Eye of the Storm - BASES

Battlegrounds
Can someone explain to me why there is no capable flags on the bases of Eye of the Storm. Standing around with a few other people or going solo when someone ghosts a base fees awful. The RBG version and AB feel so fun because you can use ability and skill to cap a base
the rbg map is much better idk why they kept the old one for randoms
Eye of the Storm is supposed to be an odd place in the nether with little resemblance to normal terrain. Personally I find the different capping mechanic to be interesting and in some ways better than the flag based capping mechanic.

For example, the flag based capping mechanic has made it far more difficult to take points in Arathi Basin this expansion due to the new slower PVP pace, since there's more time for reinforcements to get there so there's no requirement for teams to react quickly to incoming calls. The Eye of the Storm mechanic is less sensitive to this change.

It's strange that a lot of RBG players prefer the old style mechanic in RBG Eye, since they're the ones that are supposed to be skilled enough to deal with variability in mechanics.
11/13/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Yarrow
Eye of the Storm is supposed to be an odd place in the nether with little resemblance to normal terrain. Personally I find the different capping mechanic to be interesting and in some ways better than the flag based capping mechanic.

For example, the flag based capping mechanic has made it far more difficult to take points in Arathi Basin this expansion due to the new slower PVP pace, since there's more time for reinforcements to get there so there's no requirement for teams to react quickly to incoming calls. The Eye of the Storm mechanic is less sensitive to this change.

It's strange that a lot of RBG players prefer the old style mechanic in RBG Eye, since they're the ones that are supposed to be skilled enough to deal with variability in mechanics.

I just am not a fan of it when playing my rogue and I think a lot of people agree. It’s fun being able to claim the base by flipping the flag. I’d be interested to see how many people like the normal version instead of the RBG version! It’s just fun to ninja cap on that map on classes that can it’s just odd blizzard made this one the “stand inside to cap” way
11/13/2018 11:14 AMPosted by Scizor
the rbg map is much better idk why they kept the old one for randoms

Yea doesn’t appeal to me at all, the RBG version is actually really fun because it’s a small map and 4 flags to cap on.

Exactly. I very much prefer a no flag-cap map. Makes for much better resource management which only adds to the requirement for skill and coordination to win.
My friend likes to run the flags.
11/13/2018 05:59 PMPosted by Utterly

Exactly. I very much prefer a no flag-cap map. Makes for much better resource management which only adds to the requirement for skill and coordination to win.

Base sitting is too easy in casual EOTS imo. Also the non flag cap part of it makes too many people rush bases and then mid gets ignored. I sincerely wish that casual EOTS at least had flags to cap for bases like the rated version does, rocks in the middle or not.
I very much prefer a no flag-cap map. Makes for much better resource management which only adds to the requirement for skill and coordination to win.

Are you serious? There's no skill and coordination needed on bases that just require more to be in there to cap. Skill and coordination would be a rogue/druid combo and the solo base defender calling inc and people come rushing to defend. There's way too much time on a node time sensitive map like eots than in, say, AB or BfG.
11/14/2018 12:40 AMPosted by Cornstalker

Base sitting is too easy in casual EOTS imo. Also the non flag cap part of it makes too many people rush bases and then mid gets ignored. I sincerely wish that casual EOTS at least had flags to cap for bases like the rated version does, rocks in the middle or not.

Great minds think alike ;) Anyway off to bed.. GN!
I hate the cap mechanic of EotS, and the lack of spikes in mid. RBG version just feels better all around.

Knocking people out of the side of mid is fun, but it's cheesy and doesn't require much skill. The capture mechanic of just having a bunch of people stand on something feels kinda of silly to me too. No spinning the flag or using CC to cap, just get a bunch of people on a base a stomp the opposition.