Patch 4.1/4.2 Content

General Discussion
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 Next
Worse decision Blizzard has made so far in Cata, and there has been a lot of bad decisions.

...this coming from someone who has cleared barely 50% of REGULAR raid content. And you can't claim "ALT" since your guild is at the same level.

You and everyone who thinks like you can go and enjoy Rift.

Please!

That is not a valid arguement, just because you haven't completed all the content doesn't mean you can't ask for more. Just because people haven't kill 25 man HM LK doesn't mean we shouldn't of had cataclysm.
03/04/2011 12:49 PMPosted by Imnotblind

...this coming from someone who has cleared barely 50% of REGULAR raid content. And you can't claim "ALT" since your guild is at the same level.

You and everyone who thinks like you can go and enjoy Rift.

Please!

That is not a valid arguement, just because you haven't completed all the content doesn't mean you can't ask for more. Just because people haven't kill 25 man HM LK doesn't mean we shouldn't of had cataclysm.

You can ask for more, but that doesn't mean Blizzard is going to give it to you. Pacing content is the only way we won't end up with another Sunwell (for the casuals) or ICC situation (for the hardcores). Nobody has any sort of patience anymore, and that's on both sides.

You can ask for more, but that doesn't mean Blizzard is going to give it to you. Pacing content is the only way we won't end up with another Sunwell (for the casuals) or ICC situation (for the hardcores). Nobody has any sort of patience anymore, and that's on both sides.

It's like a kid asking for dessert when they haven't finished what's on their plate. No, finish what you have or at least come pretty damn close, then ask for dessert.
I have to say, this is one of the ONLY decisions blizzard has made that I agree with this expansion.

I'm really glad to see you guys are doing this.

We pay for the content, it's there job to listen to their customers. Most people seem to forget that BC shipped with t4 AND t5, and people never did Kara, Gruul's lair, and Magtheridon right? It's faulty logic. The only reason why people skipped Ulduar is because ToCr was EASIER, AND GAVE BETTER GEAR. Heroics gave the same gear as Ulduar. There are two simple ways to solve that, make Firelands hard AND delay the valor/justice conversion. You do that and bamm, problem solved (Opinions partially shaped by TotalBiscuit).
I see a ton of messages basically saying, "stfu until you have cleared all the current content"
Since when was clearing 100% of the current content something that must happen before someone can feel bored or tired of the same recycled crap?

I haven't done jack in cata as far as raids and I'm sick of the current content already, as most people are. To be quite honest for the first 2 months of Cata all I did was pull fail groups through heroics over and over again. 45 min queues to wipe and disband in the first few pulls was enough to "make" me tank the runs. After farming 3-4 heroics a day, day after day, week after week just to get raid ready, I had had enough. So like alot of folks I said the hell with it and got into some pvp instead.

The game is the game, but if you one liners think that rehashing old content over and over is cool, or that people can't be bored and want something new just because they haven't finished 12/12 hardmode, then you are idiots. If i had done 12/12 normal, i'd get a snappy and clever, "go do HM's". Just because you think you have something to say, doesn't mean you should, or even that you do.

If you can't see the almost constant contradiction in blizzards program, you should get your eyes checked. One week it's a nerf, the next it was unintended and gets buffed. It is obvious that there is a great deal of confusion at blizz, and the folks handling things are apparently in over their heads.

Maybe it's time to remove the celebrity concept that is Ghostcrawler and bring someone in with a clear head and less ego. I tire of his unending banter about game mechanics anyway, if he plays as much as he says, then maybe he should be working on content and balance instead? /end rant

edited for bad spelling
"Smaller content patches" is cool if they come out faster than big raid content patches do.

Meanwhile, here we are four months later...

We pay for the content, it's there job to listen to their customers. Most people seem to forget that BC shipped with t4 AND t5, and people never did Kara, Gruul's lair, and Magtheridon right? It's faulty logic. The only reason why people skipped Ulduar is because ToCr was EASIER, AND GAVE BETTER GEAR. Heroics gave the same gear as Ulduar. There are two simple ways to solve that, make Firelands hard AND delay the valor/justice conversion. You do that and bamm, problem solved (Opinions partially shaped by TotalBiscuit).

And that's your problem right there, listening to TotalBiscuit. If Blizzard followed everything he said, this would be a Hardcore only game (and I'm sure he'd be completely fine with that).

The majority of the player base that hasn't even cleared Normal Mode T11 is also paying for the said content. I've seen a ton of people coming out and thanking Blizzard for doing this. A TON. There are opinions on both sides. To think yours is the only one that counts is hubris, to say the least.

The current course Blizzard is taking seems to be a middle ground that makes a majority of their paying customers happy. The very vocal minority that are crying this is the worst thing to ever happen to the game needs to take a step back and look at the big picture.

What does it hurt hardcore players if casuals get a couple of heroics early rather than having it held off until Firelands is ready? Do you really think that Blizzard was going to release Firelands any sooner without it even being on the PTR right now? Pushing new raid content too quickly is what lead to Ulduar's untimely demise, the same would happen with T11. But as long as the top 3% get what they want, they don't care. Let the unwashed masses deal with sloppy seconds.
03/04/2011 12:47 PMPosted by Kerthorok
12/12 H Tier 11.

13/13 for heroics :P
well ive just downloaded the ptr and it says i cannot play on the new test realms because they are all down? is this what it should say right now or is there a problem here?

And that's your problem right there, listening to TotalBiscuit. If Blizzard followed everything he said, this would be a Hardcore only game (and I'm sure he'd be completely fine with that).

The majority of the player base that hasn't even cleared Normal Mode T11 is also paying for the said content. I've seen a ton of people coming out and thanking Blizzard for doing this. A TON. There are opinions on both sides. To think yours is the only one that counts is hubris, to say the least.

The current course Blizzard is taking seems to be a middle ground that makes a majority of their paying customers happy. The very vocal minority that are crying this is the worst thing to ever happen to the game needs to take a step back and look at the big picture.

What does it hurt hardcore players if casuals get a couple of heroics early rather than having it held off until Firelands is ready? Do you really think that Blizzard was going to release Firelands any sooner without it even being on the PTR right now? Pushing new raid content too quickly is what lead to Ulduar's untimely demise, the same would happen with T11. But as long as the top 3% get what they want, they don't care. Let the unwashed masses deal with sloppy seconds.

For one, you opinion on totalbiscuit is ignorant.

Yes the majority haven't complete 12/12 normal. So what? Only 19.41% of guilds have killed NORMAL LK. Oh I guess we need another year of ICC, cos' enough people haven't killed him.

I have never said it's the biggest mistake they have ever made, but, it's still a mistake. And I don't know about you but, I tend to dislike mistakes.

It does hurt hardcores, because they have to wait for content for non-hardcores to complete the content. And yes, I am certain Firelands was delayed by this move. Or did you forget that it was originally intended to be released as entry level content? I'm certain that 3 months after the fact they have a couple of bosses ready for testing. It wasn't the content being released that killed Ulduar, it was the gear, plain and simply. There is proof in concept, it was called the BC (which I've already mentioned). You have to ask yourself, what was different from tier 4-5 than tier 8-9. And that's badges and difficulty.
I don't really raid anymore but I don't understand the reasoning of releasing two recycled content 5 mans without a new raid. If you want to wait on releasing Firelands to give more time to people in the current raids to clear it then just wait and release 4.1 with Firelands when you planned to release 4.2. Nobody wants a whole content patch to just be recycled content 5 mans with gear that is less than that of current raiding quality.
I like the pace that this sets for the expansion, but I'm on the fence about epic loot in heroic 5-mans. I think it would be terribly sad if it allows players to circumvent the first raid tier when the second one is released. "But why, Aqualad? Why shouldn't everyone have access to the current raid tier?" Ok, I'll tell you. I started my first character during TBC, right about when Black Temple was released. There was no easy fast track to the current raid tier. My guild had to start with Kara, Mag and Gruul, and follow the progression from there. I am so intensely glad that I got to really experience ALL of TBC's raid content (in proper order), and that the difficulty of each tier was not diminished by welfare epics that supplanted all the tiers beneath the current one. Linear progression is fulfilling. Skipping tiers is not.
I think its a good idea. there is no one 12/12 on normal i don't believe in our realm, and sure as hell aren't any on H. More time to raid it out, and gear up some alts is never bad.

I was one of the people to not get into Ulduar until i was 85 and i still haven't cleared it. i was deployed all through Wrath. I haven't even finished ICC, so its nice to slow it down a little for us who cant be on here 24/7
03/04/2011 1:13 PMPosted by Saraphiell
I'm really glad to see you guys are doing this.
I'm personally dismayed about this change despite understanding why it's being done. As far as I've seen, low-quantity releases released more often hasn't really ever happened (anyone remember how long ago Valve said that about Half Life Episodes 1-3?)

And just a quick intelligence check for those who say "You can't complain, you're not 12/12." I know rational arguments don't really get through to irrational people, but I can't help myself. If you have a plate of lima beans for dinner, are you not allowed to want something else if you haven't finished your lima beans yet?
03/04/2011 1:45 PMPosted by Smiggz
well ive just downloaded the ptr and it says i cannot play on the new test realms because they are all down? is this what it should say right now or is there a problem here?

it's down for everyone.