Vanguards Retribution Paladin PvP Guide 7.1

Paladin
Prev 1 2 3 29 Next
Same guide at AJ but with update,

Sticky deserve.

Edit: Welcome back Vanguard.
our hit cap is still 5% despite having spells like HOW due to sheath of light as said by another poster.

@daisyfan thx!
What about expertise? I'm sitting at 20 right now (with SoT glyph), does that sound right?
that's a pretty good number, I like to sit at 3-5% just so that my crusader strikes wont be dodged by wizards / clothes too often
i still find it absolutely garbage that we still remain the only melee class in the game with a %*!*ing slow. considering rogues, dks, and ferals all get speed buffs AND a slow it makes us completely worthless. and considering that our main source of dmg, wings, can be dispelled/stolen from more than half of the classes is bull@*!!. blizz needs to take a minute and think about this. hopefully they fix this while im out farming holy gear to make up for being a useless class
I'm sitting at almost 10% haste...

Is this bad?
I'm sitting at almost 10% haste...

Is this bad?

for pvp i generally consider haste to be pretty bad unless you can somehow obtain near 30% passive haste for somewhere near a 3second crusader strike if u pick up the talent

i dont see that being possible this season
Bump that thread!
I should not but well.

Edit: I find the mastery kind miss something, seems im not hurting people,but on my hordie i can do a lot, its maybe depend of the gear.
So far i got my 5hit cap about maybe 3999-4400 dmg i think, oh well its maybe the gear.
Otherwise wtb SShield but in 20sec cd to pop.

@Fatherjamal i understand your pain man, but need to get patience to geared up/know your own rotation. like say, you need to take the right time, you will find out a good solution. Ret still good on dealing again.

@vanguard, i wish to telling something but jeez think about come to Dragonmaw to tell you that. its very off-topic.
for pvp i generally consider haste to be pretty bad unless you can somehow obtain near 30% passive haste for somewhere near a 3second crusader strike if u pick up the talent

i dont see that being possible this season

My CD is at about 3 seconds with Hurricane, JotP and Dark Intent up.

Also how do I stop from being kited by Hunters?
Hey Vanguardy just was wondering how resto shammy/ret cc rotation works for you. I have been thinking about playing that comp for 2's atleast. Also ret/resto shammy/sub. I wanna try both these out. Any help on this would be awesome. Keep it up in arena's Vanguardy.
I had a question in regards to Rashnu's build (rashnuxtreme on magtheridon) using Seal of Insight and Seal of Justice as the main seals. I enjoyed his more defensive playstyle in his last video, but does its strengths really justify the damage loss outside of his specific comp?
03/12/2011 2:35 PMPosted by Sealofleet
Hammer of wrath is a spell and requires an 8% spell hit cap, why shouldn't i go for more hit when my hammer of wrath is missing targets at crucial moments in an arena match with a hit cap thats over 5%

I have never had this happen.....
resto shammy / ret is a lot about how good you are at killing healers. the higher rated you are, the better healers u see the harder it gets. any double dps for resto shaman ret should be a big joke

our cc rotation is just what ccs we have. hex->hoj->repent mix it up whatever way you like.
Question for you Vanguardy

I'm Running out of keys to bind things to and I find modifiers are nice but sometimes it just gets hard to hit 2 keys at once.

Do you click some of your macros for example your sacrifices or freedoms etc...?

OK ignore this question I just watched your video much more closely and you have everything binded, nice gotta figure out a way to get my set up working properly

One other question, what are your move around keys (strafe, move forward)?
hey vanguards i got a question i just went outside of stormwind and dueled random frost mages and locks , i could NEVER move it really pissed me off i don't know how to deal with insane cc classed and comps
03/22/2011 10:32 PMPosted by Enti
hey vanguards i got a question i just went outside of stormwind and dueled random frost mages and locks , i could NEVER move it really pissed me off i don't know how to deal with insane cc classed and comps

What you want to do is:

A) Lie down

B) Take it like a man
Hey Van, I think if someone gets Crushing Weight, and wants to use it for PvP, he should spec into Sancticity of Battle to get some use of its wonderful proc.
03/23/2011 1:00 PMPosted by Bráveheart
Hey Van, I think if someone gets Crushing Weight, and wants to use it for PvP, he should spec into Sancticity of Battle to get some use of its wonderful proc.

Probably. What will you sacrifice for it? Seals of Command?
03/23/2011 4:50 PMPosted by Anshar

Probably. What will you sacrifice for it? Seals of Command?

Probably improved HOJ.
This is an incredible guide and I really recommend that anyone looking to boost their PVP game from the 1700s level to that 2k level, watch his video. Just from understanding how he is approaching his cooldowns and how/when to stack zeal/wings has completely changed my game.

I went from dropping wings off the bat to just waiting out trinkets for the 2nd stun to wings/zeal and people regularly just /concede once the hammer falls and i pop my CDs.

I do have a question though. Vandy, how do you feel about shield swaps vs physical? Is it worthwhile to use the 2 GCDs to swap to a shield or is the dmg mitigation negligible.
From my experience it seems to be slightly noticeable, but on the edge of being useless.