Is Old Content going to be Redone every patch

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 Next
03/11/2011 11:16 AMPosted by Nwun
This game is so vast that you can argue whether it's a good game or bad game. Fact is, this MMO is an actual freaking world. A world with pros and cons. Its scary to think that this is the only game I have ever played that is this addicting no matter what patch or expansion they create I will be throwing money away every month to play it. Dc universe, Rift, City of heroes, Guild wars, Aion, Eve, etc. All will never match up to WoW until Blizzard quits expanding WoW.

For your sake, I hope you are right. I left because of game play redesign. Homogenzation. 31 point talent trees at 85? Give me a break. Cookie cutter builds are boring. There is nothing unique anymore wehn choosing a character on character select screens.

I don't care if they quadruple the current physical size of current wow. It is not going to change the fact that they are re-releasing old material that is revamped. It is not going to change the fact that by the time you hit 85 all of the classes have all of the same abilities in one way or another.
Like i said, it has pros and cons. I looked at it half full and decided to stay.
I want no more revamped content. I've played this game for years and it's just getting to be insulting and ridiculous to be paying for the same thing reheated to a different temperature.

I said when Cataclysm was announced that this was just the dev's excuse to go back and revamp Azeroth and input flying etc but it's just getting silly now. I'm tired of going back in and playing the same exact thing at a lower difficulty level. Saying "Oh, we changed this fight and moved this guy over here now!" doesn't make it better. The the same ZONE.

All the people that started playing in Wrath may not mind it but I can't stand it. Stop it. I didn't spend hours in those instance years ago so I could turn around and do it again.

03/11/2011 5:59 AMPosted by Ichikitsune
I still don't understand why this is a big deal or maybe I gave the WoW community too much credit. When Six Flags announced the closure and rebuilt of the Texas Giant everyone jumped for joy

I was pissed actually. The Texas Giant was fine the way it was and if you actually read into what they were doing they had softened up the twists and turns on the coaster because people were complaining it was too rough.

I like a good wooden coaster that can toss you around. I like a challenge. I like a rush. If you don't there are PLENTY of other rides around for you. You don't need to ruin the big kid ones.

See where I'm going with this.
Just a question to Blizzard:

What is the thought process in the staff's mind about removing the dungeons when you are remaking them?

It just seems to be that it wouldn't be so hard to keep both and keep a lot more people satisfied

Hopefully you allow me some insight into your minds because I cannot think of any reason you would continue to destroy and remake

I wouldn't mind some upgraded lvl 85 AQ content I just hope if they choose to do that, that they keep most of the same mechanics thats what made AQ 40 especially fun. Keeping bosses seperated while they port around and a gelatinous blob boss that had to be frozen and shattered "x" amount of times before hes defeated. So please Blizz kepp that in mind if you do decided to update AQ. Oh and the gauntlet run of never ending bugs is a must!
It seems Blizzard's strategy is as follows:

1) Ignore customer complaints
2) When forced to acknowledge the complaints call the complainers liars and cry babies
3) When customers show that they are not lying call their complaints tiresome
4) Release new MMO and hope no one remembers how bad you treated the customer base.
It seems Blizzard's strategy is as follows:

1) Ignore customer complaints

Ignore? So you're saying that Blizzard ignored the player base when everyone whined about how hard it was to raid in vanilla because all we had were 40-man raids? They didn't release any 10/20/25 man content after that, did they? You're saying that Blizzard ignored the player base when everyone whined about how how attunements for raids were painfully long and unnecessary? They didn't take out attunements after that, did they? You're saying that Blizzard ignored the player base when everyone whined about how content was hard in Vanilla and Burning Crusade? They didn't make Lich King easy, did they?

There's a difference between ignoring trolling, whining cry-babies and ignoring your player base. Get it right.

03/11/2011 12:17 PMPosted by Nergalnerull
2) When forced to acknowledge the complaints call the complainers liars and cry babies

See above. =)

3) When customers show that they are not lying call their complaints tiresome

Again, there's a difference. Are you complaining about something just to complain, or are you complaining to be constructive? Make one good post and be a constructive customer and maybe you'll get noticed. Make a thread that says "WAHHHHAHAAAA I HATE IT WHEN LAZY DEV TEAMS JUST GIVE ME THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER" and expect to be ignored.

4) Release new MMO and hope no one remembers how bad you treated the customer base.

If you think they treat you that bad, stop paying them. It's really that simple. Go into your account screen and click the cancel button. Then go play any other MMO and expect to get better results. I dare you.
03/10/2011 5:32 PMPosted by Zarhym
And even still, the WoW development leadership remains largely unchanged. Every time I stop by to chat with these people -- the same people I've been interacting with for years now -- I'm inspired by their creativity, their talent, and their dedication to making this game mega-awesomesauce. ;)

I understand the message you're trying to send. But the problem is that the CoO of Blizzard told the world the opposite message.

The way that we see radical class balance changes from patch to patch - not small tweaks but radical, kneejerk changes, is an indicator to those of us who have been addicted to MMO's over the years that the current design team is not as seasoned as you say. Changes like "remove powershift" or "change this by 100%" are not refinements, they are fundamental redesigns.

I don't begrudge a developer for being unafraid to make change. But these kinds of changes, picking winners and losers each patch, are something I only associate with betas or freshly launched MMO's. Many of us are actually afraid of patch notes now - that is a feeling I never had about any game. Usually my concern is along the lines of wondering when the developer will get around to my pet peeve. But with WoW I feel I'm dealing with some wild animal that could turn and lash out at anyone, at any moment. We can't assume that underpowered classes will be buffed, and overpowered classes will be nerfed. It's just completely haphazard change that in most cases seems senseless.

I don't think an experienced team would give that impression. I think the changes would be logical - there would be rhyme and reason that are today absent.
So in effect the Forum is here just to point out flaws in the game? And QQ about them?

Got it.
They used to have a "suggestions" forum but they removed it for whatever reason so yes... in effect THIS general chat forum is made to point out flaws, troll, and talk about anything at all lol...

dont like it? DONT USE IT hello?
I want no more revamped content. I've played this game for years and it's just getting to be insulting and ridiculous to be paying for the same thing reheated to a different temperature.

I said when Cataclysm was announced that this was just the dev's excuse to go back and revamp Azeroth and input flying etc but it's just getting silly now. I'm tired of going back in and playing the same exact thing at a lower difficulty level. Saying "Oh, we changed this fight and moved this guy over here now!" doesn't make it better. The the same ZONE.

All the people that started playing in Wrath may not mind it but I can't stand it. Stop it. I didn't spend hours in those instance years ago so I could turn around and do it again.

I still don't understand why this is a big deal or maybe I gave the WoW community too much credit. When Six Flags announced the closure and rebuilt of the Texas Giant everyone jumped for joy

I was pissed actually. The Texas Giant was fine the way it was and if you actually read into what they were doing they had softened up the twists and turns on the coaster because people were complaining it was too rough.

I like a good wooden coaster that can toss you around. I like a challenge. I like a rush. If you don't there are PLENTY of other rides around for you. You don't need to ruin the big kid ones.

See where I'm going with this.

I agree with this post 100%
It seems to me that Blizzard is getting a little defensive these days.

Your customers are being vocal about this expansion and rightfully so. IMHO, it deserves both praise and criticism.

I think some people feel it's not enough, we you compare it to the last two. We know the whole world was revamped but most 80's weren't dying to do a 1-60 all over again. For new players, it's great, for 80's, not so much. My nephew started playing it and thinks it's great, he's gone through the new content and Outland.

For the end game player, this time we got 5 levels, a few new zones, end game instances and a PvP area. A week after launch, many were doing the same thing they were doing December 6th, 2010. The next expansion is due 2013, most likely. Can you see where we are coming from?

Some content was redone towards the middle/end of WotLK and now some is being done again.

Everyone I talk to that has played Wow for years feels we paid $40 for 5 levels and the same stuff in WotLK. There are lots of nerfs and hotfxes and then un-nerfes and hotfxes again. There are even more changes in 4.1.

When we get less out of the box, hear announcements of recycled content, sit through changes that are buffed, nerfed, then brought back to a middle ground (some say World of Hotfixes) it just makes us ask ourselves "What is going on over there at Blizzard?".

Now, in these responses you are essentially telling us that we are annoying you. Not good.
03/11/2011 1:24 PMPosted by Jynks
And even still, the WoW development leadership remains largely unchanged. Every time I stop by to chat with these people -- the same people I've been interacting with for years now -- I'm inspired by their creativity, their talent, and their dedication to making this game mega-awesomesauce. ;)

I understand the message you're trying to send. But the problem is that the CoO of Blizzard told the world the opposite message.

The way that we see radical class balance changes from patch to patch - not small tweaks but radical, kneejerk changes, is an indicator to those of us who have been addicted to MMO's over the years that the current design team is not as seasoned as you say. Changes like "remove powershift" or "change this by 100%" are not refinements, they are fundamental redesigns.

I don't begrudge a developer for being unafraid to make change. But these kinds of changes, picking winners and losers each patch, are something I only associate with betas or freshly launched MMO's. Many of us are actually afraid of patch notes now - that is a feeling I never had about any game. Usually my concern is along the lines of wondering when the developer will get around to my pet peeve. But with WoW I feel I'm dealing with some wild animal that could turn and lash out at anyone, at any moment. We can't assume that underpowered classes will be buffed, and overpowered classes will be nerfed. It's just completely haphazard change that in most cases seems senseless.

I don't think an experienced team would give that impression. I think the changes would be logical - there would be rhyme and reason that are today absent.
to quote an epic raid boss.. blizzard... "Your actions are illogical"
03/10/2011 5:32 PMPosted by Zarhym
This talk about losing WoW developers, or that WoW is left to a "B team" is getting tiresome.

Welcome to the forums! Where silly topics are beaten to death by people with nothing better to do while at work (present company included!!)

My greatest fear for the future of WoW is that some day the Blizz devs are going to take all the QQing around here seriously.
Just a question to Blizzard:

What is the thought process in the staff's mind about removing the dungeons when you are remaking them?

It just seems to be that it wouldn't be so hard to keep both and keep a lot more people satisfied

Hopefully you allow me some insight into your minds because I cannot think of any reason you would continue to destroy and remake

exactly. I don't think this has ever been answered.

Does it break Lore in anyway? Well a ton of WoW Lore has already been broken so that part doesn't matter.

Why not satisfy the customers?
and if you HAD to keep with current content"cant have 2 nax's"..... why not make a caverns of time portal? wouldnt/shouldnt be that hard.. just drag n drop a port.. that takes you to the same instance the normal nax port would..(or in this case.. ZA /ZG) and do... NOTHING.. just leave it how it is entirely at its lower level settings lol
03/11/2011 1:46 PMPosted by Hoernbeme
This talk about losing WoW developers, or that WoW is left to a "B team" is getting tiresome.

Welcome to the forums! Where silly topics are beaten to death by people with nothing better to do while at work (present company included!!)

My greatest fear for the future of WoW is that some day the Blizz devs are going to take all the QQing around here seriously.
one thing... that quote you chose.. DIDNT ACTUALLY SAY THEY WERENT A B TEAM >.< lol but yeah if they were a 'b team' I bet they would feel tiresome being called that.
Posted by Zarhym

Think of it like sports team, that fires a coach and hires a new coach. You may have mostly the same Devs, but it is under new leadership.

When a Football team hires a new head coach, the players remain the same. The new head coach changes the schemes, and the vision for the furture, for he has the ultimate say.
I'd like to see all of the lowby instances made into 85 level (or whatever end level) content. Think of the randoms you'd get off that!