Something like a... blue? Idk just a thought
I agree. It'd be nice since they overtly announced, but then mysteriously removed it.
11/13/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Tiapriestess
Thing is, his posts don't even have his MVP tag. That's why I'm wondering how they're differentiated visually. :)

TBH I didn't even know he was an MVP on the OW forums. All I knew is that he did the OWL threads.
11/13/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Awkward
11/13/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Tiapriestess

TBH I didn't even know he was an MVP on the OW forums. All I knew is that he did the OWL threads.

He is a Tech Support MVP (and kind of a general MVP even though they don't have a program for that in OW) and posts in Green on this forum and the other old style forums. He is the ONLY MVP for OW so they did not make green text for him yet. Hopefully they fix that soon. They already fixed it on the EU boards.