Roguedom: Common Rogue Q's & A's

Rogue
Prev 1 5 6 7 12 Next
This has probably been asked before, but I got lost in your table of contents until a park ranger found me and brought me out. He had hot cocoa. lol. So maybe you've already answered this but what is a good recipe for carrot cake? I need it before my next raid tonight? thanks bunches lol.
So... too much, huh.

NO CAKE FOR YOU.
So... too much, huh.

NO CAKE FOR YOU.

Nah, it's big, but I kinda like the integration with the FAQ you did. I also just like messin' with you. So, there's that.
HELMET.

There's gotta be a better way to organize all this, I know there is. I just need to find it.

(And don't recommend I just make everything link to the Compendium.)
HELMET.

There's gotta be a better way to organize all this, I know there is. I just need to find it.

I would never be so shameless.

I was just gonna recommend everything link to this,

http://tinyurl.com/66kk5s

Edit: I had helmet hair... that one time. I'm sure no one even remembers now.

<_<

>_>

Right?

Guys? Back me up here.

Bueller?
Who let you back in?

:)
(Please note: This post was only up to date as of the morning of April 27. If you want a more recent version, check out http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2416158935 -- I will no longer keep this post updated. It is dead to me.)

I wanted a place to dump all official and as-yet-undocumented Patch 4.1 rogue-specific adjustments, so... I'm gonna make it this post, at least for now. Please pass along anything else you see or hear, or confirm/rebut any claimed changes that are true/untrue.

From what I've read in these forums and noticed myself, here are...

Rogue Changes That *Are Not* in the Patch Notes (Yet)
(I'll list them as "confirmed" if reliable sources report that it's legit, or if other folks report it and I can personally corroborate it.)

• Melee openers -- Ambush, Cheap Shot, Garrote (but not Sap) -- can now be used against Camouflaged hunters. (Reported by several)
  • Revealing Strike now correctly increases the damage of Deadly Throw. (Reported by Celinne)
  • Sap can no longer be used/refreshed on an NPC that has entered combat but has yet to begin its attack. (Confirmed)
  • The cooldown of Stealth begins when a rogue enters stealth mode, rather than when s/he leaves it. (Confirmed)
  • Smoke Bomb has a new sound. It is far less burpy, and far more smoke-bomb-y. (Confirmed)

Rogue Changes That *Are* in the Patch Notes

• Recuperate base effect now heals 3% per tick, up from 2%.
  • Stealth base cooldown has been reduced to 4 seconds, down from 10, and the movement penalty from being in Stealth has been removed.
  • Tricks of the Trade now has a 100-yard range, up from 20.
  • Talent Specializations
    • Combat
      • Improved Recuperate now adds 0.5%/1% to the health restoration effect of Recuperate, down from 1%/2%.
    • Subtlety
      • Cheat Death now reduces damage taken by 80% while in effect, down from 90%. Its internal cooldown has been raised to 90 seconds, up from 60.
      • Nightstalker now reduces the cooldown of Stealth by 2/4 seconds, and instead of negating the movement penalty from Stealth, it adds a 5/10% movement speed bonus (stacking with other effects) while Stealthed.
  • Rogue Bug Fixes
    • Kick can no longer be blocked.
    • Certain non-damaging AoE attacks cast by NPCs will no longer break Stealth.
    • Hostile pets should now be less inclined to follow rogues that are in Stealth.
    possible addition: Sprint can no longer be used with Nitro Boosts. Before you go calling me a noob for even attempting such a thing (since the speed effects don't stack), I was using the speed from the Boosts with the water-walking of Blurred Speed glyph to quickly traverse water. Can't do that now.
    possible addition: Sprint can no longer be used with Nitro Boosts. Before you go calling me a noob for even attempting such a thing (since the speed effects don't stack), I was using the speed from the Boosts with the water-walking of Blurred Speed glyph to quickly traverse water. Can't do that now.

Danke, Tanto. Lemme think about how to add this, because I'm sure it's more than just Nitro that's impacted. I wonder if there's a more comprehensive "what speed effects stack" list than the one I've been linking to like a crazy person (http://www.rogueresource.com/?p=1862). We know that the manner in which certain enhancements stack has changed with the patch; we just don't seem to know yet -- or I don't, anyway -- how all of the various types of enhancements might interact (or not).

So, just to clarify, because I've never leveled engineering beyond, like, 100: Nitro Boosts *used* to stack with Sprint but no longer does? Or is it that the game doesn't even allow you to use it anymore while Sprint is up (i.e., it gives some kind of error message)? Does anyone know if, say, Swiftness Potion or Nifty Stopwatch stack?
    Much love for citing my macro thread :D
    It's your own fault for making it good. :P
    HELMET.

I would never be so shameless.

I was just gonna recommend everything link to this,

http://tinyurl.com/66kk5s

Edit: I had helmet hair... that one time. I'm sure no one even remembers now.

<_<

>_>

Right?

Guys? Back me up here.

Bueller?

Sorry... was enjoying a sandwich.
    Finally did a sweep to make sure all the guides still, yknow, existed, and hadn't started to suck over the course of the past month or so. Still need to do the same with the FAQ portion, but that's a whole other can of ground-dwelling dirt consumers.

Also changed the title again, because why not?
    I don't spend enough time in here, this thread is so full of win.

...and not just only cause I'm in it, you guys too!
    I'm still waiting for the day that the gnome rogue Falsewanlol posts in this forum.