Which loot system works best?

Classic Discussion
Title^
I like epgp.
DKP works really well due to the raid size and small amount of loot. Loot council doesn't work too well in Vanilla unfortunately.
11/13/2018 11:27 PMPosted by Emicklenry
DKP works really well due to the raid size and small amount of loot. Loot council doesn't work too well in Vanilla unfortunately.

Actually I prefer the loot system where we gear up matcauthon first. Including first thunderfury.

(For those without a sense of humor this is a joke. Any raid that gives the 1st thunderfury to a non tank is asking for a world of pain
11/13/2018 11:32 PMPosted by Matcauthon
11/13/2018 11:27 PMPosted by Emicklenry

Actually I prefer the loot system where we gear up matcauthon first. Including first thunderfury.

(For those without a sense of humor this is a joke. Any raid that gives the 1st thunderfury to a non tank is asking for a world of pain

not only that, thunderfury procs cause enormous threat, so as a rogue you wouldn't be able to raid with it.
I've heard a lot of people saying Loot council, and epgp. but how would you go about assessing/figuring out epgp as dont most use a third party addon to do that?
You can make any system work. It depends on the attitudes of the people.
The best way to avoid loot drama is to recruit people who won't cause it.
11/13/2018 11:45 PMPosted by Windsheared
11/13/2018 11:32 PMPosted by Matcauthon

not only that, thunderfury procs cause enormous threat, so as a rogue you wouldn't be able to raid with it.

If my tanks have it I could. But your dps rotation involves a lot of feinting. And vanish is always on cool down
But yeah. First two to tanks.

11/13/2018 11:49 PMPosted by Parametic
I've heard a lot of people saying Loot council, and epgp. but how would you go about assessing/figuring out epgp as dont most use a third party addon to do that?

We had add-ons on vanilla. You're class had one of the most famous add-ons in vanilla and bc.
Loot Council works best for guilds that handle loot maturely and have the best interests of the guild at heart. Point systems work best for immature people that like to work the system to their own personal advantage.
Personally I prefer a system that rewards the people who don't receive loot next run instead of funneling it onto one person.

I don't like loot council most I have seen were immature, and most people complaining on live for not being able to do it sound immature.
The idea of taking temps into a raid and not giving them a chance because there temps loot council is corrupt.
For 40 man raids some kind of dkp system due to how impersonal the raids are.

For 20 mans loot council can work well if you have a good guild.
loot coucil is best if you are serious , epgp is ok you have people who can add and subtract numbers, dkp is if you hate your guild and yourself, /roll is the most fair when pugs are involved
Loot council
Pros
Potential to be Faster
Less work for officers

Cons
Massive potential for fraud and favoritism.
Players don't get to plan their own upgrade path.
Even if you avoid fraud/favoritism there will be a specter of it on any decision that benefits an officer or someone connected to one.

DKP
Pros
Players choose their own gear paths.
Much lower potential for fraud/favoritism.

Cons
More work for officers (massively reduced from launch do to add-ons and website databases)
Potential for players to horde DKP while chasing rare items.

There are additional problems and benefits of both, but I think those are the main ones. With either system, the problems don't get massive until there's a big gap between content drops, or until a guild goes a long time without clearing new content, but a significant number will refuse to do loot council on principle.

Not all dkp systems are created equal either. Some are open for abuse/gaming the system, some are more work. Neither system is perfect, and both can generally be improved with a splash of the other. A loot council guild should take into consider what the player's desired upgrades are, and a DKP guild should be prepared to overrule choices that would be detrimental to the guild's progression.
Hunter loot system is the best. It's all hunter loot!
11/14/2018 12:26 AMPosted by Stevospeedo
Loot Council works best for guilds that handle loot maturely and have the best interests of the guild at heart. Point systems work best for immature people that like to work the system to their own personal advantage.

I think you mean LC works best for guilds that want to invite unnecessary bias and drama into their loot distribution, while DKP is better suited for guilds that want to be as fair as possible while ensuring that work equals reward for guild members.
Loot council works if everyone on the same page and understanding on how the flow of loot gonna go. The problem with some guilds is they switch it up all the time. In a guild I had we did loot council with like a waiver type system. When we first started to raid the raiders in the guild all /roll someone wrote down the numbers then a list was made that list worked like a wavier so to speak so something drops those who wanted it would say whatever lets say they say "ME" the person who was closet to the top would get it then there name would get moved to the bottom of the list and so forth. Down the road anyone new who joined the guild as a raider were placed into the list and so forth.
I have used every single loot system that has ever existed... Been playing on and off from Vanilla 13% wipes @ KT Naxx 4 0 (Not some private server, Blackrock US) to being a filthy casual in bfa... I found that EPGP + Loot council (for legendaries mainly) is the most suiting one. It is very fair, great checks and balances, super easy to manage thanks to addons / databases.

DKP is nothing but a crock of sh1t. All you'll ever see is people hoarding the !@#$ out of their points and drop it on the rare / amazing piece (or let's say just a weapon...) while the rest of their gear is sh1t vs others who has spent their points on getting all sorts of pieces.

Loot council only brings favoritism. I got screwed over MANY times from getting my t3 faith set (I ended being last to get it and even then NOT the full set...), same thing for T6.

I do love seeing "oh if people had the guilds best interest" yada yada yada. Wake up and take off your rose tinted glasses. I however would LOVE to see it done FAIRLY but over 14 years I have not. So no thank you to this system as well.
11/14/2018 04:02 AMPosted by Vaenora
11/14/2018 12:26 AMPosted by Stevospeedo

I think you mean LC works best for guilds that want to invite unnecessary bias and drama into their loot distribution, while DKP is better suited for guilds that want to be as fair as possible while ensuring that work equals reward for guild members.

I would say epgp instead of dkp but otherwise yes. However I think this guy was absolutely spot on with:

Neither system is perfect, and both can generally be improved with a splash of the other. A loot council guild should take into consider what the player's desired upgrades are, and a DKP guild should be prepared to overrule choices that would be detrimental to the guild's progression.
I'm a big fan of PLP -- Piddy Loot Points.

Before you roll, you have to spend some PLP just to roll. The amount of PLP is added to your roll. After all of the folks with PLP have rolled, or passed, then the folks who didn't pay any PLP get to roll.

At the start of each dungeon, I get 10 PLP, and nobody else gets any.

Simple and fair.