The Water Strider problem

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
Still don't understand why we don't have a boat mount in an expansion about gaining allies with massive naval capabilities.
Or just fix water so it isn't a pain in the !@# to get through. I actively avoid quests that involve water when possible.
Yes, disable the water striders water walking awesomeness so only those classes with true class can ride across water!

DK's and Shaman's approve this change
It's only a problem if you are unwilling to jump thru the hoops to get one. Before I had the raft or water bug, I tamed a water bug that gave a water walking buff. Played my hunter a lot back then. Before that I carried water walking potions.
/shrug
If I didn't have any water walking anythings to this day, I'd have a stack of water walking potions in my bags somewhere.
11/15/2018 06:22 AMPosted by Sy
Still don't understand why we don't have a boat mount in an expansion about gaining allies with massive naval capabilities.

Don't question the logic of the game....it will make you go insane.

Would make sense though.

So would z-land getting the small docks like kul tiras does. While too spread out imo they do have them. Why doesn't z-land?

Umm princess? Most of your water ways have "man" eating fish in them. Ever think about making some rafts, canoes, boats?
11/15/2018 02:51 AMPosted by Creeks
Feels like this is a compulsory mount, and I have to use it all the time.
Half the population seems to be riding one as well.

A lot of people start screaming when people ask for its water walking ability to be disabled.

Can we have a compromise? Make it situational instead of a kind of "OP" mount?

How about it moves at +80% speed on land instead of +100%

Nope. Mount is fine. Anyone can get one. Put in a little work to get a reward. Can't do the little work then no strider for you and you can watch me use it on water going full mount speed.
As a Shaman, all the mounts can serve its purpose :)

11/15/2018 03:07 AMPosted by Tyriellais
I have no desire to nerf its capabilities.

I would like to see other mounts that can serve its purpose.
We've reached the point where people claim ground mounts are OP, and people wonder how we ended up with Pathfinder.
11/15/2018 02:51 AMPosted by Creeks
Feels like this is a compulsory mount, and I have to use it all the time.
Half the population seems to be riding one as well.

A lot of people start screaming when people ask for its water walking ability to be disabled.

Can we have a compromise? Make it situational instead of a kind of "OP" mount?

How about it moves at +80% speed on land instead of +100%

Gtfo...

OP my @ss!
Oh OP, is it hard to walk outside in the cold being a big wet blanket?
I only use it if I know there will be water walking in the next 10 or so minutes. If not I'll be on my Sky Golem grabbing herbs.
Also not a big fan of the water strider mount monopoly on mount water walking and the goblin shredder herbing. Would be nice to navigate the world in whatever current mount I enjoy instead of being locked down to 1 mount in all of wows mounts.
11/15/2018 05:37 AMPosted by Avangaline
11/15/2018 04:47 AMPosted by Wrathu
I ride a Chopper and carry water walking potions. Now I don’t need an ugly bug mount.

Of course you don't, you have an ugly bike mount.

Now we have to fight! Behind the school at 3. Be there or I tell everyone you are a coward!
"Being able to walk on water ruins [my] immersion ... IN WATER!"

Yeah, I guess I see the logic in that. It beats the logic of this thread, which seems to go pretty much like:

Blizz makes cool mount with a unique utility
Mount gated behind significant (though not crippling) grind
Players grind and earn mount
Players use said utility
Other players without utility get jealous
Other players call for nerf/removal of cool mount

Here's why Blizz developers and designers should NEVER pay attention to what is written in these forums!
...This thread just reminded me that I probably should get that waterstrider mount haha.

It’ll be better than swimming through Nazmir that’s for sure.
11/15/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Nyalmi
...This thread just reminded me that I probably should get that waterstrider mount haha.

Its fishing...for a purpose at least.

Spurred by the "I am bored" threads I said you know I haven't fished much. Been doing it everywhere else more, maybe its time to see panda-ville
They just need to make it's waterwalking feature something you unlock mount-wide when you get it.

Until then, I'm never farming mounts and don't care how nice looking the new ones are. Blizzard has missed out on hooking me into farming mounts ever since strider was release and you'd think they would want to fix that.
It's not a hard mount to obtain. Stop crying and just get it, people. Or just carry a lot of water walking potions.
Don't worry we'll have bfa flying Soon!!!

I don't have the strider and don't care. I tried to do some Angler dailies this expac, but gave up when I saw a whole bunch of people camping an elite mob you had to kill, but it died if a lvl 120 sneezed on it.

So I gave up, no regrets.