Guildmaster ninja

Customer Support
Hi, I play on nagrand server, and yesterday morning I was one of the officers in a guild called "Failure to Comply". Yesterday afternoon the GM and his co-leaders (family and IRL friend) decided they'd rather play rift than wow, and so gkicked everyone in the guild, and stated on ventrilo that they were taking all the guild bank gold and items as payment for the guild ventrilo. I've read multiple threads, some insisting that the guildmaster owns the guild, others stating that blizz has actioned GuildMasters who have done as this Guildmaster has, and would like a concrete answer if possible. While I understand that the GuildMaster founded the guild and in theory owns everything, we have all contributed towards that guild, and I along with a fellow officer feel that a level 18 guild with 100k in the guild bank and multiple raiding teams is a team effort, and think that the GM deciding that he's over wow is NOT a reason to do the things he's done. I've put an in-game ticket in, but was hoping that someone would know what I should expect.
Please report this with an in game ticket. The items in the bank do belong to the guild, but if the guildmaster kicked everyone first that might change things.
Well, at the moment the guild still exists. He hasn't gdisbanded, im guessing because a level 18 guild probably has some value. Dunno about whether he's taken all the gold and items out yet or what, but I don't think it should matter. He still destroyed the guild by kicking EVERYONE (all 100+ members) minus himself and his two IRL friends and their alts. I'm hoping this doesn't mean it's still "a guild" and not a "guild ninja". I heard that the old gm of Myrmidons <nagrand> did the same thing as our GM did, and he got banned for months and everything was returned, so i'm hoping the rules haven't changed since BC.
i am also a member of "Failure to comply" who returned from work yesterday to find all the hard work iv put into this guild for the last month or two was a giant waist of time. because the GM decided to leave wow, where he could have done the reasonable thing and hand the guild over to the active players / raiders in the guild. he has decided to gkick all members bar himself and his two IRL friends. in order to presumably sell the guild / items / gold in bank to compensate for the guild vent server. i would really like to see a blue post about what can be done in this situation thanks blizzard.
It is his guild to do with as he wants, he can kick anyone he wants and invite and promote anyone he wants. As long as he is not disbanding the guild and taking the gold for himself there is nothing you can do.
03/02/2011 10:01 PMPosted by Mightydruids
i would really like to see a blue post about what can be done in this situation thanks blizzard.

Well, that depends on the particulars of the case, Mightydruids.

Though a Guild consists of multiple individuals, it is controlled by one individual person. That person controls who may be invited and who is removed from the guild and who has access to what features which includes the Guild Bank. While all this is true, it is understood that a Guild is intended to be a living growing collection of like minded individuals, pulling their talents and resources and working together to accomplish goals.

A guild generally works together to gather materials and gold to fund their endeavors, including leveling and gearing up their members and supplying repair costs, potions, etc... for raiding.

For this reason, though a guild is controlled by an individual, actions taken by that one person may be called into question when they negatively impact the efforts and progress of others.

In certain cases, when evidence shows that the actions taken are considered a scam, we may step in and take appropriate actions in an effort to ensure a fun and fair environment for all players.

As suggested, submit an in-game petition to report the actions taken. The matter will be investigated and if violations of our policies are found, appropriate actions will be taken.
03/02/2011 6:21 PMPosted by Shellendrea
stated on ventrilo that they were taking all the guild bank gold and items as payment for the guild ventrilo

if they've stated this in any in-game chat channels, you should mention it in your ticket.
Unfortunately the Guild Master and his co Leaders said nothing at all to the members of the <Failure to Comply>. We all had the pleasure of logging on to ... well, nothing. We lost everything, the Guild we called home, the community we’d built and the guild bank that we had all contributed to... our personal rank with the guild and all the achievements. Anyone could understand and comprehend the frustration, anger and heartache we have all felt over this :(
Wish you guys the best of luck. I know how it can be to have a GM turn on you. I am now GM of my own guild and hope people will understand me when they come back from a hiatus from playing that Ive sent them to a low rank that has no bank access (prevents possible compromises from teir account to afect GB) as I dont really like to kick people, even if they are inactive. Not sure what can be done if anything since Guild rules are still roughly the same as they have been even though perks/achievements/rep have been added to guilds. Some things have changed but think they could be better.

If you dont get a great result but know a way to prevent this in the future I would post this in the Guild forum for the devs to see about implimenting, if its good enough they may add/change based on your suggestion
Yah was a sad day...two days before, the officers (me being one) had a feeling the GM was going to kick us for ... well, I'm not really sure what (because we suggested 25 man for the 5th time I think)...then the next day the GM spoke to me on vent and it seemed everything was fine, and then we find out they've kicked everyone with the reason "we've decided to stop playing and can't afford to spend money on guild any more"...I also don't understand why they couldn't just transfer it to another active player.

We've all worked very hard to get the guild leveled up and get our guild reps up, and it's just been taken away for a very unsatisfying reason.
well now that BLizz has shoved GUILDS down our throats, it needs to be stated guild rep should be transferrable to a new guild. You have already proven your dedication to a guild environment that may or may not be what you want, i loathe guilds and despise being forced to join one . I too was scammed, built a raiding guild from the ground with 2 other players but only ONE person can be GM. lame, he quit playing a kicked everyone , after of course pocketing all the gold, epics, and items in the bank. good job blizz
Blizz haven't shoved guilds down our throats. If you have trust issues with being in a guild, simply don't be. The problem is that some people are unscrupulous, and you can't exactly screen a Guildmaster. I just wish there were set rules as to when blizzard would act, and when they wouldn't, instead of one huge grey area. Also: maybe less than a 2 day wait for tickets to be answered would be nice. I miss the time when 2 hours was a long wait.
03/03/2011 5:48 AMPosted by Wogra
why would the guild master want these items if he was done with the game and leaving to play rift? doesn't add up

Because he is either:

a) Not leaving the game at all

b) Leaving a trail of scorched earth as he departs and hooking up friends and family on the way out.
Nothing was done. The ruling is that if a guildmaster gkicks everyone with a desire to ninja, that's entirely different to a guildmaster ninjaing everything and then /gdisbanding. I call semantics, and believe that the blizz TOS was not updated since the new guild perks and ranks, which add actual value to guilds. With a bit of luck, one of the dev team will read this and prevent this sort of stupidity from happening again. Sadly, I fear that many unscrupulous Guildmasters will have to ninja before blizzard acts. I'm still amazed at the absolute "we're not going to do anything about this because its not specifically against the rules" attitude of the GMs who dealt with this.
03/07/2011 5:22 PMPosted by Shellendrea
With a bit of luck, one of the dev team will read this and prevent this sort of stupidity from happening again.

Sadly, no dev will see it unless you post it in the Achievements and Guild Advancement forum. Devs don't read this forum.

Sorry to hear about what happened though :( I was hoping it would work out for all of you in the end.
03/07/2011 5:22 PMPosted by Shellendrea
Nothing was done. The ruling is that if a guildmaster gkicks everyone with a desire to ninja, that's entirely different to a guildmaster ninjaing everything and then /gdisbanding.

Well if you like rolling over and taking it, that's your prerogative, but you also can challenge the ruling.

No one said the things that were worth fighting for were easy to fight for.
03/03/2011 6:06 AMPosted by Wichasha
why would the guild master want these items if he was done with the game and leaving to play rift? doesn't add up

Because he is either:

b) Leaving a trail of scorched earth as he departs and hooking up friends and family on the way out.

You missed one.

stated on ventrilo that they were taking all the guild bank gold and items as payment for the guild ventrilo.

That bit sort of implies that he plans on selling things to pay for the guild vent server (those can cost money).
03/07/2011 6:05 PMPosted by Moineau

Because he is either:

You missed one.

stated on ventrilo that they were taking all the guild bank gold and items as payment for the guild ventrilo.

That bit sort of implies that he plans on selling things to pay for the guild vent server (those can cost money).
And if I'm thinking on this right, wouldn't that be on the level of crossing the two streams of real/virtual money/items?
03/07/2011 6:05 PMPosted by Moineau

Which would have taken place outside of our purview, Moineau. If the actions themselves, that had been taken in-game, were deemed to not fall within our scam policy then I'm afraid nothing further can be done.

Could policy change to include such actions? Absolutely, our policies are always changing to accommodate new practices. I'm sorry that nothing could be done for this particular case though.