Unholy PVE Guide (5.2)

Death Knight
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 Next
09/23/2012 09:45 AMPosted by Doomslayers
can unholy use 1h swords etc is it better ?

No. Two handers only.

09/23/2012 07:03 PMPosted by Fedorah
What is the best race for Unholy Horde? I know Forsaken got buffed.

Orc still reigns top dps, for whatever reason you wouldn't wanna be a goblin.
This thread will be updated later today (PST). If you require immediate updates for the expansion, I have the new information on EJ.

elitistjerks.com/f72/t130584-unholy_dps_welcome_jungle_5_0_4_a/

EDIT: Updates have been added here. Thanks for being patient.
t y v m , this guide opens up a lot of possibilities for my gameplay
No problem, Whizzbang. Glad to hear you have a DK.
So I tried unholy today, since I am getting ****ing tired of frosts slot machine dps, and I was only able to pull 50k on dummy tonight and 59-60k as 2H frost. Is unholy really that far in the gutter.
10/30/2012 11:11 PMPosted by Nerfdks
So I tried unholy today, since I am getting ****ing tired of frosts slot machine dps, and I was only able to pull 50k on dummy tonight and 59-60k as 2H frost. Is unholy really that far in the gutter.

Don't worry about dummy dps.
Still haste > crit > mastery for 2H Unholy?
I heard Haste > mastery > crit is better.

Can somebody clarify me this dilema?
11/03/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Infést
Still haste > crit > mastery for 2H Unholy?

That is correct.
10/30/2012 11:11 PMPosted by Icyveìns

UH is indeed that far in the gutter.
12/10/2012 09:19 PMPosted by Vamp
UH is indeed that far in the gutter.

No, it isn't.

They've each got there own strengths and weaknesses. Unholy is not that far behind, and any weapons/gear we get in the future that procs Shadow damage will only push it farther up.

Play Unholy if you want too, you aren't forced to play Frost by any means.
The sky will be falling to some. Frost wins on something like raid bots more by overall participation than actual performance. It's not a perfect system and each fight and even raid design changes things. But it's too easy to get into a sky is falling mindset. The only real difference is any fights with mechanics that are more anti melee hurts Frost slightly less. Even the ability to howling blast while running out alone lets more damage be logged than dot tics alone unless the Unholy is lucky enough to have Timmy grown for that run out still damaging the mob. Unfortunately balancing specs for every single fight mechanic is hard to measure.

On top of that the logs are all subject to human error. An unholy who does not take advantage of a few extra potential soul reapers alone will lose to the frost. It's definitely not perfect but there is worse options than to use a Unholy DK. Just many Unholy DKs are not as geared as the frost and the min/max guilds would go consistent dps overall higher peak potential usually.
01/04/2013 12:09 PMPosted by Frostbaned
a spec that takes more skill

Stop acting like unholy is that much harder then frost.

Festering with your FF|BB runes and scourge strike with the DD|UU.
It's not.

Try DW frost. Have fun.

Less numbers playing unholy doesn't mean it's harder to play.
It's not.

Try DW frost. Have fun.

Less numbers playing unholy doesn't mean it's harder to play.

Agreed, having low numbers as Unholy doesn't mean it is hard, it means the player isn't doing it right, but what Frostbaned is saying is that Unholy is harder than Frost 2H the overwhelming popular choice with dps DKs due to its "hit the shiny" rotation. Also, there is no reason to play DW Frost at the moment due to 2H Frost beating it in nearly every sim outside of windlord and a few others.
wow thats a lot of info
This is an exact copy and paste from Elitistjerks. This guy doesn't know anything about the game, he is simply copy/pasting from Elitistjerks.com and should be reported for plagiarism.
01/17/2013 01:44 PMPosted by Loadingx
This is an exact copy and paste from Elitistjerks. This guy doesn't know anything about the game, he is simply copy/pasting from Elitistjerks.com and should be reported for plagiarism.

This just in; the OP is the person who wrote the EJ guide.