The Water Strider problem

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6
11/15/2018 03:31 AMPosted by Creeks
ok now I'm adequately warmed up for the real screeching

flying ruins this game.

Welp, troll confirmed!
OP....you're a Shaman, every mount is a water bug for you...remember waterwalking?
The only class that has it better is DK, they can cast path of frost while mounted.
i think the bigger question is why did they create the Dreadwake: a ship that can fly but can't float on water ....

.... just realized the Dreadwake is a testament to this whole expac: it makes no sense and defies logic and where it could have been fun/functional it failed.
Compromise. Bring back the glyph that allows warlock mounts to run on water.
11/15/2018 06:54 AMPosted by Duvainil
11/15/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Nyalmi
...This thread just reminded me that I probably should get that waterstrider mount haha.

Its fishing...for a purpose at least.

Spurred by the "I am bored" threads I said you know I haven't fished much. Been doing it everywhere else more, maybe its time to see panda-ville

Perhaps it is time to visit and do fishing, I still need to get that sea turtle and jellyfish too.

In retrospect I really do need to do fishing more.
11/15/2018 02:51 AMPosted by Creeks
Feels like this is a compulsory mount, and I have to use it all the time.
Half the population seems to be riding one as well.

A lot of people start screaming when people ask for its water walking ability to be disabled.

Can we have a compromise? Make it situational instead of a kind of "OP" mount?

How about it moves at +80% speed on land instead of +100%

I also want my dragon mount to allow me to transmog and dump my unwanted loot. In fact, I think ALL mounts should have this option.

What is the point of working for a unique mount with unique abilities if we are going to take them away at a later date?

We already lose so many things that we earn in previous expacs when a new one kicks in. We have had flying turned into a carrot to make players do whatever content Ian decides he wants to attach to it. Even rep and dungeons, that have nothing to do with flying or "exploring the world from the ground before flying", which was, supposedly, the purpose of an achievement.

We have toys that get nerfed constantly after the fact and abilities that get turned into talents that we have to re-earn, or choose between over and over again.

Why pay a lot of money, or work hard to obtain a mount, or toy when you never know how long it will be before it is removed, or nerfed and you then question if it was worth the trouble, or cost, now.

It would be nice to know that what you work for, or pay for in the game is not going to be changed when Blizzard decides that they can use it to get players to do more things they may not want to do, or when other players decide that they don't like what some other players like.

The water walker is such an easy mount to obtain, yet it seems many players do not want to work to get it. They would prefer to take it's purpose away from players who did, or are currently working to get it.

I think twice now before I buy, or work toward anything in the game that I want. I have to ask myself what Blizzard may decide to let me keep, or change to make it less desirable at a later time.

The water walker issue is no different than the transmog and trash removal that other expensive mounts allow. In fact, the water walker happens to be pretty useful this expac, but may not be so at all in the next one. The transmog ability will never go out of style.

So, lets make all mounts capable of transmogging.

In fact, lets just make every mount be able to do the exact same things as every other mount so we have the perfect homogenized system with no variety of use at all....just different appearances.

All in favor?
If we could fly, there would be no need for everyone to ride a water strider all the time.
11/15/2018 03:12 AMPosted by Unian
<span class="truncated">...</span>Why not nerf DK's and Shaman's waterwalk ability too?

MUH IMMERSION

Which part of my reply said nerf anything? I just think people would gladly buy a glyph to use other (flying) mounts to waterwalk?
Also, they have lore to make it work. Those bugs being everywhere.. not so much.

Water walking bugs...err....walk on water (?)

I have them in my back yard....no "lore" required.
cant wait for people in classic to find out going into water dismounts you :3
or just leave it... yeah lets do that one
11/15/2018 03:04 AMPosted by Salf
How do you get the mount? What rep do I need to grind?

Mist of Pandaria. The Anglers factions to Exalted.
11/15/2018 02:51 AMPosted by Creeks
Feels like this is a compulsory mount, and I have to use it all the time.
Half the population seems to be riding one as well.

A lot of people start screaming when people ask for its water walking ability to be disabled.

Can we have a compromise? Make it situational instead of a kind of "OP" mount?

How about it moves at +80% speed on land instead of +100%
You can circumvent the mount 100% with water walking Pots. And you can pretty much use any water walking pot from any expac as long as you meet the min. lvl requirement.

There is no need to have anyone cast it on you or have the mount.
Go and fish for 3 weeks like the rest of us, stop being lazy.
11/15/2018 06:58 AMPosted by Ahndrumon
OP....you're a Shaman, every mount is a water bug for you...remember waterwalking?
The only class that has it better is DK, they can cast path of frost while mounted.

Or anyone with a water walking potion. Cause you can do that mounted as well. Yeah shamans class skill is worse then a potion.
Why is A Shaman making this post? You can walk on water using ANY mount.
11/15/2018 03:06 AMPosted by Unian
People would gladly use any other mount I'm sure, if they could make it walk on water.

Water Walking Elixirs still exist.
If you want it, get it.

If you don’t, awkwardly swim occasionally like the rest of us.

I don’t want to put the time in, so I’m in the ‘awkwardly swim’ crowd. It’s not a big deal.
11/15/2018 07:47 AMPosted by Khlorós
cant wait for people in classic to find out going into water dismounts you :3

Oh man, I forgot about that. That is going to be hilarious to see on youtube. I am going to laugh.