Vanguards Retribution Paladin PvP Guide 7.1

Paladin
Prev 1 21 22 23 29 Next
It doesn't matter. All threads pertaining to retribution and all the helps will not do any good. Since bliztard entertainment gave all classes the ability to heal. Evenly geared matches will always end in fail for the retribution paladin. Example,
Huntards they get a wonderful %5 regeneration with their pet up, and if they glyph for it, which most of them do, they get an extra 10%.

Mage's get a heal, a bubble, and if they happen to freeze you of any sort you are done, because paladins can't cleanse magic anymore (thanks blizztard).

Locks get insane health and dmg shield and can regenerate health fast, as well as, critical hit you for around 250k dmg with you having the 5,280 resilience.

These are just a few things there are much much more.

Retribution spec's can't heal as good as they use to. On top of that our damage output has been drastically reduced. No more face rolling keyboards and laughing at the others. My point is unless WoD fixes the dumb down version of retribution, may as well delete the spec cause it's obvious they are forcing paladins to do protection or holy spec. They did this same thing in BC retribution was so messed up that most guilds would only allow 1 paladin to be the retribution paladin. Strictly utility nothing more. Its complete junk that we have to endure all these nerfs while the classes that really need nerfs aren't being looked at. Heck look at the Monk class completely over powered.

I guess what i'm saying is a fully geared Healer vs a fully geared Retribution Paladin will only end in the demise of the paladin. We are nerfed that bad.

I haven't seen good for retribution since WotLK. I wait each expac hoping they would get better. But it keeps getting worse and worse. Due to all the lodged complaints against us, that were totally biased, Retribution gets the ditch. At any rate GL in your future endeavors.

Bruneor OUT!!!
Retribution Paladin - 10 years running
06/25/2014 08:54 PMPosted by Brüneor
It doesn't matter. All threads pertaining to retribution and all the helps will not do any good. Since bliztard entertainment gave all classes the ability to heal. Evenly geared matches will always end in fail for the retribution paladin. Example,
Huntards they get a wonderful %5 regeneration with their pet up, and if they glyph for it, which most of them do, they get an extra 10%.

Mage's get a heal, a bubble, and if they happen to freeze you of any sort you are done, because paladins can't cleanse magic anymore (thanks blizztard).

Locks get insane health and dmg shield and can regenerate health fast, as well as, critical hit you for around 250k dmg with you having the 5,280 resilience.

Retribution spec's can't heal as good as they use to. On top of that our damage output has been drastically reduced. No more face rolling keyboards and laughing at the others. My point is unless WoD fixes the dumb down version of retribution, may as well delete the spec cause it's obvious they are forcing paladins to do protection or holy spec. They did this same thing in BC retribution was so messed up that most guilds would only allow 1 paladin to be the retribution paladin. Strictly utility nothing more. Its complete junk that we have to endure all these nerfs while the classes that really need nerfs aren't being looked at. Heck look at the Monk class completely over powered.

I guess what i'm saying is a fully geared Healer vs a fully geared Retribution Paladin will only end in the demise of the paladin. We are nerfed that bad.

I haven't seen good for retribution since WotLK. I wait each expac hoping they would get better. But it keeps getting worse and worse. Due to all the lodged complaints against us, that were totally biased, Retribution gets the ditch. At any rate GL in your future endeavors.

Bruneor OUT!!!

Yet after 10 years you're still terrible...
Hunter +10% is a glyph and it's 10% of their 5% so don't make it seem super strong

No more face rolling keyboards and laughing at the others.

if this is what you want then shame on you. You're so bad you want to face roll everyone else.

dps isn't supposed to solo a healer last I heard
Well stated. We are in a bad state at the moment. I'm hoping WoD fixes our problems. Only a PVE Hero would argue that we're not in bad shape, since they know nothing about our pvp woes.

I keep thinking removing battle fatigue will be a big boon for us. I've always felt its not right for our main defensive to be sorely gimped in pvp.

06/25/2014 08:54 PMPosted by Brüneor

Bruneor OUT!!!
I liked Vanguards version of pally setup, and have studied it for years. All players are a little different, and macros tend to change as time goes on, which is fine. We're human, we change too :)

I ended up after 6 years writing my own macros at times, trying them out, seeing what works and what doesn't. In the end, it's a fun area of warcraft I like messing with; and I feel like I have my own personal flavor to my game. That make things fun; almost as much as playing the game its self.

Thanks Vanguards, and keep kickin tail across Azeroth.
06/26/2014 11:10 AMPosted by Akhrylics
dps isn't supposed to solo a healer last I heard

And a healer isn't supposed to be able to solo a dps.
Partially updated for 6.0.2.

Still some information to sort out, should be more clear when WoD comes out!
I go with black magic enchant with my weapon line up trink proc with it use fist then burst with holy avenger and on use dead every time and I boosted my pally recently. To gear run Temple of Kotmogu and farm baradin hold till it's up. Really easy I can hold a power orb the whole match and get 20plus kills if everyone's doing it right. Also gem crit and run 3's once geared.
So far I am testing out all of the gem switches to Mastery and I seem to be doing more damage. Unfortunately playing Ret right now is SO dag'on slow I can't stand it! I thought that maybe going straight haste would be interesting, has anyone else tested that out?
Updated for WoD! Stat value still needs testing to finalize.
Hey, Vanguardsz. I just hit level 100 yesterday and after picking up my weapon and trinkets from honor I am wondering which piece to buy next and which version of that piece to go with. I've seen a ton of conflicting information regarding which secondary stats are preferable (every site and guide I've seen seems to have a different list of priorities). Is this a reflection of the fact that Blizzard has been largely (not ENTIRELY, just largely) successful in making the secondary stats more equal in terms of their value to players or does it have more to do with the fact that there just hasn't been enough testing done yet? I notice that on your Darkspear paladin you have gone with a lot of the plate pieces and I was wondering about those as an option. Thanks for taking the time to update this and good luck in the coming season.
There indeed hasn't been a whole lot of time to test the stat values on live. I'm not sure how much of the stats are unchanged in sim. since the beta, or if anyone even setup a sim for them. That isn't even to mention that sims are generally subjective, depending on your situation and environment.
Basically put, I haven't simmed yet, haven't seen sims, and probably won't sim myself. I'll likely wait until someone else puts that information out there and decide from there.

That being said, versatility seems like it will be a strong stat in general for us as a hybrid and our long history of being the #1 target to get trained. Keep in mind that the stat boosts all of our damage and heals, along with increasing our survivability.

After that, I would probably want to get haste until a certain break-point. Maybe 20%? This way, I spend less time waiting for my abilities to come off cd and so I don't have moments where I literally have no buttons to press.

From there, what stat you want would depend on what you want to do. Mastery is likely going to be the best of the remaining stats for sustained damage output. Crit and multistrike will both benefit your healing and your damage, so which to choose there is up in the air, I'd say.

Personally, I'm going with versatility>haste>multistrike>everything else.
great theory crafting, i was speaking to a ret in a bg i just did and they were saying mastery and crit were out top 2 secondary stats but here it says versatility is #1 then haste or mastery which ever

is there still debating on our best secondary stats or is this pretty much set int stone?
Hmmm... the Scaled gear from honor got set bonuses today. Working on picking that stuff up now.
11/20/2014 03:28 PMPosted by Kognus
Hmmm... the Scaled gear from honor got set bonuses today. Working on picking that stuff up now.

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't noticed yet. I haven't managed to get a full set yet. Does anyone know if the 4pc set bonus stacks with Glyph of Word of Glory? Assuming it would be additive instead of multiplicative bonuses, that would be 18% damage increase for a 3 HoPo WoG for 6 seconds, and 9% for another 2 seconds after. Seems like it could be a little intense. haha
do you seriously have to make a freaking ret pally post kid? get this ratleague healing spec out of here
11/24/2014 12:59 AMPosted by Gharok
do you seriously have to make a freaking ret pally post kid? get this ratleague healing spec out of here

How dare you bother Ret Lord Vanguards with your greasy MoP warrior tears. Shoo.
I havent enjoyed ret this much since 4.3 PvE 2piece + 416 gurth and heroic pve trinkets.

And that was just a few hours of Ashraan. I can feel myself getting really into PvP again!
11/24/2014 02:22 AMPosted by Lobster
11/24/2014 12:59 AMPosted by Gharok

How dare you bother Ret Lord Vanguards with your greasy MoP warrior tears. Shoo.
was wrathful tabard the last time your ret was even viable? mhm fotm
11/24/2014 08:00 PMPosted by Gharok

Cataclysmic was a decent time, actually. Yet, most of us here have remained here through the dark times such as MoP. What do you want us to do? Reroll a class or spec that we don't enjoy just so you can have the satisfaction of "balance"? Balance is Blizzard's duty, not the players. Also, while some people may FOTM roll it, coming here and talking !@#$ to the veterans is not going to help you any.
11/24/2014 08:00 PMPosted by Gharok

Actually this character has been specced ret for the past 7ish years without deviation. I'm not sure who your main is but if it's your warrior here, your perception of ret probably has more to do with your level limitations than ret itself. Maybe do some quests and get back to us.

It's weird how people are almost offended that ret is good lol.