The Water Strider problem

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
11/15/2018 03:08 AMPosted by Yayayayayaya
11/15/2018 03:06 AMPosted by Unian
I agree that they are overused and it kind of ruins immersion. People would gladly use any other mount I'm sure, if they could make it walk on water.
Why not a glyph of some kind that lets us teach water-walking to any mount?
Why not nerf DK's and Shaman's waterwalk ability too?

MUH IMMERSION

That is literally the opposite of immersion. Water strider makes dk and shaman abilities obsolete.
Do not mess with the mounts, people have earned them.

Yes I am jealous of these mounts when I see one, and I despise fishing so I will never have one. But that doesn't mean it should be taken away from those that did earn it.
11/15/2018 05:16 AMPosted by Inumi
What bothers me more is when you have mounts that legitimately levitate off the ground and they can't do the same above water?

Have you never seen Back to the Future? The hover board can't move on water... duh!!!
11/15/2018 05:28 AMPosted by Nonprophet

Yes I am jealous of these mounts when I see one, and I despise fishing so I will never have one. But that doesn't mean it should be taken away from those that did earn it.

Reasonable... sensible... Do you actually play WoW?

You don’t even have to fish to get the mount. You can literally just buy tokens from timewalking or do the dailies that don’t require fishing
Funny thing is I barely use my mount.

I have my Artifact Fishing pole on my action bar and just switch between that and I my bow. Damn, I love that pole. So very convenient.
11/15/2018 02:51 AMPosted by Creeks
Can we have a compromise? Make it situational instead of a kind of "OP" mount?

There is a compromise. If you want the ability you can either go earn the mount like those that have it, use a water walking potion or just whine about it upon the forum.
11/15/2018 04:47 AMPosted by Wrathu
I ride a Chopper and carry water walking potions. Now I don’t need an ugly bug mount.

Of course you don't, you have an ugly bike mount.
The Water Strider problem

The only water strider problem is that there are no other options in mounts with that ability.

Give more mounts the water walking ability and people would use the strider less. This isn't exactly rocket science...
11/15/2018 03:04 AMPosted by Salf
How do you get the mount? What rep do I need to grind?

The anglers in MoP.

You don't really need to fish for the Azure one it's dailies while some have fishing most are just collect mats and kill a boss or two.
The only problem I have with it is if I get hit by something, eg, six miles from water, I usually have to dismount and remount before it will walk on water again.
As long as I have water walking I don't care if they have their water bugs or not...
I have one, but don't need it.

Mount macro:
#showtooltip Flameward Hippogryph
/cast [@player, nomounted] Water Walking
/use [nomounted] Flameward Hippogryph; Lightning Shield

Casts WW before mounting, refreshes Lightning Shield on dismount.
This may have been covered already, but I'd say the issue is more that Blizz has been creating, almost exclusively, islands as content. And thus a lot of water around that needs to be navigated. I doubt you see many water striders in the land masses of Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. Or in Northrend.

I don't think seeing a ton of them is an issue personally, and I don't want them to be nerfed (I worked hard for both versions on my main account). But I would like to see more development of areas where we don't feel the need to use them so much. Instead of, oh, let's put a new island here. Bam, done, content.
11/15/2018 02:51 AMPosted by Creeks
Feels like this is a compulsory mount, and I have to use it all the time.
Half the population seems to be riding one as well.

A lot of people start screaming when people ask for its water walking ability to be disabled.

Can we have a compromise? Make it situational instead of a kind of "OP" mount?

How about it moves at +80% speed on land instead of +100%

This kind of logic kills fun in the game and unfortunately Blizzard seems to be all about it lately.
Easiest way to get the rep for the angler's with no hassle is to simply wait for Mist of Pandaria Timewalking and just buy the rep tokens from the vendor.

I did it last time it was up, went from neutral to exalted in about 15-20 minutes. All it requires is:
1. 5,000 or so Timewalking coins
2.Use Time walking coins to buy Angler Rep Tokens. Use the tokens until you reach Revered.
3. After you reach revered, visit Nat Pagle in the Karshang Wilds, buy the Commendation of the Anglers from him. It increases your rep gains by 100% on your account from there on.
5. Use the remaining Angler rep tokens to reach exalted.
6. Buy the mount from Nat pagle..done

Things to note - The reputation tokens are account bound so if you don't have enough timewalking coins on 1 character, you can use another characters coins to buy the rep tokens and mail them to the character you want the reputation on. Its what I did. Once you get the mount its account bound too so even if the character you are on does not have the Angler's rep you can still ride it long as you have gotten the rep on one character.
fun fact hunter also get water walking ability. beside that why is there one one ugly mount that has it. We have three floats ones, four boats and none walk on water. Son it the military we call that cluster ........... Yeah cant say the word.
Yep.

It’s strictly better (more convenient) than every other mount so it sort of impinges upon our choice. Hundreds of ground mounts but three (?) of them are outright superior to the rest. It doesn’t help that they look awful either.

Granted, this conversation is only relevant during points in an expansion where flying is not yet possible. This won’t matter in 8.2.
I wish more mounts had special things they could do. Like a land mount that can glide. We do need more water walking mounts however.

That being said.

Dear OP,
Blizzard has this "Bad Guy" thing down, they don't need your help to come up with evil idea's. Please refrain from inspiring them.