The Water Strider problem

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
11/15/2018 03:16 AMPosted by Galessa
Once we unlock flying no one will care about watermounts being OP because we can fly over the water....
Then they will start whining about that mount you can herb with.

11/15/2018 03:16 AMPosted by Angrysocks
I would like to see more mounts gain that ability, so we had more to choose from if we have at least one of the mounts that has it already. For example, if you have the water strider, give players a buff like POF or WW that you can only activate out of combat. That way people still need to own the strider, but can use whatever mount they want.
I think right now there is only what 2 water walking mounts right now...both water striders. Would be cool if we got a wide variety that can walk on water.
11/15/2018 02:53 AMPosted by Discomike
No thanks. I like it the way it is.

I'd like it better if it worked reliably. This thing has been out for how long now?
Welp, this thread reminds me that I need one!
here comes the screeching
11/15/2018 03:16 AMPosted by Galessa
Once we unlock flying no one will care about watermounts being OP because we can fly over the water....

You realize that's another 5-6 months away, right? Plus not everywhere in the game has flight.
11/15/2018 03:24 AMPosted by Creeks
here comes the screeching
No it's people with disagreeing opinions. Got a problem?
Why would you beg for nerfs in like 6 months we will be flying and you will care absolutly zero about people using water striders
We wouldn't have that issue if we were flying. Then players could choose their mounts and not have to take flight paths that make you lose control of your character.

Seems like a win win right there.
water walking exists in other ways still, So its not really a big deal at this point.
If they did not gate off flight to so late, it would be much better as well.
ok now I'm adequately warmed up for the real screeching

flying ruins this game.
11/15/2018 03:06 AMPosted by Unian
I agree that they are overused and it kind of ruins immersion. People would gladly use any other mount I'm sure, if they could make it walk on water.
Why not a glyph of some kind that lets us teach water-walking to any mount?

Oh man, my gigantuar kodo mount would be hilarious walking on water. I want this glyph just to see that.
11/15/2018 03:32 AMPosted by Kazrien
11/15/2018 03:06 AMPosted by Unian
I agree that they are overused and it kind of ruins immersion. People would gladly use any other mount I'm sure, if they could make it walk on water.
Why not a glyph of some kind that lets us teach water-walking to any mount?

Oh man, my gigantuar kodo mount would be hilarious walking on water. I want this glyph just to see that.

No, it would just be for flying mounts, obviously. Those can just fly low over the surface.
Or your could go earn one.

I started in legion and while swimming across a river I saw someone with one and was like "holy cow! I need one of those!"

Did my research.
Saw what was required
And went back to Pandaria at 110 and did the work.

Anyone who complains that other people have these mounts, just need to clam up and go earn it.
or just give us a toy that grants water walking
11/15/2018 02:51 AMPosted by Creeks
Feels like this is a compulsory mount

It's not compulsory in any way.

and I have to use it all the time.

Why don't you use the roads instead of the water?

Half the population seems to be riding one as well.

Nope. I only see people on them when they are near water.

A lot of people start screaming when people ask for its water walking ability to be disabled.

That's because it's a stupid idea.

Can we have a compromise? Make it situational instead of a kind of "OP" mount?

Compromise is great. You stop whining about what mount other people use and lying about how often they use some mount that doesn't affect you in any way.

How about it moves at +80% speed on land instead of +100%

Nope. And the spider mount should be able to walk on water too.
11/15/2018 03:31 AMPosted by Creeks
ok now I'm adequately warmed up for the real screeching

flying ruins this game.

The grenades you’re lobbing into GD are weak.
11/15/2018 03:12 AMPosted by Unian
11/15/2018 03:08 AMPosted by Yayayayayaya
...Why not nerf DK's and Shaman's waterwalk ability too?

MUH IMMERSION

Which part of my reply said nerf anything? I just think people would gladly buy a glyph to use other (flying) mounts to waterwalk?
Also, they have lore to make it work. Those bugs being everywhere.. not so much.
Glyphs are totally out in terms of usefulness. They were useful once, but they decided to make them useless.
OP .. you are a shaman,you can literally make any mount a Waterstrider.
You're a shaman, cast water walk and mount you complainer. Disgraceful.
I wish they'd just make a new achievement to obtain all the Water Strider mounts, that grants Water Walking to all your mounts.