Who was hoping for more?

General Discussion
1 2 3 32 Next
4.1..I know its the beginning and I'am going to be a little patient and wait for more to pop but I was disappointed at this first look.

I'am seriously hoping for something better later on. I'am happy for all those who will want to gear alts or get their mounts but revamped content is revamped. A lot of people will ignore those dungeons or farm the epics for DE. What smart people would do but yawn.

It doesn't address the tons of things people had and honestly I would be more excited for an appearance tab. Its a first look but I highly doubt something like that will be added.If this is the gist of it...I'll likely be gone for I was hoping for more. Yet to those who are still having fun great for you.

Also Firelands raid and new dungeons don't count unless its something drastically different from the initial formula. Yet seriously I would have hoped they added something else for people to do outside of raiding.
We have more in store even past patch 4.1 and we'll be sharing more details about them before much longer. We'll also be sharing a more complete look at Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman (including the updated mounts.) Though, testing on the PTR will get you a look at it more up front and personal.

We are not near the "end" of things in World of Warcraft nor at the "end" of our ideas. Development takes time though and we plan to make sure that experiences in game continue to be epic.

It's not even out yet, or even on the PTR, so just relax, and wait. Things can change

I, for one, wanted them back as 85 content. They were fun instances, and I did not want them just to farm the mount.
Heres me wishing for a hunter overhaul* / major patching to improve.
why more troll instances we've already done. Surely you guys have more ideas
02/24/2011 9:46 AMPosted by Amagezing

Because people have been asking for them.
I'm already PO'ed about the next expac.

Figured I'd just get a head start of all the other whiners.
We have more in store even past patch 4.1 and we'll be sharing more details about them before much longer. We'll also be sharing a more complete look at Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman (including the updated mounts.) Though, testing on the PTR will get you a look at it more up front and personal.

We are not near the "end" of things in World of Warcraft nor at the "end" of our ideas. Development takes time though and we plan to make sure that experiences in game continue to be epic.

Fantastic!
I'm excited, I can't wait to revisit ZG and ZA, I had a blast in those instances back when they were released and I'm looking forward to see them re-imagined now. If the changes to Deadmines and SFK are any indication, this will be a great patch!

Would you mind pointing those people out to me?

People wanted ZG/ZA back so they could farm the mounts. They did NOT want ZG and ZA rehashed and used as a band-aid for new content.

Sure, so you reused already in game stuff to buy time for development

I sincerely hope its not one of those "Turalyon and Alleria will be in Outland" statements
02/24/2011 9:50 AMPosted by Stumpyshock

People wanted ZG/ZA back so they could farm the mounts. They did NOT want ZG and ZA rehashed and used as a band-aid for new content.

The post above you for starters.

The CoT instances have been extremely popular in the past. ZA and ZG are two of the most popular raids the game has ever had. Bringing them back for 5 mans makes a lot of sense.
02/24/2011 9:47 AMPosted by Straasha

they want them back at level 60 so they can farm the mounts

Not true. People love having outdoor instances. /raises hand

So far the majority of these happen to be Troll related... give us more! They're gorgeous zones to play in. People want ZG back for the mounts, of course, but before ZG was gone people were still asking when the next out-door Troll raid was coming.

Also, when are we getting the suggestion forums back? =( I know it's nice to have thoughts mingle in their relevant threads but it also gets kinda... cluttered.
I get that a lot of people would like to see old stuff coming back, but enough is enough. Is this going to be an expansion of rehashed content? I was fine with deadmines and sfk coming back, after all they were just 2 of the 9 instances. But now in a major patch, all that we are getting is stuff we already did before.

I know the raids are brand new, but given the lack of new instances compared to previous expansions I was really hoping that blizzard would catch up on new content. I was expecting ZG to come back, after all it is tied to the new STV quests. It makes sense. But ZA? bringing ZA back doesn't makes sense at all. It's not tied to the current storyline, Zul'Jin is long dead. I loved that place back in TBC, but what I really want is to step into something new and experience new content.

The feeling of wonder I felt when I first stepped in Vortex Pinnacle or Halls of Origination is not the same as stepping into Deadmines or SFK for the 1000th time, even if it was now an heroic.

Sorry about all the rambling but just wanted to voice my opinion. Enough with the rehashes please.
02/24/2011 9:52 AMPosted by Aelelia
Also to add can you guys add real pvp weekly quests? It would be fun to have good incentives to go raid each other and do FTA or FTH.

This is a good idea I think, give a pvp objective outside of ORG and Stormwind, or something like that.

I want ZG back because it was my favourite raid. :/ I don't want some stupid redone heroic.
4.1 is a major content patch in the early stages...be patient...more will come. Although...I would have loved to see a new CoT instance in place of one of the troll instances.

Here's a question, will the new 5 man troll instances grant rep with some of the classic factions (Zandalar Tribe for instance?)
idk ZG back sounds cool to me. id better lvl fast mabye i can tank it =p

woot thanks for new content!