BFG extremely rigged towards Alliance

General Discussion

you sound pretty mad bro... the fact that you are doing rated bgs as an ele sham is a pretty poor choice considering how gimp they are, maybe you should respect resto and stop projecting your poor play style choices on others.

btw you're also 75 points under what you need for spell pen, and 1% under the hit cap for pvp. Before you call other people bad, you should make sure you're not bad yourself.

Do your team a favor and respec, but if you wont do that then atleast get the min stats you need to be productive instead of QQing on the forums.

I'm not going to post anymore against a troll.

"Doing rated bgs as an ele sham"

Stopped right there. Move along.

02/21/2011 6:32 PMPosted by Methodize
I was going to tell you to stop complaining and assault the other node, but you already answered your own post.

If I assault the other node, it's still an advantage for the alliance, they start off with 2 assaulted nodes, we start off with 1.

bullcrap you're rated bg team is prob not that good if you're having problems winning it.
02/22/2011 10:56 AMPosted by Holychula
bullcrap you're rated bg team is prob not that good if you're having problems winning it.

We're not having problems winning it. We only have problems when we go against teams that know how to abuse the terrain advantages.
Got to admit, I read this title as "Big F@#$@! Gun extremely rigged towards Alliance."
Didnt that chart on MMO state that horde usually win everything except AV? :<
I used to play Alliance. I made a comment about how Alliance wins so few BGs. Lots of people chimed in and said i'm bad, its just me, i'm a terrible player, etc. My alliance has around 10% win rate leveling from 10-60.

So. I made a Horde. both priests, Horde has worse gear. I'm 41-5 in battlegrounds. This is just retardedly easy as Horde. From my experience, pvp favors Horde heavily.
I've never seen such an imbalanced terrain in any battleground. Specifically in BFG, horde have a GIANT, GIANT disadvantage. I am not exaggerating, I am not trolling, I'm dead serious. The terrain is extremely skewed into the favor of the alliance.

Let's take a look at the map:
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6673/gilneasbig.jpg

From a new person's respective, it looks like a pretty complicated battleground. Once you get used to it, it's not all that complicated. There are 4~ paths to and from the mine, 3 path to and from the light house. Sounds like a slight imbalance, but that's not what I'm getting at. The 4th path is waterworks to mine, it's long and was implemented for an achievement. It's not worth our time.

Now, here's where the messed up part is:

The Alliance have a MUCH shorter, and uninterrupted path to the Waterworks. The horde have two slight terrain interruptions on the way to the Waterworks. One path being uninterrupted, but extremely longer. The Alliance have two, extremely short, uninterrupted paths. The Alliance have platforms on the river to get them across easier, the horde have nothing. The horde have to have water walking or path of frost to get past the second interruption.

Here is the map showing what is what:

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/9826/gil2e.jpg

Red path being the Horde main path.
Orange path is the secondary Horde Path.
Black lines are the terrain interruptions.
Blue path is Alliance main path.
Teal path is Alliance "secondary" path.

The first black line is a gate that Horde must go around or spend some time jumping to get across.

The second black line is a river that has no platforms, horde must cross this with water walking, any damage taken will slow them down.

Now this is where problems come in. Smart Alliance teams will completely abuse this.

What the alliance can do is get to the second horde interruption before the horde does, and completely abuse this. They can Ring of Frost on the river, blow off their water walking abilities, completely peel them off while the other team goes in for the cap of water works.

Here is the way it would work:
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8194/gil2.jpg

It is completely ridiculous. The horde can have 2 paladins with crusader aura and aura mastery, and they still would not get there in time to stop the interception.

The only hope I have in rated battlegrounds against teams that are 1500+ is to assault Light House instead of water works.

Twin Peaks are also completely ridiculous, but I'm not getting into that. BFG is worse.

Got a question for you then, how is it when the battle starts if its so imbalanced that horde and alliance get there at the EXACT SAME TIME? If it was so imbalanced wouldnt there be a time differential between when alliance gets there and the horde gets there? there isnt any that ive ever seen.
Got a question for you then, how is it when the battle starts if its so imbalanced that horde and alliance get there at the EXACT SAME TIME? If it was so imbalanced wouldnt there be a time differential between when alliance gets there and the horde gets there? there isnt any that ive ever seen.

They don't get there at exactly the same time. In any battleground, it's extremely obvious that alliance are there first, and have at least 5 seconds to cap before the horde show up.

Skilled teams will abuse this, with crusader and aura mastery (Even if the horde have it), they can get them stuck in the river before WW is capped.

Don't believe me? Take a look at the damn map, which axis is longer?

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5372/axisv.jpg
I must be reading TV Tropes too much. When I first read this topic's title, I thought you were referring to someone's 'Big effing Gun'...
Just trash it, I'm tired of these newer battlegrounds anyway..Blizzard couldn't think of anything but clones of Warsong Gulch and Arathi Basin, really?
you are all fools, right away someone has a valid point and their a troll.. why are so many people so placid and just shake their heads saying oh well, or stop complaining? there is something wrong with this game and all you fools just shrug and do nothing, are you all that desperate? with no life to complain to the game that takes your money each month and when they rig stuff you do nothing? No wonder this world is in the shape its in, no one has values or any idea of whats right and wrong. Call me a troll, because you most likely will, thats your answer to everything
Two things:

1. There is no imbalance. People need to learn to play the BGs as intended.

2. Don't necro.
Folks, please be mindful of the date on a thread and do not resurrect/bump it if it is fairly old. If you wish provide feedback on a topic or participate in a discussion create your own or find one that is recent. This thread will now be locked.