Working Aspect Switch Macros (Hunter) 4.0.6.

UI and Macro
Note; you should first try the standard

#showtooltip <shot>
/cast !Aspect of the X
/cast <shot>

First -- if your not seeing delays (primarily with steadyshot spam), then you should continue to use that/those macros.

Otherwise; for those of us spammers who were having issues with that macro;

#showtooltip Arcane Shot
/castsequence reset=1 !Aspect of the Hawk, null
/cast Arcane Shot

#showtooltip Chimera Shot
/cast Chimera Shot

#showtooltip Serpent Sting
/cast Serpent Sting

#showtooltip Steady Shot
/startattack
/castsequence reset=1 !Aspect of the Fox, null
/cast Steady Shot

Notes on the above;
-specifically in the situation where you go from spamming steady to doing 1 instant (arcane, chimera, serpent) and back to steady (SS, SS, <X>, SS, SS) there can be an issue on that 2nd SS if you continue to spam to far into the cast, the SS macro wont reset before you start pusing SS (for the 3rd SS).. and you'll still be in hawk from the <X> shot macro'd switch.

-do not try to use these (or any macro???) with aimed shot at the moment, there are significant issues where it wont cast aimed instantly, and instead casts the full cast bar, able to move while casting it even in hawk, consumes the fire buff, but still delays AND resets your auto shot, a dps loss. -- If you use these aspect switch macros, I recomend trying to arcane or chimera shot before an aimed (fire!) proc shot to be switched to hawk.

-I was told (Simpleton) that most macro helpers/advocates here.. try to avoid the use of the null argument as its.. a sorta backdoor/glitch, may be eventually removed, etc.. -- use at own risk. (You will not be banned for using these)

Link to original discussion here in the UI/Macro forum; http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2112231588?page=1
(Relinking // reposting for macro visibility search terms.
Removed :)
*facepalm*

Hunter Aspects are not stances, and the [stance] or [form] macro conditions do not apply.
Heh, my b :)
I just tried putting /use Aspect of the Fox after the Steady/Cobra line and find that it doesn't force you into Fox unless you're moving or spamming the key.
That might actually work for Steady macro switching, but does that change any of the macros for getting back into hawk on the other shots?

Either way you'd want to make that a /cast !Aspect of the Fox
so that if it DOES end up recasting it, it doesnt cancel it then shoot some of the time.
We need our Aspects to count as stances and we won't have this crap anymore. Warriors don't have this problem with macros.
03/28/2011 12:26 AMPosted by Sintacks
We need our Aspects to count as stances and we won't have this crap anymore. Warriors don't have this problem with macros.
Your name seems familiar to me, as in I think I've seen you frequent this board before, but in case you weren't aware:

Warriors have stances because their stances change the spells that are available to them.
Hunters do not have stances because their aspects simply give them a buff.

The developers specifically stated that their intention was to have things like death knight presences, hunter aspects, and paladin auras be treated differently from druid/warrior/rogue/shadowpriest stances.
all work fine great! thanks for the tips!
Work perfectly thxx bro !!
tried this macro and it works , im lvling a hunter dunno if it helps on higher lvls
basically cast aspect of the hawk and arcane shot send pet to atack ur target and if u have a cat it will use roar of courage, is spammable but when u r out of combat it will toggle between Cheetah and Hawk
#showtooltip arcane shot
/castsequence reset=1 Aspect of the Hawk, null
/cast arcane shot
/petassist
/use roar of courage
/cast [nocombat] !Aspect of the Cheetah
I'm certain that nearly 1/2 a year later everyone was still monitoring this thread. Thanks for your input.

Perhaps it would be more advantageous to hit the hunter forums (there's a macro sticky) with this :D