The Water Strider problem

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
11/15/2018 02:51 AMPosted by Creeks
Feels like this is a compulsory mount, and I have to use it all the time.
Half the population seems to be riding one as well.

A lot of people start screaming when people ask for its water walking ability to be disabled.

Can we have a compromise? Make it situational instead of a kind of "OP" mount?

How about it moves at +80% speed on land instead of +100%
or how about you just leave it alone and let it be what it is?

Why does it need to be changed at all?
11/15/2018 03:24 AMPosted by Angrysocks
11/15/2018 03:16 AMPosted by Galessa
Once we unlock flying no one will care about watermounts being OP because we can fly over the water....

You realize that's another 5-6 months away, right? Plus not everywhere in the game has flight.

Water walking pots, mount, *makes mystical noise* MAGIC, SHIA LEBOUF!

A lot of people start screaming when people ask for its water walking ability to be disabled.

No stap. You dobt have to use it all the time. It is situational. And its 3 seconds to change if you need it. Get over your compulsary/lazy habit. You are a shaman too so you can use any mount as a water mount.

It's not compulsory. There are other water walking options, after all. At the very worst, there's always the good old Elixir of Water Walking (oh, so many Glassfin Minnows fished up in Crystalsong Forest to send to my alchemy alt for that).

And I earned both my striders. Why should I be punished with a nerf because other people are either too lazy to get one of them, or too lazy to switch back and forth between the strider and another mount?
Next xpac waterwalking is disabled until pathfinder part 2. Path finder part 3 will be when we unlock flying.
I ride a Chopper and carry water walking potions. Now I don’t need an ugly bug mount.

The only thing that annoys me? It makes my soul hurt. I was a Shaman for a large part of my playtime in WoW and it hurts me knowing all other forms of water walking do not dismount you to use. But as a Shaman you are forced to dismount to cast water walking.

I don’t care about ugly big mounts. I shed a tear for the poor Shaman.
Get the mount and join the fun.
Compromise? Ok. Give us flying and they can take the water walking away.
Once again on these forums. Someone doesn’t like something so therefore everyone shouldn’t.

No and sorry I don’t feel forced to use the mount. I actually like it and use because I like it. I can use any other mount anytime I wish but prefer not to.

11/15/2018 04:54 AMPosted by Duncon
Compromise? Ok. Give us flying and they can take the water walking away.

Or this would work to.
You want immersion, buy a blender.

You seem to hate when people are happy. Do you work for blizzard?
I literally just got the mount this past mop time walking event. It's very easy if you put some time into it. Get your 500 tw badges on every alt, buy rep tokens, mail then to your main and use till exalted. If you wait till Darkmoon is around, you'll get the 10% rep buff which also helps a lot.
Or reroll to shaman, then every mount can walk on water!!
11/15/2018 03:08 AMPosted by Yayayayayaya
11/15/2018 03:06 AMPosted by Unian
I agree that they are overused and it kind of ruins immersion. People would gladly use any other mount I'm sure, if they could make it walk on water.
Why not a glyph of some kind that lets us teach water-walking to any mount?
Why not nerf DK's and Shaman's waterwalk ability too?

MUH IMMERSION
Exactly. Plus, 1 tiny hit and you get your immersion back ;)
No those who complain can get it just as easily as anyone else just do the Anglers rep grind if they are too lazy then roll DK and walk on water with any mount
You have cheaper options like the dark water scate, DK/Shaman water walking. Either Draenor or MoP water striders. Oh Anglers rep is real easy just wait for MoP timewalking and spend your badges which you will be getting from the 14th anniversary event so you can go from neutral to exalted in a snap of the fingers (make sure you get the commendation at revered to double rep increase).

Also there are the raft toys and items which make you go 130% speed in the water as well.

Point is these waterwalking mounts and toys are disabled in BG's so there is no competitive advantage in instanced PvP and you lose the water walking ability once you take damaged or are attacked. These mounts are just QoL
I dont know that this is about. Just use path of frost.
Leave my water strider alone. They gave him that name for a reason.
What bothers me more is when you have mounts that legitimately levitate off the ground and they can't do the same above water?
11/15/2018 05:16 AMPosted by Inumi
What bothers me more is when you have mounts that legitimately levitate off the ground and they can't do the same above water?

Boats that can’t float!

I have no issue with adding mounts that can also move along water. I just think it’s stupid to want them to remove it from the strider mount.