Badge vs Medallion vs Insignia

Arenas
So i just got a 375 iLvl Dread Gladiator's Medallion today in my chest and I wanted to get some input on what I should use.

Currently I'm running a 365 iLvl Dread Gladiator's Badge (161 Vers, 72 Leech, Use: grant 1450 str for 15 sec) and a 365 iLvl Dread Gladiator's Insignia (161 Vers, proc: grant 612 str for 20 sec)

The Medallion grants 285 str and use: 845 vers for 20 sec. I figure the Badge and Insignia are probably still better but thought I'd ask because stat weights are different in PvP so I'm not sure if the str or the vers is better. I am aware that the Badge and the Medallion share a cooldown.

What do yall think?
11/13/2018 02:45 PMPosted by Thedîesel
So i just got a 375 iLvl Dread Gladiator's Medallion today in my chest and I wanted to get some input on what I should use.

Currently I'm running a 365 iLvl Dread Gladiator's Badge (161 Vers, 72 Leech, Use: grant 1450 str for 15 sec) and a 365 iLvl Dread Gladiator's Insignia (161 Vers, proc: grant 612 str for 20 sec)

The Medallion grants 285 str and use: 845 vers for 20 sec. I figure the Badge and Insignia are probably still better but thought I'd ask because stat weights are different in PvP so I'm not sure if the str or the vers is better. I am aware that the Badge and the Medallion share a cooldown.

What do yall think?

I like double on-use, some people don’t. Personal preference, though the medallion will provide more damage than the insignia, and 10% vers = 10% damage on use - I’m still trying to figure out if the on use is better on the medallion than the badge!
I like double on use in my warrior personally, the versa on use can also be used defensively for a little extra bit of damage reduction.

I I think double on use is really good for warrior especially, because you can go ham with a go, then 30-45 seconds later, you can versa trinket + warbreaker for another “soft” go.
I have all 3 trinkets at 375, and I personally run with Badge and Insignia. I'm not a big fan of double on-use trinkets and I like having a permanent increase to Versatility.

Furthermore, the Insignia's PPM is approximately 1.5, so theoretically you'll get more use out of it overtime versus an on-use trinket. The only major difference is its obvious random nature vs controlled burst.

However, as Qwanda has mentioned in their post, the Medallions on-use can be beneficial for both offensive and defensive purposes. At ilvl 375, the on-use will grant roughly 10% damage increase and 5% damage reduction. 5% isn't much and probably won't rival any other defensive type of trinkets such as the Emblem (aka Battlemaster's), but I would view it as an added bonus while doing 10% more damage.

In any case, I believe it would solely come down to play style. Do you prefer to have a more versatile trinket (pun not intended) that grants more, if not weaker, burst potential? Or do you wish to have a trinket that objectively will provide more damage boosts overtime, but it isn't something you have any control over?
Not really sure what to think honestly. I don't like the idea of double on use trinkets because I do think I'd get more value out of one on use and one proc. I guess I should have asked between the Medallion and the Badge.

I'm just wondering if 1450 str equals out to a flat 10% damage increase. I thought I remember seeing something about secondary stats holding more value than primary stats in PvP. I could be wrong. I just haven't studied much on the scaling and stat weights in PvP I guess, but I thought I saw something about primary stats being diminished in PvP.
11/14/2018 06:56 AMPosted by Thedîesel
Not really sure what to think honestly. I don't like the idea of double on use trinkets because I do think I'd get more value out of one on use and one proc. I guess I should have asked between the Medallion and the Badge.

I'm just wondering if 1450 str equals out to a flat 10% damage increase. I thought I remember seeing something about secondary stats holding more value than primary stats in PvP. I could be wrong. I just haven't studied much on the scaling and stat weights in PvP I guess, but I thought I saw something about primary stats being diminished in PvP.

This is what I do:

1) Write down the values of your main abilities from the tooltip on a piece of paper.
2) Equip the trinket you want to test
3) Hit the dummy until the trinket procs (or you use it if on use)
4) Remove any other buffs you may have that modify damage
5) Write down updated tooltip values for the same abilities
6) Calculate the % increase in damage
As rogue I like agi proc and agi on use....

now if the damn agi proc trinket would actually fugging roll higher than 360ilvl for me...

To answer your question from above....

a 1500 on use trinket adds WAY more than 10% damage....

Pretty sure my envenom tooltip went up somewhere between 20-24% when i hit my on use.
Proc Trinket+On use Agil is going to give you the most possible burst.

Proc Trinket+On use Agil gives the strongest sustained pressure and more burst than 2x on use when the agil trinket procs

2x on use just gives you more controlled damage, and lets you have an on use trinket every minute if you want

Really just a playstyle preference tbh. Would look at what other higher warriors are using though.