The Water Strider problem

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Feels like this is a compulsory mount, and I have to use it all the time.
Half the population seems to be riding one as well.

A lot of people start screaming when people ask for its water walking ability to be disabled.

Can we have a compromise? Make it situational instead of a kind of "OP" mount?

How about it moves at +80% speed on land instead of +100%
You must be fun at parties
No thanks. I like it the way it is.
Counterpoint: We leave them alone.
I don't even have one... Should prob get one I suppose
And this affects you... how, exactly?
You leave Mikey alone! Mikey ain't never done nothing to you!

On a more serious note... Seriously? Why? It can walk on water, sure but soon as it gets into combat it loses that ability. It is not OP. It is a convenient little mount. It is a reward for people who took the time to grind out that rep.

Stop trying to ruin someone else's fun that literally has absolutely no effect on your gameplay just because you don't want to grind the rep and/or your jealousy.
How do you get the mount? What rep do I need to grind?
Can confirm. Am jealous. Don't want to farm. Nerf the mount.
11/15/2018 03:04 AMPosted by Salf
How do you get the mount? What rep do I need to grind?
The Anglers, a MoP faction.

Also, this thread is terrible.
I agree that they are overused and it kind of ruins immersion. People would gladly use any other mount I'm sure, if they could make it walk on water.
Why not a glyph of some kind that lets us teach water-walking to any mount?
I have no desire to nerf its capabilities.

I would like to see other mounts that can serve its purpose.
If you take damage, you can't water walk until you mount again. Seems fair to me.
11/15/2018 03:06 AMPosted by Unian
I agree that they are overused and it kind of ruins immersion. People would gladly use any other mount I'm sure, if they could make it walk on water.
Why not nerf DK's and Shaman's waterwalk ability too?

MUH IMMERSION
11/15/2018 03:08 AMPosted by Yayayayayaya
11/15/2018 03:06 AMPosted by Unian
Why not nerf DK's and Shaman's waterwalk ability too?

MUH IMMERSION

Which part of my reply said nerf anything? I just think people would gladly buy a glyph to use other (flying) mounts to waterwalk?
Also, they have lore to make it work. Those bugs being everywhere.. not so much.
11/15/2018 02:51 AMPosted by Creeks
https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/global-stats/mounts

Show less than half. Almost but not quite there.

Also anyone who whines about that mount is the type of person who would find and cry about anything. There is nothing wrong with how things are. Anyone says otherwise is too lazy and jealous that people have something they don't. So they whine about it because they can't have fun like those who have it.

A lot of people start screaming when people ask for its water walking ability to be disabled.
Also source. I find this false and the fact that a minority whines about it. They have the time to throw a tantrum when they could have used it to farm for that mount like everyone else who has it.

NO!
Once we unlock flying no one will care about watermounts being OP because we can fly over the water....
I would like to see more mounts gain that ability, so we had more to choose from if we have at least one of the mounts that has it already. For example, if you have the water strider, give players a buff like POF or WW that you can only activate out of combat. That way people still need to own the strider, but can use whatever mount they want.
11/15/2018 03:12 AMPosted by Unian
11/15/2018 03:08 AMPosted by Yayayayayaya
...Why not nerf DK's and Shaman's waterwalk ability too?

MUH IMMERSION

Which part of my reply said nerf anything? I just think people would gladly buy a glyph to use other (flying) mounts to waterwalk?
Also, they have lore to make it work. Those bugs being everywhere.. not so much.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Water_strider
Feels like this is a compulsory mount, and I have to use it all the time.

Can we have a compromise? Make it situational instead of a kind of "OP" mount?

Boo you suck!