I Don't Have Time To Reach Rank 11-14

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
11/14/2018 06:16 PMPosted by Eaglesgift
11/14/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Johnnyderp
The thing was that if you ever decided to raid a city, you're definitely going to get a dishonorable kill, which means if you care about your rank, you can't raid a faction city.

You just have to avoid grouping up with people who will kill npcs. If you trust your group, you are fine and won't get a dk. I would often raid cities and towns. Usually there was a raid or two organized. I stayed out of the raid and just formed a small group with friends. No dks.

Or, blizzard could just not turn them on in the modern client they are using.
11/14/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Vaenora
The only way to avoid having to play all day every day was to be on a low pop server. Period. If your server had a decent population you were stuck at your computer until the grind was over.

False, if you were playing with other organized and decent players and won the grand majority of your games 90% or better then you did not need to work as hard as those who did not win as frequently.

I was on a high / med population server depending on time of day and had no problems, nor did I need to invest all my day because I did not play with a failure of a team. Fact of the matter, I never once considered to solo the PVP grind at all because that's just a ridiculous waste of time for anything past rank 11.

Moral of the story is, if you play better you get more CP faster meaning you do not need to play as much as the other teams who are not winning as frequently.

Your problem was directly related to your individual lack of skill and your overall team's lack of organization or skill. These directly contribute to the amount of time you need to invest to achieve the same rank as superior players who need to play far less hours.
11/14/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Vaenora
11/14/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Härländ
No, it did not necessitate giving up your entire life. You have been reading too many 3rd hand stories from people who heard something from some guy who heard something.

Actually I lived it kthx. Hit rank 13 myself.

11/14/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Härländ
The only people who put in that sort of "All day" time were those who participated solo or did not always form / join a pre-form.

The only way to avoid having to play all day every day was to be on a low pop server. Period. If your server had a decent population you were stuck at your computer until the grind was over.

Just because you felt the need to grind those 13 ranks doesn't mean we all did. I don't care about that crap. It's not Blizzard's fault people lack self control and are willing to harm themselves to get rank 14. Because if it isn't WoW, they will obsessively latch onto something else and make it their entire reason for existence.

Stop blaming games on your inability to set boundaries.
11/14/2018 06:56 PMPosted by Wynona

Just because you felt the need to grind those 13 ranks doesn't mean we all did. I don't care about that crap. It's not Blizzard's fault people lack self control and are willing to harm themselves to get rank 14. Because if it isn't WoW, they will obsessively latch onto something else and make it their entire reason for existence.

Stop blaming games on your inability to set boundaries.

THIS! It wasn't Blizzard or the PvP system that got people killed or injured. It was those people's own poor decision making.
“My company said the more I work the more money I get, whose to stop me from working myself to death losing sleep until I die? I’m sueing my company for making such a toxic environment”
11/14/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Eaglesgift
Do yourself a favor and post from your Vanilla main. I want to see your rank. Talk is cheap. Your posts make is sound like you are absolutely clueless with regard to anything pvp.

That account has been lost to the ages. Hadn't touched the game for over four years until last month when a friend gifted the game to the battle.net account I had made for Diablo III and HotS in the interim. In before "convenient". I couldn't really care less if you choose to believe me or not.

11/14/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Oldallagala
You know we can see the achievements for old vanilla titles right? Just so you are aware so you don’t make yourself look any dumber than you already have.

ORLY

11/14/2018 06:36 PMPosted by Härländ
False, if you were playing with other organized and decent players and won the grand majority of your games 90% or better then you did not need to work as hard as those who did not win as frequently.

I was on a high / med population server depending on time of day and had no problems, nor did I need to invest all my day because I did not play with a failure of a team. Fact of the matter, I never once considered to solo the PVP grind at all because that's just a ridiculous waste of time for anything past rank 11.

Moral of the story is, if you play better you get more CP faster meaning you do not need to play as much as the other teams who are not winning as frequently.

Your problem was directly related to your individual lack of skill and your overall team's lack of organization or skill. These directly contribute to the amount of time you need to invest to achieve the same rank as superior players who need to play far less hours.

I literally don't believe a word you're saying. I think at minimum you were on a decidedly medium pop server with !@#$ PvP players if your team could roflstomp that hard. Reason I'd believe that is because that's how I did my own grind.

Because if it isn't WoW, they will obsessively latch onto something else and make it their entire reason for existence.

There's a huge difference between someone choosing to be obsessive and a system heavily encouraging that kind of behavior, or outright necessitating it. You could raid through Naxx in a healthy way. There was no healthy way to reach high ranks outside of niche circumstances like low population/newly created realms.
11/14/2018 07:19 PMPosted by Vaenora
There's a huge difference between someone choosing to be obsessive and a system heavily encouraging that kind of behavior, or outright necessitating it. You could raid through Naxx in a healthy way. There was no healthy way to reach high ranks outside of niche circumstances like low population/newly created realms.

people can make choices for themselves if they wan't to undertake something you would consider unhealthy
11/14/2018 07:14 PMPosted by Oldallagala
“My company said the more I work the more money I get, whose to stop me from working myself to death losing sleep until I die? I’m sueing my company for making such a toxic environment”

More like a company setting up an end-of-the-year bonus that is only achievable by putting in over 120 hours every week on average that year.
11/14/2018 07:21 PMPosted by Agonyy
people can make choices for themselves if they wan't to undertake something you would consider unhealthy

Or they could do what they're going to do and choose not to act in a morally bankrupt manner just to appease some #NoChange infants.
11/14/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Vaenora

More like a company setting up an end-of-the-year bonus that is only achievable by putting in over 120 hours every week on average that year.

You're so full of crap it's unreal. IF you had actually played Vanilla you would not be such an obvious liar.

The concern baiting is such a pathetic stance, the last nubcakes that took that perspective Rallea, I bet you're either that same poster or just as much a liar.
vanilla is more ... how do i say it... synomous with effort? than retail. So its no surprise. and hey! if you only have time to make it to commander, thats fine! and you still get access to blue gear.
11/14/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Härländ
IF you had actually played Vanilla you would not be such an obvious liar.

Because there's so much to be gained from lying about having played Vanilla. ROFL.

11/14/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Härländ
The concern baiting is such a pathetic stance, the last nubcakes that took that perspective Rallea, I bet you're either that same poster or just as much a liar.

Didn't realize simple logic and morals amounted to concern baiting.
11/14/2018 07:19 PMPosted by Vaenora
11/14/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Eaglesgift
Do yourself a favor and post from your Vanilla main. I want to see your rank. Talk is cheap. Your posts make is sound like you are absolutely clueless with regard to anything pvp.

That account has been lost to the ages. Hadn't touched the game for over four years until last month when a friend gifted the game to the battle.net account I had made for Diablo III and HotS in the interim. In before "convenient". I couldn't really care less if you choose to believe me or not.

11/14/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Oldallagala
You know we can see the achievements for old vanilla titles right? Just so you are aware so you don’t make yourself look any dumber than you already have.

ORLY

11/14/2018 06:36 PMPosted by Härländ

I literally don't believe a word you're saying. I think at minimum you were on a decidedly medium pop server with !@#$ PvP players if your team could roflstomp that hard. Reason I'd believe that is because that's how I did my own grind.

Because if it isn't WoW, they will obsessively latch onto something else and make it their entire reason for existence.

Ofc the account was lost sweetie why wouldn’t it be. At least you told us to regain credibili.... ppffffftttt jfc I cant

That’s literally the exact same thing. More time = more money you !@#$ing dip%^-*

Then don't go for the bonus. Let others get it and be content with less money and more free time. Or get a different job. Why is this so hard for people to understand? Is this like a millennial thing or something? Raiders have to do hours of prep to afford consumables and repairs just to be able to spend 4-5 hours a night wiping on the same bosses over and over. Do you think their time investment is somehow more valid? or maybe its too harsh, and you should have an easier path to PvE epics too?

Give me a break man. You want the best stuff, you put in the time. If you don't like it, tough. That's the way the world works

Edit: Periods and question marks can be a real struggle sometimes
WoW isn't a good comparison to a job. Whether it feels like it to you or not, everything, yes everything in WoW is a luxury. You won't starve because you don't have Baron Rivendare's Deathcharger. You won't not have a roof over your head because you don't have a PvP title. You won't die of a treatable disease because you have no Naxxramas gear.
Because there's so much to be gained from lying about having played Vanilla. ROFL.

Actually that the only way that an opinion about Vanilla can have any credibility.

You are here pitching some extreme changes because you have an ax to grind. It may be you are jealous of others success, or just resentful that others enjoy something you cannot.

In any event, an opinion about Vanilla PVP without substantial Vanilla PVP experience isn't worth the time it would take us to read it.

Your statements give us little reason to believe you actually played Vanilla. Your views seem to lack first person experience needed to back them up.
11/14/2018 08:48 PMPosted by Narya
WoW isn't a good comparison to a job. Whether it feels like it to you or not, everything, yes everything in WoW is a luxury. You won't starve because you don't have Baron Rivendare's Deathcharger. You won't not have a roof over your head because you don't have a PvP title. You won't die of a treatable disease because you have no Naxxramas gear.

Every day, thousands of shut-ins just like xsephirothx here go without access to high warlords weapons or even their basic tier 2 set... Wont you sponsor one of these poor, flaky, noncommittal souls and help him or her get the welfare epics they feel they deserve?
11/14/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Vaenora
The old honor system is never making it into Classic. Deal with it.

Blizzard is not going to commit PR suicide by bringing back for a second time a system that promoted player self-harm. It's just not going to happen. You may think that it's cute to spew your #NoChange platitudes no matter what, but in the real world a system which necessitates forgoing sleep (along with basically any other part of life) for months on end is not going to fly in 2019. You know all the hysteria that surrounds MMOs and their obsessive playerbase? The gnashed teeth of so many mothers over the years? That one South Park episode? The old honor system literally brings all of that to life.

Not. Going. To. Happen.

Your vast array of Vanilla and retail achievements is truly a sight to behold.

Maybe you should stick to sub 1400 arena rating bracket where you clearly belong. You can't even break 1100 in RBG, but your here telling people you did all this and that.

Maybe it's time you go back to the single player experience battle ground Q's you crawled out of.
11/14/2018 08:29 AMPosted by Zenshigen
Maybe for you, 90% of the people want to compete on even grounds not being obliberated by the guy that plays 20hs a day sharing account with his 2 roommates. Honor system needs a complete overhaul.

Or you could raid and obliterate said guy.............