Undead Paladins

Paladin
1 2 3 7 Next
Anyone else think undead should be able to be paladins? i mean the humans of lorderan could be paladins shouldnt they be able to be it in death?
just buy lots and lots of noggenfogger elixer ;)
02/20/2011 2:29 PMPosted by Sxcbod
just buy lots and lots of noggenfogger elixer ;)

I would have to agree with this. Though I would like Gnome paladins just for the heck of it.

There is that one item that turns you into a gnome for a bit but I can never remember what its called. So I guess im in the same predicament as the OP :P
Stop making these threads. If you want ugly paladins, male draenei are already available.
02/20/2011 3:36 PMPosted by Cayse
Stop making these threads. If you want ugly paladins, male draenei are already available.

or female dwarf.
Why would you want to be anything but Female Blood elf ?

Paladins are immune to the plague raising them as undead.

Undead paladins are one of the few class/race combos that are specifically forbidden in WoW lore.
02/20/2011 4:00 PMPosted by Leylin

There is another kind of blood elf?

1) horns
2) hoofs

edit: oops I forgot - waggle

^this
Disagree. I don't think Undead Paladins would make any sense, considering the Light supposedly doesn't work well with the undead.

From wowwiki...

"Recent information provided by the Blizzard Creative Development team says that, while it is possible for Forsaken with intensely strong willpower to use the Holy Light, it is very painful for them to do so. Holy Light spells can still heal the Forsaken but they must suffer nobly."

Basically...Paladins being, perhaps, the most well-versed in the ways of the Light. Would be very uncommon, if not non-existent among the Forsaken. The only Undead Paladin I can think of that retained some use of his Holy abilities was Sir Zeliek in Naxramas
Because an Undead Paladin is called a Death Knight. The Light only heeds Sir Zeliek's call because his mind is still his own and because he seeks to rid the world of himself, and thus uses Holy magic in an attempt to hurt himself so he would stop hurting others.
02/20/2011 3:36 PMPosted by Cayse

I take great offense to that sir

/hair flip

Paladins are immune to the plague raising them as undead.

Undead paladins are one of the few class/race combos that are specifically forbidden in WoW lore.

Night Elf Mages?
I don't think Night Elf Mages are expressly forbidden by the lore. But the Night Elves did spend the past few thousand years shunning Arcane magic. But there's nothing to suggest that they can't wield Arcane magic. At least as far as I know.

The Undead wielding Holy Light is very painful for them. To the point that either using it or having it used on them feels like being burned by fire. Essentially, when a Forsaken or Death Knight is healed by a Holy Light-type spell, it's more like cauterizing a would with red-hot metal than a soothing salve.

Not to mention many Forsaken out-right shun and hate the Light, instead following what they call The Forgotten Shadow.
There is a precedent for undead paladins. Sir Zeliek, a paladin in life, so strong in his faith, that even in undeath, the power of the light still heeds his call, smiting his foes in battle.
02/20/2011 11:33 PMPosted by Bionix
There is a precedent for undead paladins. Sir Zeliek, a paladin in life, so strong in his faith, that even in undeath, the power of the light still heeds his call, smiting his foes in battle.

Which, if you read my post, accounts for that.
cannot my friend...hehehe