Loading Screen...

Mac Technical Support
When I go to enter the world, the loading screen completely loads. However, it just sits there for forever without actually entering the world. Can someone please help me?

BTW im on a Mac
Ditto. I was in Tol Barad and all of the sudden i hit a huge lag spike. I had to force close wow and it was really slow at first logging back in. Now I get the load screen/disconnect.
Yea and I checked the mac tech support forums and they had something on how to fix it for macs, i tried what they posted and it still didn't work... this is extremely annoying
Mine started just around the same time.
Same here. But when I get in the game, I have over 5k latency ( It hit 11k not long ago... )
Blizz apparently seems to blame it on computers, but it cant be us if everyone is experiencing it.
Same problem here, was in an arena and lag spike to ~15000ms and I got cut off. can no longer connect. tracert lags out once it gets to blizzard land so its not an issue on my ISP's end either.
Like i noted in my error report, only blizzard services(WoW and WoW site) are all experiencing major lag issues. Everything else seems unaffected.
Im not lagging... my game just isn't entering the world.. like the load screen loads all the way... then just sits until about 15 minutes later - You have been disconnected ...
03/08/2011 10:47 PMPosted by Furfante
Im not lagging... my game just isn't entering the world.. like the load screen loads all the way... then just sits until about 15 minutes later - You have been disconnected ...

this is because after everything has loaded to memory and it tries connecting to the world server, its lagging out and sending you back to the login screen. you're lagging out, just not getting a chance to see the enormous lag spikes. I just finally managed to get in and was sitting at 3000ms world/5000ms home.
Had the same problem was in Grim Batol, got rid of the folders that were suggested and relogged, can get in now but get DCed every 10 to 15 minutes.... will try again tomorrow....
it happens to me whenever i try to log in, i select a character and then load screen.... and its been like this for a while. also, i use windows
I tried deleting the folders and everything and it still doesn't work.
Having same issue with EotS. Once, again, thanks Blizzard. More of the latency issue that has yet to be fixed.
And its still not working... this is extremely annoying being im 5 bars from 85! lol
Hey guys,

Are these issues still happening? Other than removing the temp files, let's try resetting permissions and flushing your DNS.

Reset the temp files:
    1. Navigate to /Applications/World of Warcraft/
    2. Delete the Cache folder.
    3. Move Interface and WTF to the Desktop.
    4. Launch WoW.

Reset the permissions on your World of Warcraft folder:
    1. Select the World of Warcraft folder
    2. Press Command + I
    3. In the Info box, go to the Sharing & Permissions section and click on the lock and unlock it, entering your admin password when prompted.
    4. Make sure you have Read & Write permissions
    5. Click on the Burst icon (cog wheel) and select Apply to enclosed items

Have you tried a DNS flush yet ?
In terminal :

sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder
sudo killall mDNSResponder
sudo dscacheutil -flushcache

Also go in your Network pref pane -> Advanced -> Renew DHCP lease
It's the return of the Mac, you know that i'll be back, oh oh ohhhh!!
My name is TonyM but you can call me Tony Mac, no seriously, they call me that..
Alright, I just tried all this and its still not going in once the loading screen is done...
Can you try to see if you can create a new level 1 character first and then log in? Also try creating a new character on a different realm too.
It's the return of the Mac, you know that i'll be back, oh oh ohhhh!!
My name is TonyM but you can call me Tony Mac, no seriously, they call me that..
I initially resolved my issue by forcing WoW to shut down. I then simply reloaded the game and logged onto another character that was not stuck loading into a zone. Once logged in, I logged off of that character and was then able to successfully log onto the previously stuck character. This resolved the issue for me and has always resolved these types of issues. Never had to use ipconfig or similar troubleshooting efforts.