How the hell caracter transfer price increase to 100%

General Discussion
Post ladder are starting up here! come and see how its cool :)
It’s quite mad.... something about prices...
Character transfer prices have never increased. They started at $25 USD and remain at $25 USD to this day.

If it is higher than that for you, it is due to a currency conversion or your home state/province levying sales tax.

You never paid $15 for a transfer unless you happened to purchase one when there was a sale going -- of which I believe there were maybe four that lasted a couple of weeks each in the last decade.
11/13/2018 08:19 AMPosted by Helltac
I play wow for longtime what the hell i paid 15USD and now its like 28 or 30 USD Holy molly this a freaking joke..... How that can cost that much to exfer... Its really pathetic... make to 100$ would be better ... And btw if you change Faction you probably want to cahnge SERVER BECAUSE YOU DONT PLAY IN THIS FACTION ANYMORE CAN YOU PLEASE GET EVOLVE AND PUT A BRAIN TO ON AND CHANGE THIS.... Seriously ....

Thanks AND GODBLESS YOU.

Pay with tokens.

/thread
yikes.
You must have gotten yours while it was on a special sale.
I seem to remember a weird sale a couple of years ago that seemed really random.
Or you might be thinking of another game.
Upping the price would be a little awkward as well and would result in 0 sales.

I would suggest thinking about what game it could have actually been before getting confused... And paying a little bit more attention in your English Writing classes.
Don't agree with the price? Don't pay it.
I has been a standard $25 since it was added back in 2006, if you bought it for less it was probably during a promotional sale that was going on (we have had a few of them over the years).
there have been times when BLizzard held sales; you mustve gotten you transfer at that time luckyyou
11/13/2018 08:19 AMPosted by Helltac
I play wow for longtime what the hell i paid 15USD and now its like 28 or 30 USD Holy molly this a freaking joke..... How that can cost that much to exfer... Its really pathetic... make to 100$ would be better ... And btw if you change Faction you probably want to cahnge SERVER BECAUSE YOU DONT PLAY IN THIS FACTION ANYMORE CAN YOU PLEASE GET EVOLVE AND PUT A BRAIN TO ON AND CHANGE THIS.... Seriously ....

Thanks AND GODBLESS YOU.

This is an amazing first post.
Holy molly this a freaking joke.....

Really hoping for a priest or paladin named Molly to show up to this thread and tell him it's not a joke.
It is Blizzard's publicly stated policy to "overprice" realm transfers, in order to discourage players from using them.

If they were $5, hundreds of thousands of players would transfer every month (transfer, then transfer back in a couple days for $10 round trip), just to play on multiple auction houses. Blizzard thinks that would hurt the game, so the round trip costs $50.

On the other side, they are not SO high in price that players who really want to change servers can't afford to. Nobody who plays this game can't afford $25. It costs me $80/mo just for high speed internet access.
11/13/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Gabhar
Holy molly this a freaking joke.....

Really hoping for a priest or paladin named Molly to show up to this thread and tell him it's not a joke.

Ha! this made ma laugh when I read it Gabhar. Me too.
People used to switch to Brazil to use the Brazil Bux (what they are definitely called) because it was close to half the price, then switch back to US.
11/13/2018 08:23 AMPosted by Ohgodmyeyes
Character transfer prices have never increased. They started at $25 USD and remain at $25 USD to this day.

If it is higher than that for you, it is due to a currency conversion or your home state/province levying sales tax.

You never paid $15 for a transfer unless you happened to purchase one when there was a sale going -- of which I believe there were maybe four that lasted a couple of weeks each in the last decade.

This is what i was thinking lol. In my head like "hmmm i thought it was always $25."

Welcome to the forums.
11/13/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Arron

Welcome to the forums.

Tough count 1
Re-rolling on a new server is free.

Character transfer costs what it costs.
i can post 1000 post easy. But its useless if you are nothing to say.... What do you thing about this ARRON!......

actually im at 3 now :) its more acceptable i can post now? or what...

i can make a post every day to be more higher in post ladder guys Lol pathetic.

thanks for the other ppl answer with a real answer.

Thanks AND GODBLESS YOU.

Why not actually THINK your actions first so that you do NOT have to pay for a service in the first place?

If you had, you probably would not be complaining about having to pay to do this now.